Zero2Cool
8 years ago
That dude who has a steakhouse in town is having his number retired Thursday which puts him in the category of Tony Canadeo, Paul Hornung, Don Hutson, Bart Starr and Reggie White.

What are your five favorite memories of Brett Favre?

1. Jumping over the squirrel in 94
  2.  etz4o8.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.

3. This play here. 
  4. Favre, whose head bounced off the grass, sat out two plays before returning to throw a 28-yard touchdown pass to Javon Walker on fourth-and-5. After celebrating the touchdown with Walker, Favre was summoned to the sideline, where medical personnel said he displayed signs of a concussion.

5. Running down the field after hitting Andre Rison
  6. UserPostedImage

7. Falcons dive for the win
  8. UserPostedImage

9. Throwing snowballs at the 2007 season playoff game against Seahawks. I was there!
  10. UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
Cheesey
8 years ago
So many to remember.
I saw him after practice in 1992. He was just a "newbie" then, and still walked through the crowd after practice. There was a big line of people asking him for an autograph, and I wasn't even gonna try because usually they sign a few and then walk away. He just kept signing though, so I took the rookie football card I had of him and got in line. When I finally got up to him and handed him my card, he said to me "Man......is this line ever gonna end?" (In his southern accent) and I said to him, "I don't care 'cause I'm here right now!" That made him laugh!
And he signed unlike most pro atheletes do today.....you can clearly read his name. I have that on my wall along side the card that Bart Starr signed for me.

I was also at the Packer/Seattle "Snow Bowl" game. It was one of the bast times I had at Lambeau Field.

Another great memory was when Favre was talking retirement, and while I was at Fan Fest he went up on stage and said he was coming back for another year. The crowd went nuts!

Of course watching SB 31 and seeing him run off the field after his first TD pass, waving his helmet.

The Oakland game after his Dad died was special.

Seeing him at his softball game when he was still with the Packers was pretty cool too.
UserPostedImage
yooperfan
8 years ago

I was also at the Packer/Seattle "Snow Bowl" game. It was one of the bast times I had at Lambeau Field.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

I was at the 2007 Packers/Seahawks game in the snow.
I met Cheesey in real life.

sschind
8 years ago
Like you said, so many to choose from.

In no particular order

the Raiders game after his Father passed away

the SB win against the Patriots.

His first start against the Steelers (because I was there)

His last start at Lambeau as a viking because he lost, and again I was there

Pick em... There are too many. The 5 TDs against the Bears after his foot injury, The snowball game, The Falcons dive game? Like I said too many to choose from.

I know a lot of people still harbor ill will towards him and to be honest my attitude towards him when he was playing for us was "if he played for anyone else I would hate him" I always appreciated what he did for us but even more so in the years since he moved on. I do think Rodgers is a better QB than Favre was but there are a few areas where Aaron could take some notes. I'm not sure I'll ever see another player with the consistent youthful exuberance that Favre had. He played like he loved to play the game and it showed almost week in and week out. He wasn't afraid to take chances and although interceptions are not a good thing we wouldn't have had half the good times if he wasn't willing to make the throw. Announcers would say "only Brett Favre could make that throw" and I would say "no, only Brett Favre WOULD make that throw" He holds the record for most interceptions but I'd be willing to guess there are only a handful at most that people remember and really hold against him. The rest get rolled into our memories with all the other plays and what we recall, or at least what I recall is that when Brett Favre was on the field I always felt we had a chance.

Far be it from me to tell any fan how they should feel about any player. If you want to hate Favre go right ahead, that is your right. I'm not saying this in any way to insinuate that your feelings are wrong just that I know the enjoyment I, and others like me, get when we remember him can't be replaced and if I chose to dislike him so much those memories certainly would not be as rewarding.

I'd love to be present on Thursday night to be a part of what will be one of the IMO top 5, moments in Wisconsin sports history.
nerdmann
8 years ago

• Falcons dive for the win
  • UserPostedImage

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

This game against the Falcons was the last one in County Stadium as I recall. Favre ran it in and dove for the TD to put us in the playoffs.

I think it was the first time we made the playoffs in many years, but the Yancey Thigpen play might have done that, not sure.

My other memory is when Favre was blackmailed into throwing INTs in the playoffs.
    “Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
    OlHoss1884
    8 years ago
    I think for me it was the playoff game in Detroit where he hit Sharpe on a tremendous WTF! play. At the end of this (admittedly low quality clip) check out the WTF look on the face of Wayne Fontes.

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" --Albert Einstein
    Pack93z
    8 years ago
    On Field:

Probably the thing that sticks out the most was Favre's enjoyment and passion for the game... more street ball than NFL stadium... I only seen him really quit once.

Probably the dive against the Falcons in MCS...

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
    Cheesey
    8 years ago

I was at the 2007 Packers/Seahawks game in the snow.
    I met Cheesey in real life.

Originally Posted by: yooperfan 

Yep Yoop!!! It was GREAT meeting you too! I was so bundled up that I kept gettig pushed off my aisle seat into the stairway. Then, anytime the Packers made a great play and everyone stood up to cheer, I would "reclaim" my seat!!!

And sschind, Favre going to the Vikings hurt me. But I decided to let that go and remember the good times. But like you, I wouldn't say anyone should not have the right to feel however they want to feel.
    I lived through the HORRIBLE 1970's and 80's, and that makes me appreciate what Favre did even more. Staying a Packer fan through those awful years made getting back to winning even more sweet.
    So that's what I'll be celebrating.
    That, and the fact that Bart Starr will be making what will be his last time in Green Bay.
    I wouldn't doubt that I'll be wiping away tears tomorrow.
    UserPostedImage
    Smokey
    8 years ago
    I don't have a list of favorite Favre memories, but I do recall a few.

The TD pass to Andre Risen in the SB.

The Oakland game following the passing of his father.

The shovel passes that completely fooled everyone, including the broadcasters.

The IRON MAN who set the set the NFL record for consecutive starts.

The rocket powered velocity he could put into passes that fit into some of the tightest windows GB WR's had ever seen.

The love of competing and winning enthusiasm that inspired his fellow teammates.

[bf] The Hall of Fame in Canton awaits this GREEN BAY PACKER.

UserPostedImage
    Fan Shout
    Zero2Cool (6h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
    Zero2Cool (6h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
    wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
    Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
    wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
    Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
    Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
    Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
    wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
    Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
    Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
    Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
    Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
    Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
    Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
    Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
    Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
    wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
    wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
    wpr (17-Mar) : INI
    wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
    Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
    Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
    Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
    Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
    dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
    Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
    Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
    dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
    dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
    dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
    dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
    dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
    Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
    Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
    Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
    Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
    Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
    dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
    dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
    Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
    Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
    Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
    Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
    Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
    Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
    Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
    dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
    Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
    Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
    Please sign in to use Fan Shout
    2023 Packers Schedule
    Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
    Bears
    Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
    Falcons
    Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
    SAINTS
    Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
    LIONS
    Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
    Raiders
    Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
    Broncos
    Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
    VIKINGS
    Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
    RAMS
    Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
    Steelers
    Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
    CHARGERS
    Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
    Lions
    Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
    CHIEFS
    Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
    Giants
    Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
    BUCCANEERS
    Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
    Panthers
    Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
    Vikings
    Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
    BEARS
    Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
    Cowboys
    Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
    49ers
    Recent Topics
    3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
    Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.