DakotaT
8 years ago

FYI, I had, not 10, but 25 years of Horn, Tagge, Hunter, Delgazo, Hadl, Whitehurts, Cambell, Wright, Tomszac, etc.

The Redskins in '72 PO game played a 5 man DL w/ 3 DBs that is how much the QB sucked. They shut down the run game 27-66 and one run was for 18 yards, so that's less than 2 YPC w/o the long run. Playing just 3 DBs hunter was 12-24-150-0-1Int. and the WRs 5 catches for 74 yards, half the pass yardage was dump offs to backs. Tavaris Jackson would have looked like Bart Starr compared to Noodle armed Hunter. The other 21 starters were damn good.

in 25 years, GB only got a few good years from Dickey, who was less durable than Abberderis, and 1 year of Magic. Then all of a sudden we got Brooks, Hasselbeck, Favre and Brunell.

[Now after that trip down memory lane I needed some therapy and a shower, now I'm back]

But, I guess I'm missing the logic here. I'm evaluating his play and evaluating his role as a leader, not "complaining." Is he good in 2015 because he set the record for Passer rating in 2011? If you believe he played well, then provide counter-argument.

Or can we not criticize GB idols? IMO, it's that attitude that made us post season misfits, if we made it there, 2000-2008.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

No, critique away. I'm just glad we have him, and I'm sure 30+ teams in the league would love to have him too. Is he infallible, obviously not, but I wouldn't trade him for anybody else.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
8 years ago
The one thing about Rodgers that has bothered me this year is the amount of guys that have been wide open short, and he either ignores them or waits too long for the throw to them that the defense has time to react and it kills any possibility to make it a big gain.

Too many drops also has hurt a lot.

Rodgers just needs to settle down and get on the same page with his receivers.
UserPostedImage
steveishere
8 years ago

The one thing about Rodgers that has bothered me this year is the amount of guys that have been wide open short, and he either ignores them or waits too long for the throw to them that the defense has time to react and it kills any possibility to make it a big gain.

Too many drops also has hurt a lot.

Rodgers just needs to settle down and get on the same page with his receivers.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Them not being on the same page so often (and all of the o-line protection screw ups) is what make me think a huge part of the problem is the big mix up they've done with all of the coaches and playcalling. I don't think Rodgers works nearly as well with the current set up as he did with McCarthy running the whole show. That would be a preferable scenario to one where Rodgers' mind and confidence is off but time will tell.
nerdmann
8 years ago

Them not being on the same page so often (and all of the o-line protection screw ups) is what make me think a huge part of the problem is the big mix up they've done with all of the coaches and playcalling. I don't think Rodgers works nearly as well with the current set up as he did with McCarthy running the whole show. That would be a preferable scenario to one where Rodgers' mind and confidence is off but time will tell.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

If I'm not mistaken, isn't Van Pelt now both QB and WR coach now?
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
DoddPower
8 years ago

Or can we not criticize GB idols? IMO, it's that attitude that made us post season misfits, if we made it there, 2000-2008.

I don't think that was his point. I think he's just saying having a struggling Aaron Rodgers is still a nice problem to have. Perhaps one could throw it under the cliche' "first world problems" statement. As a fan or a coach, I'd much rather have a struggling Aaron Rodgers than pretty much any other QB in the league. He needs to play better, as does most the team, but it's still good to be a Packer fan. I'd rather a struggling Rodgers than a Ryan Fitzpatrick playing well. All of Rodgers issues are fixable, and who knows how much injuries are at play here. We'll likely never know, that's for sure.

At least half of this current Packers organization probably wouldn't have jobs right now if not for Aaron Rodgers. He gets a decent bit of benefit of the doubt. He's earned it. He's certainly not above criticism, but when understanding the context of this season, I'm not too upset. Even if Aaron Rodgers was playing well I don't think a Dom Capers defense is good enough to win another Super Bowl unless it was full of elite talent. I doubt the dearth of talent at tight end can be overcame, either.
8 years ago

I don't think that was his point. I think he's just saying having a struggling Aaron Rodgers is still a nice problem to have. Perhaps one could throw it under the cliche' "first world problems" statement. As a fan or a coach, I'd much rather have a struggling Aaron Rodgers than pretty much any other QB in the league. He needs to play better, as does most the team, but it's still good to be a Packer fan. I'd rather a struggling Rodgers than a Ryan Fitzpatrick playing well. All of Rodgers issues are fixable, and who knows how much injuries are at play here. We'll likely never know, that's for sure.

At least half of this current Packers organization probably wouldn't have jobs right now if not for Aaron Rodgers. He gets a decent bit of benefit of the doubt. He's earned it. He's certainly not above criticism, but when understanding the context of this season, I'm not too upset. Even if Aaron Rodgers was playing well I don't think a Dom Capers defense is good enough to win another Super Bowl unless it was full of elite talent. I doubt the dearth of talent at tight end can be overcame, either.

Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

This is the best reply one could ever make. I wish I could applaud it a million times. Is Aaron Rodgers perfect? No! Has he struggled some? Yes! When everything is clicking is he the best damn quarterback I've ever seen? ABSOLUTELY.

