go.pack.go.
15 years ago

May be off topic, but what exactly did Jolly do to get him in legal trouble? Could he really go to prison, or would he get suspended by the NFL?

"dfosterf" wrote:

Link:

Jolly decides to open a cough syrup factory 

"go.pack.go." wrote:

Wow, what I'm wondering is why didn't they take action before the season? If they were going to do something, wouldn't they have already done it?
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago
I want to go on record and say that I think it's ridiculous this nation can consider putting a man in prison for having too much cough syrup. I sincerely hope that one day this nation has the moral courage to reexamine the Controlled Substances Act and abandon a set of flawed laws that imprisons nonviolent people for no other reason than they want to feel good. I find it to be a national embarrassment that the nation who claims to be the "Land of the Free" has more people per capita in prison than any other country on the face of the planet -- and that goes for Communist China and formerly Soviet Russia.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
15 years ago

May be off topic, but what exactly did Jolly do to get him in legal trouble? Could he really go to prison, or would he get suspended by the NFL?

"go.pack.go." wrote:

Link:

Jolly decides to open a cough syrup factory 

"dfosterf" wrote:

Wow, what I'm wondering is why didn't they take action before the season? If they were going to do something, wouldn't they have already done it?

"go.pack.go." wrote:

This should answer all of your questions.

Link:

Jolly in trouble 
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago
Foster, what is your theory as to why they haven't moved yet on Jolly? Is it simply because he has a clean record prior to this incident?
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
15 years ago

Foster, what is your theory as to why they haven't moved yet on Jolly? Is it simply because he has a clean record prior to this incident?

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Yes. The consensus is that because he has no "priors", the commish is waiting for the legal system to extract the pound of flesh prior to acting. It does NOT minimize the potential trouble he is in. "Purple Drank" is apparently a popular drug of choice in Texas, but the law is the law. For perspective, Robitussin AG contains about 10mg of codeine. He got popped with 200 grams... not of Robitussin, but codeine, hence the "factory" joke, but the reality is that it isn't very funny. He could easily wind up in prison, and that is a no sh!tter.

(Obviously not for your edification, Nonstop--- 1 Mg=1/1000 gram)
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago
He certainly could, and while under the law of the land, he deserves it, I find the law itself embarrassing. You may be sure that if I am ever summoned to jury duty for a drug case, I will exercise my absolute right as an informed juror to practice Jury Nullification , render the law effectively null and void, and let the guy off the hook.

(Obviously, I'm talking about possession offenses here. I wouldn't excuse someone who murdered or raped another while under the influence.)
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
15 years ago
I haven't brought this up, because every time I do something like this, bad things happen. My theory is that Jolly is in one hell of a lot more trouble than people realize. Look at this link. Look at where the subject of the link is from. I hope a judge does not see this.

Link:

Terrence Kiel 
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago
If he really is in deep trouble, I'm surprised the media hasn't made more of it. There have been few leaks, hardly any whispers. I have a hard time remembering a legal proceeding that has been kept so successfully under wraps.

It strikes me, too, that if the Packers suspected he were truly in trouble, they would divest themselves of him as soon as possible to free up a roster spot before the draft. Unless they're hoping to use him as competition to force this year's draft picks to step their game up.

Thoughts?
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
15 years ago

If he really is in deep trouble, I'm surprised the media hasn't made more of it. There have been few leaks, hardly any whispers. I have a hard time remembering a legal proceeding that has been kept so successfully under wraps.

It strikes me, too, that if the Packers suspected he were truly in trouble, they would divest themselves of him as soon as possible to free up a roster spot before the draft. Unless they're hoping to use him as competition to force this year's draft picks to step their game up.

Thoughts?

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Well, Kiel got his wrist slapped, at least by the legal system. I'm not inferring that Jolly has a "problem", btw... I'm pointing out that perhaps a Texas Judge and the league will look at what happened to Kiel and decide to take a more "proactive" approach with Jolly. I am alarmed that this thing is going to court... that COULD be because Jolly wanted to play this season, but it could just as easily be due to the prosecutor saying (if only to himself) "Well, we gave that other NFL guy a "pass", and now he's dead. Not this time." In other words, "NO DEAL". Who knows? I'm just pointing out that the ingredients are there for this to be very, very bad.
Since69
15 years ago
Starting to get a real good feeling about B.J. Raji.

From this   page...

Raji, who projects as a nose tackle in the 3-4, is physically similar to Packers tackle Ryan Pickett. Raji stood 6-2 and weighed 334 pounds at the Senior Bowl. At the combine in 2001 when he entered the draft, Pickett was 6-2 and 309, although he's closer to 350 now.

But the big difference in the two players is quickness off the ball. There wasn't a quicker tackle at the Senior Bowl. That's a 3-4 asset because if a player can shoot a gap, the offensive linemen might have to double-team him. That leaves other players unblocked.

The prototypical 3-4 NFL nose tackle is the 6-1, 323-pound Vince Wilfork of the New England Patriots. Wilfork is stronger but Raji is taller, just as heavy and quicker.

"The Packers were asking me where I felt comfortable playing," Raji said. "I definitely can do it. I'd love to do it. I'm their man if they need a nose tackle. Bring it on."

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (8h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (8h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (9h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (12h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (12h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (15h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (16h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Around The NFL / beast

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.