Rockmolder
15 years ago
I think Ruvell is an ok player. He isn't as good as he seems to be though, since he's always lining up against the Nr. 4 DBs it seems, but still, he's ok.

I think he just doesn't have the raw talent that most NFL receivers have. Remember that he was an undrafted player that played in Europe and his best season has been one of 350 yards.

I really like him, but I think he's replacable pretty easily. Especially since we still have last years 7th round pick on our practice squad. Ofcourse I don't know how he's turning out right now, but I could see Ruvell leaving (If he gets signed as an RFA, still weird that the Europe year doesn't seem to count) and Brett Swain taking his place.

That will also be the reason I don't see Ted Thompson draft a receiver this year. Or there has to be someone he really can't pass on or a very late pick.
beast
15 years ago

I do think it's odd that so many of us have a soft spot in our hearts for Ruvell Martin. I wonder where that comes from? It's certainly not his output on the field.

"blueleopard" wrote:

I agree with that.

"PackFanWithTwins" wrote:

I like the kid, he is not a #1-3 for a the team, but he has been quiet, not gotten and any trouble, and does what is asked of him the best he can. Nothing wrong with that.

"beast" wrote:

It's kind of like the whole Robert Ferguson thing--except I like Ruvell Martin a whole lot more than Fergie.

Ruvell is a player with great build and has exceptional strength, especially in the blocking game. If he knew how to catch, he'd probably start.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

I think Ferguson and Martin are about the same. I think Ferguson helped more in ST then Martin has though.

If he knew how to catch he still wouldn't be #3.
UserPostedImage
beast
15 years ago

I really like him, but I think he's replacable pretty easily. Especially since we still have last years 7th round pick on our practice squad. Ofcourse I don't know how he's turning out right now, but I could see Ruvell leaving (If he gets signed as an RFA, still weird that the Europe year doesn't seem to count) and Brett Swain taking his place.

"Rockmolder" wrote:

Swain was a wasted draft pick. Swain teammate WR Chaz Schilens was also still on the draft board. Chaz Schilens is 6-4 and ran a sub 4.4 in the 40 yard dash. Schilens is very raw but with good coaching he could become very good to great and he would have a chance to sit and learn behind the guys.

Also I think Jake Allen has a better chance than Swain to beat out Martin.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
15 years ago
Lito Sheppard of the Eagles was offered up last year. The consensus was that the Eagles were looking for a 3rd round pick for him. There were no takers (they actually approached Detroit about trading Williams and a 1st for him, also).

He is now listed as 4th on their depth chart, doesn't even play in the nickel packages, and the talk in PA is that it has to do with his grousing, contrasted to his play. The concept now is that the Eagles would be lucky to get a 4th rounder for him. He's like 27, and he is a two-time pro-bowler, I think.

What if we offered both of our 6 rounders, and possibly include our 7th? (Trade chart works) And I don't think it will even take THAT.

Personally, I think he is an outstanding fit for us at corner.
blueleopard
15 years ago
Yeah, Sheppard would be a good fit on aggressive blitzing downs because of his zone coverage skills.

But he's fourth on their depth chart? Really? Other than Asante Samuel and Sheldon Brown--who's ahead of him?
Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
dfosterf
15 years ago

Yeah, Sheppard would be a good fit on aggressive blitzing downs because of his zone coverage skills.

But he's fourth on their depth chart? Really? Other than Asante Samuel and Sheldon Brown--who's ahead of him?

"blueleopard" wrote:

He can also play man/press arguably as good or better than what we already have.

Joselio Hansen is their third CB
Rotoworld Report - Lito 

Lito was even frozen out of special teams in the NFCCG
blueleopard
15 years ago
I really can't blame him for the attitude he's had. He's one of the corners that has had the honor of shutting out Terrell Owens in a game.

And how do the Eagles repay him? Signing Asante Samuel.

That's why the NFL is a business. We, as Packer fans, are so loyal to the team we already have, but when it comes to actually replacing players with people who'll move forward, all we do is scoff.

But I like Lito Sheppard. His problem is his height. Then again, Tramon is just as tall as he is, and Lito is definitely the better player.
Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
dfosterf
15 years ago

"dfosterf" wrote:

He can also play man/press arguably as good or better than what we already have.

Joselio Hansen is their third CB
Rotoworld Report - Lito 

Lito was even frozen out of special teams in the NFCCG

"blueleopard" wrote:

The BEST part is that he WAS looking for more $$$ but now that he has been displaced...at least for now, all he wants to do is have an opportunity to play. He HAS been paid, and the pro-rata signing bonus would be on the Iggles, not us. We would just be paying the balance of his contract through 2011, which is relatively cheap. I see this as not only a great fit, but some outstanding insurance as regards a certain aging CB that doesn't think he will be with us. Personally, I'd LOVE to see Al, Charles and Lito on the field at the same time.
Where did Al come from again? What were the circumstances that brought him here? Anything sounding familiar? :thumbleft:
bozz_2006
15 years ago
i was all for this deal to go down last year. i'd still like to see him. but i know that player trades don't happen often. I'm not holding my breath.

edit: and I was pissed that they signed Woodson instead of Lavar Arrington. hahaha.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (2h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (2h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (3h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (6h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (6h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (9h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (10h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (20h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.