Criticism is ok, calling a guy an asshole when we don't know the context of the situation and never will is juvenile. A-rod expects a lot from himself, and thus expects the same from his wideouts.

But perhaps playing patty-cake and a but squeeze will help wideouts learn to run their routes better?
Barfarn
  • Barfarn
  • Senior Member Topic Starter
8 years ago

This is the best reply one could ever make. I wish I could applaud it a million times. Is Aaron Rodgers perfect? No! Has he struggled some? Yes! When everything is clicking is he the best damn quarterback I've ever seen? ABSOLUTELY.

Criticism is ok, calling a guy an asshole when we don't know the context of the situation and never will is juvenile. A-rod expects a lot from himself, and thus expects the same from his wideouts.

But perhaps playing patty-cake and a but squeeze will help wideouts learn to run their routes better?

Originally Posted by: FLORIDA PACKER88 

Nice strawman! It's is not about expecting alot; it's about when a WR messes up how does the QB handle it...AR could have said something in the huddle or on SL after the drive. I think AR's public comments on Janis are unconscionable [I'm trying to be grown up here😂]; but the person that dresses his teammate down on the field is a bad teammate, a trader to the G & G, a complete arrogant asshole! Sorry, but that is the legal terminology for that behavior. He can get away with this as long as he playing at an MVP level; but this becomes major carcinogenic stuff when a "leader" screws up as much or more than anyone else; but decides to publicly call out the mistakes of others.

Olin Kreutz was talkin' about Bears debacle at end of Den game on 2 pt conv. Cutler checked to a run that had no chance given the line call and DL alignment. On post game Fox was asked about the play and he did the typical Mike McCarthy dance-around [BTW, this is the right thing to do]...He said its scheme cant talk about schematics blah blah blah. Cutler was asked next and he said that Foxy covered it, its scheme. Kreutz blasted Cutler for not being a leader; he said a leader stands up and says I made the wrong call!

Kruetz excoriating a guy for being silent and not taking the blame. I'm sure the word asshole would be one of the more milder expletives that would have crossed Kruetz' mind if a QB misses a wide open James Jones and then dresses down Adams in public for his failure to run a correct route.

And dont sleep on the idea that the drops are in part due to receivers trying to please Lord Rodgers. They may be pressing and their attention may be divided by trying to run the more perfect route.
DoddPower
8 years ago

Nice strawman! It's is not about expecting alot; it's about when a WR messes up how does the QB handle it...AR could have said something in the huddle or on SL after the drive. I think AR's public comments on Janis are unconscionable [I'm trying to be grown up here😂]; but the person that dresses his teammate down on the field is a bad teammate, a trader to the G & G, a complete arrogant asshole! Sorry, but that is the legal terminology for that behavior. He can get away with this as long as he playing at an MVP level; but this becomes major carcinogenic stuff when a "leader" screws up as much or more than anyone else; but decides to publicly call out the mistakes of others.

Olin Kreutz was talkin' about Bears debacle at end of Den game on 2 pt conv. Cutler checked to a run that had no chance given the line call and DL alignment. On post game Fox was asked about the play and he did the typical Mike McCarthy dance-around [BTW, this is the right thing to do]...He said its scheme cant talk about schematics blah blah blah. Cutler was asked next and he said that Foxy covered it, its scheme. Kreutz blasted Cutler for not being a leader; he said a leader stands up and says I made the wrong call!

Kruetz excoriating a guy for being silent and not taking the blame. I'm sure the word asshole would be one of the more milder expletives that would have crossed Kruetz' mind if a QB misses a wide open James Jones and then dresses down Adams in public for his failure to run a correct route.

And dont sleep on the idea that the drops are in part due to receivers trying to please Lord Rodgers. They may be pressing and their attention may be divided by trying to run the more perfect route.

Brady was chewing out his offense just the other night on the sidelines. Peyton Manning has obviously done it many times. The list goes on and on. It's what quarterbacks do. You can complain all you want, but the majority of us are still going to be happy that Aaron Rodgers is the quarterback of the Green Bay Packers. If it bothers you so much, write him a letter or something.

Aaron Rodgers is just fine and I guarantee you that the vast majority of his teammates are also glad he is their QB. There may be a few that would prefer Tom Brady, but you couldn't necessarily blame them for that, either.

mi_keys
8 years ago

Brady was chewing out his offense just the other night on the sidelines. Peyton Manning has obviously done it many times. The list goes on and on. It's what quarterbacks do. You can complain all you want, but the majority of us are still going to be happy that Aaron Rodgers is the quarterback of the Green Bay Packers. If it bothers you so much, write him a letter or something.

Aaron Rodgers is just fine and I guarantee you that the vast majority of his teammates are also glad he is their QB. There may be a few that would prefer Tom Brady, but you couldn't necessarily blame them for that, either.

Hey, the receivers need a safe space far away from Aaron's micro aggressions.
Born and bred a cheesehead
nerdmann
8 years ago

Tom and Peyton publicly blame others for their own poor play and mistakes?
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Fan Shout
dfosterf (5h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (12h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (13h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (14h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (17h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (19h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (19h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (19h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (19h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (19h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (19h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (19h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (19h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (19h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (20h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (20h) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (20h) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (20h) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

18h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.