Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago
[youtube]IMk5sMHj58I[/youtube]
UserPostedImage
El3ment12
15 years ago
Who scheduled this game anyway? HE should be fired. The guy who scheduled it should not get away with it! lol
Yerko
15 years ago
The person who should have really been fired is most likely the athletic director of the school who scheduled this game.

I agree with the coach firing too and its sad that there isn't some sort of mercy rule if it actually came to this point.

A team doesn't score 1 point in the first half is a good indication that bad things are coming in the second half...just my opinion.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
15 years ago
For you defending the actions of the coach.. they were reacting to the crowd asking them to break 100..

If go into halftime 59-0 or whatever.. you don't continue to press until the 4th quarter and pounce on turnovers on their side of the court within the press..

Common sportsmanship would be to run full set offenses, slow down the pace and speed up the end of the game. Call off the full court press and let them at least get it past half court.

I am sorry, I see no defense of the coach himself.. you have the game in hand.. become a sport and don't try to break 100 to prove your superiority. As a coach, part of your responsibility is to instill ethics and competitive spirit into young people... not take everything you can get at all costs.

It is bullshit.. either way you slice it.. I thought it bullshit when Billicheat last year continued to run the 2 minute offense late into at hand games and rub in another score or two.. it is poor sportsmanship.

And in the land of sports, little room for those that can't stay within a realm of proper sportsmanship.

I remember last year reading about a young lady that blew her knee out in a softball game.. the opposing coach allowed her teammates to carry her around the bases to finish off her home run gallop.. no rule forced him or her to do so.. they just understood what sportsmanship was.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
zombieslayer
15 years ago

It is bullshit.. either way you slice it.. I thought it bullshit when Billicheat last year continued to run the 2 minute offense late into at hand games and rub in another score or two.. it is poor sportsmanship.

"pack93z" wrote:

Well, if we're up 42-0 against the Cows and have 5 minutes left to play, I'd want us to break the big 5-0. If that means attempting an onside kick, so be it.

I want to see TO cry again on TV. That would be cool. What would be even more cool is being the person who made TO cry.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
PackFanWithTwins
15 years ago

For you defending the actions of the coach.. they were reacting to the crowd asking them to break 100..

If go into halftime 59-0 or whatever.. you don't continue to press until the 4th quarter and pounce on turnovers on their side of the court within the press..

Common sportsmanship would be to run full set offenses, slow down the pace and speed up the end of the game. Call off the full court press and let them at least get it past half court.

I am sorry, I see no defense of the coach himself.. you have the game in hand.. become a sport and don't try to break 100 to prove your superiority. As a coach, part of your responsibility is to instill ethics and competitive spirit into young people... not take everything you can get at all costs.

And in the land of sports, little room for those that can't stay within a realm of proper sportsmanship.

I remember last year reading about a young lady that blew her knee out in a softball game.. the opposing coach allowed her teammates to carry her around the bases to finish off her home run gallop.. no rule forced him or her to do so.. they just understood what sportsmanship was.

"pack93z" wrote:

From what I have read, they stopped the full court press after they were up 20-0 in the 1st period and dropped back to just a zone defense. They played the full bench and stopped driving to make normal shots for girls BBall and just let them go from outside where the normal completion percentage is 30%.

The only thing they really could have done more is to sit in their hands and let the other team score. Which would be noticeable and even more embarrassing.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Pack93z
15 years ago
Mike and Mike had the story late last week.. the story as reported in the Dallas Morning news was they had a full court press on 2 minutes into the fourth quarter.. Maybe I need to read further into the story..
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Pack93z
15 years ago
Two stories I guess.. maybe they should break out the tape of the game.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/012609dnspocovenantnu.2781526.html 

Dallas Academy coaches and administrators say Covenant kept the pressure on until it reached 100 points midway through the fourth quarter.

Dallas Academy coach Andrew Lott agreed that Covenant stopped pressing at that point but returned with an alternate press later in the game.

"I am 100 percent sure," said Lott, who estimated that his team was able to take seven shots all game.

Dallas Academy, renowned for its work with students who have learning disabilities, is winless this season and has not won a game in at least four seasons

PackFanWithTwins
15 years ago

Mike and Mike had the story late last week.. the story as reported in the Dallas Morning news was they had a full court press on 2 minutes into the fourth quarter.. Maybe I need to read further into the story..

"pack93z" wrote:

http://www.flightbasketball.com/100-0-Texas-Game-Response-From-Coach.html 
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Pack93z
15 years ago

"PackFanWithTwins" wrote:

http://www.flightbasketball.com/100-0-Texas-Game-Response-From-Coach.html 

"pack93z" wrote:

That is his and teams response.. which very well might be as well.

Guess is proves on thing though.. Mike and Mike may have jumped to conclusions and made it a total victim story..

Wonder if they have a tape of the game.. curious for the grounds of termination?
Fan Shout
dfosterf (1h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (1h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (2h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (5h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (5h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (8h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (9h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (19h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.