nerdmann
8 years ago

Millertime...I don't see how the coaches didn't have the TEAM prepared. One aspect sucked today, the passing game. As you noted, virtually the rest of the team was fine
170some yards rushing, gave up 17 points and you lose?

I don't buy the davante ankle injury plaguing him, zero. If you said it was his broken wrist or broken grey matter between the ears, ok, then I'd agree with you.

Originally Posted by: musccy 

Eddie had, what 6.2 per carry? Starks had 5.6? But by all means, abandon the run and start passing, because that's so much more reliable. 👎
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Zero2Cool
8 years ago

He did get knocked off his route! Those plays use to be our bread and butter

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

Yep, and I said, we knew it was not on Aaron.

He just said that he and the receivers need to work more to get on the same page. He's right. The lack of chemistry is making them and he look bad.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
8 years ago

I think Davante Adams ankle is still bothering him and he's not going 100%. Give his snaps to Ty Montgomery (who hopefully is healthy, offense hasn't been the same without him) and Jeff Janis.

Rodgers just said the interception was on time, but Davante ran into the Safety and Porter got a "gift interception there". Of course, it wasn't your fault Aaron, thank you for clearing that up.

Wait, hold the show! Coach is mad as hell and he IS going to keep taking it!!

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Fuck Mike McCarthy.

His teams have been shitting themselves for 2 quarters of every game for a decade, culminating in what happened in Seattle last January. Obviously it's not something that he CAN do something about. Or maybe he is just unwilling.

How many chances is he going to get?
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
musccy
8 years ago

Yep, and I said, we knew it was not on Aaron.

He just said that he and the receivers need to work more to get on the same page. He's right. The lack of chemistry is making them and he look bad.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

...and how much more time do they neeed? This has been 6ish weeks of ineptitude? I don't dispute what you're saying, just lacking faith it'll be corrected.
nerdmann
8 years ago

...and how much more time do they neeed? This has been 6ish weeks of ineptitude? I don't dispute what you're saying, just lacking faith it'll be corrected.

This is something that has been going on for a long time. Mike's teams never show up for a full 60, but for a long time they would still win, so everyone just thought that 2 quarters of self shitting was ok.

This is what happens, when you don't "do the right thing, all the time."
DakotaT
8 years ago

Fuck Mike McCarthy.

His teams have been shitting themselves for 2 quarters of every game for a decade, culminating in what happened in Seattle last January. Obviously it's not something that he CAN do something about. Or maybe he is just unwilling.

How many chances is he going to get?

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

A coach that wins a Super Bowl and has the winning percentage Mike McCarthy has, gets a lot of latitude when things aren't going well. I wanted him fired after the Seattle debacle, but then most in here think I'm unreasonable.

You don't lose a game you dominated for 55 minutes and then blame it in on a rookie tight end. That scoreboard should have been lit up like a New Years eve in Time Square, and Seattle buried.
UserPostedImage
millertime
8 years ago

Millertime...I don't see how the coaches didn't have the TEAM prepared. One aspect sucked today, the passing game. As you noted, virtually the rest of the team was fine
170some yards rushing, gave up 17 points and you lose?

I don't buy the davante ankle injury plaguing him, zero. If you said it was his broken wrist or broken grey matter between the ears, ok, then I'd agree with you.

I agree one aspect was way off. the Packers dominated at least 85% of the plays. The 15% of plays we didn't dominate were the game changers ie. Missed snap, interception, Lacys fumble, the 3rd and longs we gave up, etc.
musccy
8 years ago

This is something that has been going on for a long time. Mike's teams never show up for a full 60, but for a long time they would still win, so everyone just thought that 2 quarters of self shitting was ok.

This is what happens, when you don't "do the right thing, all the time."

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

This isn't about "lulls" or not showing up for parts of the game. Something is systemically wrong with this passing game. The run game and even screens are working yet the receivers still can't get open or catch, and Aaron Rodgers is way off target.

77 yards in a game, struggling to break 50% completion % ... this is more than a lull.
Zero2Cool
8 years ago

You can have a 70.8% completion percentage when nearly all of your passes are 10 yards or less. Somehow, most of us fell into complacent comfort in that because they were winning. And when I posted my thoughts during that run that the Packers offense (Rodgers specifically) wasn't actually playing as great as the statistics said, I got blasted hard for it. THAT is when I lost faith in the Packers offense and then a week or two later they started losing. I haven't been emotionally invested in any game this season and won't until the playoffs. Normally I get really excited during Packers games. Sometimes good, sometimes bad, lol.

If Jeff Janis could step up and be SOMETHING, it would really help the Packers offense a lot. Ty Montgomery is also missed more than I think we want to admit.

Another thing I've chirped on numerous times since very early on is the lack of converting on third downs.

This isn't about "lulls" or not showing up for parts of the game. Something is systemically wrong with this passing game. The run game and even screens are working yet the receivers still can't get open or catch, and Aaron Rodgers is way off target.

77 yards in a game, struggling to break 50% completion % ... this is more than a lull.

Check it out, lol.
http://www.packershome.com/forum/posts/m329152-Packers-have-dull--boring-and-easily-predictable-route-tree#post329152 
UserPostedImage
steveishere
8 years ago
McCarthy can say whatever he wants in a press conference but until he actually changes something more substantial than which assistant coach is in the press box it means he thinks everything is fine. The offense was stale and weak back when we played SF and has been sub par almost every week since then but they've done nothing new. This isn't going to get fixed because Mike will never let go of his staff no matter how bad they are until they fail for several years in a row.

The offense has seriously looks like they fired everyone and brought Bob Sanders in to coordinate and he just said every play WRs just run out there and try to get open, Aaron run around no matter how clean the pocket is and find someone to throw to.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (6h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (13h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (14h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (15h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (18h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (20h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (21h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (21h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (21h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (21h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (21h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (21h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (21h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (21h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (21h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (21h) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (21h) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (22h) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

19h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.