Barfarn
8 years ago
Lacy and Adams injured ankles in Seattle, Adams came back to play, Lacy didn’t. Who’s injury was more serious/susceptible to reinjury? Lacy, Right? But he got through the game and had a lot more stress put on his injured ankle than Adams’. The medical staff has expertise and MRIs and given how conservative they usually are I don’t think they can be blamed for Adams’ reinjury, unless ya got more info (Like Musccy said). The reinjury was a fluke because Adams was doing a Janis impersonation and went up awkwardly for that ball.

Play #1-Adams was running an option hook. If CB is inside he hooks outside and vice-versa. The CB was inside but Adams turned inside [the wrong way] and Aaron Rodgers threw outside. Adams had to awkwardly lunge back for the ball and was perfectly okay. [Boykin did this a few times in 2014].

Play #2-Adams blocks with great leg drive on Lacy’s run, again looks perfectly okay.

Play #3-Adams was running an out, Aaron Rodgers either made a bad throw or Adams was supposed to turn up field [probably the later]. Adams suddenly stopped and leaped off his bad foot while pirouetting. I think reinjury occurred on way up and caused or contributed to Adams missing the catch; because he landed on his good foot. Though it should be noted CB made contact just as bad foot hit ground, so it is possible the reinjury occurred while landing. I bet if Adams runs all his routes correctly, thus eliminating the need for awkward lunges and pirouetting leaps, he probably finishes the game.

Ted Thompson and the med staff expressly informed us that Adams’ injury would not be long term, when they placed Q on IR-DTR. GB did not want to lose Gaston [hope he makes PS; but I doubt it, someone will claim him-EG, Patriots activated Kyrie Thornton to their 53 from PS this week], so they’d IR Adams if he was going to be out for year and if they were not sure then its Adams that ends up on IR-DTR, not Q. I think Q should request of Godell to serve his suspension over the next couple of weeks.😂

Abbey being called up is proof Adams ain’t playin’. With only 5 WRs and 3 TEs on roster with Q and Adams out; and Backman, Monty and Janis not having full grasp of playbook [because they are rookies or not so bright] that leaves us with only 3 dependable targets. Abby will be the 4th most dependable target v. 49ers.
beast
8 years ago

This happened today? Aren't they already in San Francisco?

I wonder if he made the trip! (?)

Originally Posted by: greengold 

I'm not sure, but I think practice players do make road trips as well... I remember a couple of years ago there was a story about the coaches being upset they had to hold the plane because some player(s) were suppose to show up and didn't... they held the plane until the got there. The player(s) thought they weren't going because they're on the practice squad and not going to be playing in the game (like college teams don't bring all their back-up players who they don't think will get on the field). But I could be confusing that with inactive players... if they told some player they were going to be inactive before making the trip.

But that would be very awkward for Gaston/coaches... if they told him we're releasing you while on a road trip. Do you leave them in SF? Do you try to catch a team plane ride back home to get your stuff out of Wisconsin? Do you wait to see if your claimed? Or if they might offer a PS spot to you? etc, etc.

But overall I see this as Gaston got released for Guion and Abbrederis got signed for Quarless going on IR.

It'll be interesting how comfortable they feel with Abbrederis or will he be on the inactive list... or 5 WRs? or maybe even 4th if they like what they've seen in the last month.

As for having 3 slot WR types... that could be a good thing, with not having Nelson to stretch the field and the OT not being a huge strength they could be going for a lot more shorter passes to get Y.A.C. on more than the deep treat or possession WR.
UserPostedImage
TheKanataThrilla
8 years ago

As for having 3 slot WR types... that could be a good thing, with not having Nelson to stretch the field and the OT not being a huge strength they could be going for a lot more shorter passes to get Y.A.C. on more than the deep treat or possession WR.

Originally Posted by: beast 

Could running 3 slot WR types kinda be like teams running 2 TE sets? The guys are just a bit shorter and smaller.

