texaspackerbacker
8 years ago
If the Packers got even 1/10 of the quality of pass blocking that either New England or Denver gets - wet surface, dry surface whatever. I'd love it if we got 1/10 the quality of pass blocking of the Bears or Lions or Texans or Seahawks or Steelers or basically ANY other team gets.

Ditto that for run blocking.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
beast
8 years ago

If the Packers got even 1/10 of the quality of pass blocking that either New England or Denver gets - wet surface, dry surface whatever. I'd love it if we got 1/10 the quality of pass blocking of the Bears or Lions or Texans or Seahawks or Steelers or basically ANY other team gets.

Ditto that for run blocking.

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

Still blaming everything on the OL no matter what? Even if it was clearly not the OL fault?

OL has done a pretty good job in recent weeks... as other parts of the passing game have struggled. But I'm sure you'll keep ignoring that and blame the OL still... no matter how much the WRs struggle to catch balls that hitting their hands.

UserPostedImage
yooperfan
8 years ago
The question is, even if they became a brick wall, would Rodgers quit dancing and spinning in the pocket like he has ants in his pants?
steveishere
8 years ago
Tom Brady averages throwing the ball in less than 2.5 seconds I think. I'd bet Aaron is easily over 3. New England could have 5 Marshall Newhouses and teams would still hardly get to Brady. Rodgers has got to be one of the hardest QBs ever to block for but the tradeoff had been he'll make amazing plays, throw extremely accurate passes and put points on the board, not so much lately. If Rodgers released the ball at the top of his drop almost every time our line would look amazing too.
8 years ago
I'd love it if they gave Janis some playing time on offense, that guy has wheels and gets open
Zero2Cool
8 years ago

Tom Brady averages throwing the ball in less than 2.5 seconds I think. I'd bet Aaron is easily over 3. New England could have 5 Marshall Newhouses and teams would still hardly get to Brady. Rodgers has got to be one of the hardest QBs ever to block for but the tradeoff had been he'll make amazing plays, throw extremely accurate passes and put points on the board, not so much lately. If Rodgers released the ball at the top of his drop almost every time our line would look amazing too.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

You sir would win lots of money on that bet. I routinely count "1, 2, 3 OUT" and a good deal of time, Mr. Rodgers is still doing his happy feet routine. A good deal of quarterbacks I've watched have the ball out or start scrambling.

Rodgers will get there, he has some time. That fast start afforded a major hiccup during the middle part of the season.
UserPostedImage
texaspackerbacker
8 years ago
You guys that think it is not primarily the O Line, do you even watch other teams' games?

Some pretty mediocre QBs have great success throwing to some pretty mediocre receivers just because they have the luxury to be able to drop back, scan the field from the pocket, plant their feet, throw and follow through. You guys that want to blame Aaron Rodgers, do you really think that sort of thing is remotely possible more than 5 or 10% of the time with the Packers? Even before the losses, he had to run for his life virtually on every pass play - are you guys really blind to that? Do you seriously think he throws without setting up or whatever out of choice?

Somebody said start Janis - hell yeah! One reason we got away with our passing game before was they had to cover deep - like against Pittsburgh which supposedly has the fastest receiver group in the NFL. Even having a speed guy or two wouldn't work without at least a little bit of pass protection. Rodgers used to be able to escape outside and then throw, but Denver exposed that and kept him inside; Other teams have copied that - and then they collapse the pocket up the middle, all with only 3 or 4 pass rushers most of the time. That rarely happens with other teams.

The improvement last game was in run blocking, but it was short-lived. What we saw with Lacy and Starks early in the game was no more than the blocking most teams routinely get most of the time - we are thinking wow, that's really great because we got holes opened up half a dozen or so times, but then when the chips were down, same ol' same ol' - Lacy stacked up before he could even take a step.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
nerdmann
8 years ago

The question is, even if they became a brick wall, would Rodgers quit dancing and spinning in the pocket like he has ants in his pants?

Originally Posted by: yooperfan 

This is an OL built for pass blocking, so run blocking is secondary to them. Yet the RBs were getting 6.2 and 5.4 per carry when the run game was abandoned this past week.

How about we try getting the ball out in under 8 seconds?
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
steveishere
8 years ago

You guys that think it is not primarily the O Line, do you even watch other teams' games?

Some pretty mediocre QBs have great success throwing to some pretty mediocre receivers just because they have the luxury to be able to drop back, scan the field from the pocket, plant their feet, throw and follow through. You guys that want to blame Aaron Rodgers, do you really think that sort of thing is remotely possible more than 5 or 10% of the time with the Packers? Even before the losses, he had to run for his life virtually on every pass play - are you guys really blind to that? Do you seriously think he throws without setting up or whatever out of choice?

Somebody said start Janis - hell yeah! One reason we got away with our passing game before was they had to cover deep - like against Pittsburgh which supposedly has the fastest receiver group in the NFL. Even having a speed guy or two wouldn't work without at least a little bit of pass protection. Rodgers used to be able to escape outside and then throw, but Denver exposed that and kept him inside; Other teams have copied that - and then they collapse the pocket up the middle, all with only 3 or 4 pass rushers most of the time. That rarely happens with other teams.

The improvement last game was in run blocking, but it was short-lived. What we saw with Lacy and Starks early in the game was no more than the blocking most teams routinely get most of the time - we are thinking wow, that's really great because we got holes opened up half a dozen or so times, but then when the chips were down, same ol' same ol' - Lacy stacked up before he could even take a step.

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

He doesn't HAVE to run for his life on virtually every play he chooses to. If the ball is still in his hand after about 3 seconds then it's on him, no one should expect the line to consistently block longer than that. He's been running and dancing out of clean pockets game after game during this slump. It's a huge problem. It's been such a problem that a lot of teams aren't even going after him they are rushing just to keep him in the pocket because he's been panicking and running himself into pressure or throwing bad passes so often.
DakotaT
8 years ago

He doesn't HAVE to run for his life on virtually every play he chooses to. If the ball is still in his hand after about 3 seconds then it's on him, no one should expect the line to consistently block longer than that. He's been running and dancing out of clean pockets game after game during this slump. It's a huge problem. It's been such a problem that a lot of teams aren't even going after him they are rushing just to keep him in the pocket because he's been panicking and running himself into pressure or throwing bad passes so often.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

Is his first read getting open?
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (34m) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (47m) : Yes
Zero2Cool (1h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (4h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (4h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (7h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (8h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (18h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
36m / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.