PackFanWithTwins
15 years ago
If Kamp does get moved to OLB, don't expect him in coverage unless it is a zone blitz drop back. He is not going to be able to cover TE/RB. He will basically always be a rusher. That is what he does best, and unless it is to create confusion, he will continue to do that.

I really do not see him moving to OLB. IMO he will be much more valuable as DE. Kamp has worked extremely hard to get and keep his weight in the 260 range. He was 280+ coming out of college. I think it would make more sense to let him bulk up some and bounce around the Dline with Jenkins.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Pack93z
  • Pack93z
  • Select Member Topic Starter
15 years ago
Okay.. lets recap a little here.

Tony Brackens, a pass rushing DE, moved to OLB to get him more opportunities from even more of an outside angle.. but used in coverage in short zone drops. 260, good lateral speed, but no one would mistake him for a fluid linebacker.

Sound like someone familiar?

How many times do you see Ware or Merriman dropping into coverage.. Not very freaking often.

They are basically stand up DE, rushing from more of a outside angle and using their speed and power on the outer shoulder of a tackle.. if you as an offense make a mistake of trying to block them with a TE or back you are toast.

That is the role I am guessing.. but don't mistake that I think you will see Kampy also dropping inside and putting his hand down in known passing situation or rotated in during the game.

BTW.. how many outside running plays do you think you would see to Kampman's side in a 3-4? Guards and Tackles would have a hard time reaching out and effectively blocking him and FB and TE wouldn't have much luck against the more stout Kampman.

Call it a hunch.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
beast
15 years ago
I'm guessing Kampman will be the LOLB. If he is asked to cover it will be in a zone and all he does is play it smart. You don't have to be the best cover person for zone.

And Kampman did try to cover Jason Whitten on one play last year and while he didn't do great it was Jason Whitten, one of the better TE in the NFL. And that was Kampman trying to jam Whitten at the line and then try to get up with him. At LB he'll already be back in space.
UserPostedImage
warhawk
15 years ago
Capes will pull the scissors and shuffle Kampman to the outside....often.
"The train is leaving the station."
flep
15 years ago
Kamp in my eyes IS mobile enough to play OLB.
Formed Merseyside Nighthawks. British Champions 1992. Packer fan for 32 years
UserPostedImage

I feel very wrong now!!!!!!!!!
Rios39
15 years ago
If Kampman drops into coverage that means we are likely coming with a 3 man rush, which I HATE. Drop him into a zone now and then and I'm cool with that.
blank
beast
15 years ago

If Kampman drops into coverage that means we are likely coming with a 3 man rush, which I HATE. Drop him into a zone now and then and I'm cool with that.

"Rios39" wrote:

I think they could fake a blitz from Kampman and blitz two other LBers and then be man on man with everyone but the SS helping out Kampman.

FYI I'm not saying do that often. Once in a blue moon to catch the offense off guard.
UserPostedImage
Rios39
15 years ago
True, Even just dropping Kampman into coverage and blitzing from elsewhere could cause confusion because they can't find the one on one match up Kampman is on, maybe they throw it into his zone out of panic. Get him dropping back or just out towards the flat.
blank
porky88
15 years ago
I've been saying for a bit now that I believe Aaron Kampman will start at OLB in the 3-4 base defense, but I think Dom Capers will move him around and use him in several ways. At times I think he could blitz from the inside backer and at times he could rush as a DE. It all depends on the down, distance, and what type of situation the opponent is in.
jbshell04
15 years ago
You all remember the denver game last year when he was runnin all over the place running down wideouts on the flat and rb's kampy is coachable and that will translatge in most cases into a positive
I am therefor I think.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (29m) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (1h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (11h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (18h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (19h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (20h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (23h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.