Barfarn
8 years ago

But that would be very awkward for Gaston/coaches... if they told him we're releasing you while on a road trip. Do you leave them in SF? Do you try to catch a team plane ride back home to get your stuff out of Wisconsin? Do you wait to see if your claimed? Or if they might offer a PS spot to you? etc, etc.

It'll be interesting how comfortable they feel with Abbrederis or will he be on the inactive list... or 5 WRs? or maybe even 4th if they like what they've seen in the last month.

Beast, they just told Gaston they were flying out of Milwaukee; by the time Gaston figured it out, he was released...Ya dont want an in-air incident w/ a guy that big😂

Seriously, I cant imagine any il-will by Gaston on his release. He knows he's #7 DL and cut when Jones and Guion come back. He got some hope when Boyd went down; but still knows he's a #52-53 guy and saw Joe Thomas' performance .

GB surely informed Gaston that he's still viewed as a Packer, that if he doesn't get claimed, he'll be asked to join PS or even better play that 54 man roster trick w/him.

And ABBy is playing. The ONLY ways they cut Gaston and Abby sits is if Abby gets a concussion i warm ups or another GM was trying to woo Abby w/ a promise of a roster spot, and I cant see this happening. I'll be stunned if Janis gets more reps, I wonder if Abby or Monty gets more.
nerdmann
8 years ago

Lacy and Adams injured ankles in Seattle, Adams came back to play, Lacy didn’t. Who’s injury was more serious/susceptible to reinjury? Lacy, Right? But he got through the game and had a lot more stress put on his injured ankle than Adams’. The medical staff has expertise and MRIs and given how conservative they usually are I don’t think they can be blamed for Adams’ reinjury, unless ya got more info (Like Musccy said). The reinjury was a fluke because Adams was doing a Janis impersonation and went up awkwardly for that ball.

Play #1-Adams was running an option hook. If CB is inside he hooks outside and vice-versa. The CB was inside but Adams turned inside [the wrong way] and Aaron Rodgers threw outside. Adams had to awkwardly lunge back for the ball and was perfectly okay. [Boykin did this a few times in 2014].

Play #2-Adams blocks with great leg drive on Lacy’s run, again looks perfectly okay.

Play #3-Adams was running an out, Aaron Rodgers either made a bad throw or Adams was supposed to turn up field [probably the later]. Adams suddenly stopped and leaped off his bad foot while pirouetting. I think reinjury occurred on way up and caused or contributed to Adams missing the catch; because he landed on his good foot. Though it should be noted CB made contact just as bad foot hit ground, so it is possible the reinjury occurred while landing. I bet if Adams runs all his routes correctly, thus eliminating the need for awkward lunges and pirouetting leaps, he probably finishes the game.

Ted Thompson and the med staff expressly informed us that Adams’ injury would not be long term, when they placed Q on IR-DTR. GB did not want to lose Gaston [hope he makes PS; but I doubt it, someone will claim him-EG, Patriots activated Kyrie Thornton to their 53 from PS this week], so they’d IR Adams if he was going to be out for year and if they were not sure then its Adams that ends up on IR-DTR, not Q. I think Q should request of Godell to serve his suspension over the next couple of weeks.😂

Abbey being called up is proof Adams ain’t playin’. With only 5 WRs and 3 TEs on roster with Q and Adams out; and Backman, Monty and Janis not having full grasp of playbook [because they are rookies or not so bright] that leaves us with only 3 dependable targets. Abby will be the 4th most dependable target v. 49ers.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

If Davante's injury turns out to have been a broken leg and the Packers staff misdiagnosed it, then that's it man. They'll need to make a change.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
greengold
8 years ago

But overall I see this as Gaston got released for Guion and Abbrederis got signed for Quarless going on IR.

This is a good way to look at it. Gaston was a healthy scratch for gameday even while Guion was suspended. The only thing that delayed Gaston's release was Quarless going on IR.

Hopefully Gaston clears waivers and can take Abby's spot on the PS.

Porforis
8 years ago

Well, let's see how long he lasts before he gets hurt

Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra 

He'd fit right in with the starters, is what you're saying?
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (3h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (3h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.