nerdmann
8 years ago

A year later, James Jones can still recite his numbers.[URL=http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/0ba37eccf4226c06e0518b5ed38b3be9da41f13c/r=2000x200/local/-/media/2015/10/09/WIGroup/PackersNews/635799886656387978-GPG-ES-Packers-vs-Bears-09131501596.jpg" title="View image][/URL]

Continue Reading @ PackersNews 

PackersNews wrote:

I didn't doubt him either, although the year is only 1/4 over. JJ has always been underrated, just being that Ted has supplied us with such depth at the position.

I also believed in Raji, Rodgers and Davante Adams. So far so good. Datone Jones and Nick Perry too.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
DakotaT
8 years ago
Whatever, had Jordy not gone down, Jones would have been cut by the Giants and an afterthought. Can we please give credit to the Green Bay system and its all world quarterback?
UserPostedImage
steveishere
8 years ago

Whatever, had Jordy not gone down, Jones would have been cut by the Giants and an afterthought. Can we please give credit to the Green Bay system and its all world quarterback?

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

I don't think that's really necessary as long as he's got his dedicated cheerleader around. I believe you've got it covered.
DakotaT
8 years ago

I don't think that's really necessary as long as he's got his dedicated cheerleader around. I believe you've got it covered.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

That's fine! Can we please not have all the green and gold glasses crowd pining to give Jones a monster contract at the end of the year please? There was a reason he was allowed to walk a few years ago.

Would it be all right with you though, Steve, that I can have my own opinion on Jones; or do I have to join the G & GG club with the rest of you? Thanks man!
UserPostedImage
steveishere
8 years ago

That's fine! Can we please not have all the green and gold glasses crowd pining to give Jones a monster contract at the end of the year please? There was a reason he was allowed to walk a few years ago.

Would it be all right with you though, Steve, that I can have my own opinion on Jones; or do I have to join the G & GG club with the rest of you? Thanks man!

Oh yeah I forgot about the "crowd" you are continually obsessed with that doesn't actually exist. If it makes you feel that much better to attribute one or two opinions to everybody else go right ahead.

You can't ever name or argue with specific people about their opinions so you just make up this "green and gold glasses crowd" to spew your opinions at. For example I don't see anyone pining to give Jones a massive contract yet apparently you are the only one here that's against it so congrats on winning that argument with an invisible non existent person I guess... 😂
DoddPower
8 years ago

Oh yeah I forgot about the "crowd" you are continually obsessed with that doesn't actually exist. If it makes you feel that much better to attribute one or two opinions to everybody else go right ahead.

You can't ever name or argue with specific people about their opinions so you just make up this "green and gold glasses crowd" to spew your opinions at. For example I don't see anyone pining to give Jones a massive contract yet apparently you are the only one here that's against it so congrats on winning that argument with an invisible non existent person I guess... 😂

Dakota has never been one to make any sense. At all. Just let him have his fun.

There is absolutely no way Jones will get a "monster contract" after this season. He may be able to get another year or two extension for a few million, at best. And it may not even be with the Packers.
earthquake
8 years ago

Yeah that's a blatant strawman argument if I've ever seen one. To take a negative angle on the James Jones situation you really have to go out of your way to make stuff up.

I don't understand these absolute statements attributing credit to one single source, it reeks of trying to back up some biased position. Why can't there be a reasonable viewpoint here without getting black and white?

Ted Thompson deserves credit for the balls it took to wait for Jones to get cut rather than give up a draft pick, and of course to go out and sign him asap.

Mike McCarthy and the offensive staff deserve credit for using James Jones correctly and getting noticeably better performance out of him than Oakland did a year ago.

Aaron Rodgers deserves credit for being the best QB in the league and making anyone he throws to look better than they are.

James Jones deserves credit for clearly not being a washed up has-been, performing at this point in the season as well as he has in his career, #2 in TDs, a crazy 18.6 average and a reception:catch ratio roughly as good as Rob Gronkowski.

Now, none of this means I think Jones should be signed to a monster contract, it's only 4 games so it would be foolish to read too much into it. If Jones keeps the solid performance up, I would have no issue with him being signed to a 2-3 year contract at the market rate for a #3-4 WR.

Me, I'm pleasantly surprised, I was expecting him to produce at the level of a 3-4, it's easy to say he's exceeded my expectations thus far, as he's arguably been the Packer's most productive receiver.
blank
DakotaT
8 years ago

Dakota has never been one to make any sense. At all. Just let him have his fun.

Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

And yet the things I brought up, not making any sense, are being discussed. 🙄

It's probably time for another vacation and let you guys have your 2 page threads.
UserPostedImage
steveishere
8 years ago

It's probably time for another vacation and let you guys have your 2 page threads.

Better than reading your complaints about the opinions of your imaginary friends.🤣
DoddPower
8 years ago

Admittedly, it's hard to ignore nonsensical comments. It's a weakness of many.

Bye.