dhazer
15 years ago
Ok now your saying in the final 8 minutes of a game Favre had whatever for comebacks but yet you are saying the full 4th quarter for Rodgers. I didn't say the loss to Carolina was all Rodgers fault what happened to you win as a team and you lose as a team. But way i am seeing some of the posters on here say if we lost its because of the defense or special teams so how is that fair?

And wils before you smart off why don't you check your facts the last game of the season we never trailed and i guess i could give you the 1st lions game if you claim a comeback when you win by 23 lol. But hey your the expert of everything so your right.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Rios39
15 years ago

Ok now your saying in the final 8 minutes of a game Favre had whatever for comebacks but yet you are saying the full 4th quarter for Rodgers. I didn't say the loss to Carolina was all Rodgers fault what happened to you win as a team and you lose as a team. But way i am seeing some of the posters on here say if we lost its because of the defense or special teams so how is that fair?

And wils before you smart off why don't you check your facts the last game of the season we never trailed and i guess i could give you the 1st lions game if you claim a comeback when you win by 23 lol. But hey your the expert of everything so your right.

"dhazer" wrote:

They were losing, they came back and took the lead. Can I make that any similar for ya?
blank
beast
15 years ago
Rodgers has been bad the last five minutes. He also has ruled the first fifty five minutes.

The defense has sucked late in games and were alright in other times.

Point is it's more on the defense than Rodgers that the Packers keep losing.
UserPostedImage
bozz_2006
15 years ago
simpler.
UserPostedImage
dhazer
15 years ago
Ok i'm sorry guys Rodgers is god he makes no mistakes if we could have rodgers play all the positions we would be undefeated for sure. He is the best qb in the nfl by far noone is even close to him. I mean after al he led his team to 6 wins. We never had a qb of his greatness in Green Bay before so i was mistaken sorry guys. He is going to be the MVP of the league the next 18 years in a row. I see him passing for 7000 yards next year and about 150 tds with 0 interceptions. Damn this Rodgers kool-aid tastes great when you wear the Rodgers goggles, I think this is more potent then some good ole fashion moon shine. Well ok it atleast makes you think as stupid as drinking moon shine.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
beast
15 years ago
People aren't drinking "Rodgers kool-aid" it's just that most people aren't drinking the hater aid ether.

How many times did the defense hold the lead? Not every often.
UserPostedImage
bozz_2006
15 years ago
you guys should stop trying to get each others' panties in a twist. it's a long offseason, we don't need to start getting pissy with each other just yet. we should at least wait til the end of free agency, or the second day of the draft.

Yes, Aaron Rodgers had a good first year.
No, he's not as good as Favre
Yes, he needs to improve.
Yes, I think he will improve.

Can't argue with that, right? .....maybe you can. lol

Let's lighten up fellas.
UserPostedImage
dhazer
15 years ago
Bozz it just pisses me off that alot of posters are basically putting this guy in the hall of fame after one good stats year. My honest opinion is that all the Rodgers lovers are also Favre haters. They are pissed that Brett wanted to go play somewhere else. If Rodgers keeps playing well for the next few years then fine i can see the praise but cmon they are saying Rodgers did no wrong at all this year and we lost because of the rest of the team, isn't that putting one player ahead of the team (oh wait they wouldn't do that because they hate players like that). I asked a simple question to NON about his original post and it went down hill from there. I simply asked what angle was he going for because he claims he had a 4th quarter comeback but then in the article it also said Rodgers threw a pick to seal the loss. So i disn't know if the nail in the coffin was that he can't win games at the end or if it was that they were trying to find a way to dismiss that fact.

Edit: Kinda funny i get to do the Qbs for the project maybe its good because i don't wear the goggles on any player.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago

Ok now your saying in the final 8 minutes of a game Favre had whatever for comebacks but yet you are saying the full 4th quarter for Rodgers.

"dhazer" wrote:

Perhaps some explanation is in order. The statistic I mentioned (final 8 minutes) was researched in response to the final 5 minutes argument that has been leveled against Rodgers. So this sports analyst decided (I'm presuming) to be generous (or maybe it was simply to increase sample size) and give Favre 8 minutes, with the results stated above (22). So that is one argument.

The other argument concerns Favre's official number of 4th-quarter, come-from-behind victories statistic. This statistic is extremely generous: If the Packers took the lead with 14:59 remaining and there was no further scoring in the game, that would count as a 4th-quarter, come-from-behind victory. Favre had 39 such victories in Green Bay (second only to Elway's 47), for an average of 2.4 per season.

By this standard, Rodgers had 1 4th-quarter, come-from-behind victory this season (the first Lions game), not 2 as has been said earlier in this thread. What this means is that in 5 out of the 6 Packers victories this season, the Packers lead throughout the entire 4th quarter. That is a good thing, in my opinion. I have no masochistic desire to watch my team dig its way out of holes. I want to see them dominate. "Dig enough holes, you're bound to find your way out of some" -- yes, but why take the risk?

This doesn't take into consideration the 4 games in which Rodgers lead the team to a come-from-behind tie (Atlanta, Tennessee, Houston, ) or lead (Jacksonville), or the Chicago game in which Crosby missed a game-winning field goal.

Again, these are separate arguments, and conflating them only weakens all of them.
UserPostedImage
Ginco19
15 years ago

My honest opinion is that all the Rodgers lovers are also Favre haters.

"dhazer" wrote:

You may want to start by reconsidering that opinion. I dont think anyone else thinks that all Rodgers Lovers are Favre Haters.... and if they do.... well thats just sad and silly.
I think Rodgers is doing well and i like him so far. I think Brett did Amazing and more while he was here and i like both guys.

So there is first hand proof that your opinion is wrong.

sorry :/ (not really tho)