Passing Offense = 7th
Rushing Offense = 32nd

Total Defense = 18th
Passing Defense = 16th
Rushing Defense = 22nd

Points For = 20.9 (26th)
Points Against = 26.2 (28th)[/list]
UserPostedImage
Delivering the latest and most important updates on the Green Bay Packers for your convenience.
UserPostedImage
yooperfan
8 years ago
So, just line em up and run the damn ball.
Presto, victory!
TheKanataThrilla
8 years ago
No confidence in the team at this point. Detroit had an impressive win against Philly so hopefully they suffer a letdown. Not bloody likely against a division rival, but we need all the help we can get at this point.
Zero2Cool
8 years ago
Packers offense is 23rd (35.8%) in 3rd down conversions
Packers defense is 14th (38.7%) in 3rd down conversions

The Packers are 6th in defense? When 26 teams are giving up more points than you, how the hell do you lose four games?
UserPostedImage
DarkaneRules
8 years ago
It's always something eh? Every season tells a different story.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
luigis
8 years ago
Stafford and Calvin Johnson are having a great time. Who will cover Megatron? Shields is a good CB but he's never been good against Calvin. Micah Hyde is probably returning, that's a good thing for Detroit TEs so Ebron and Pettigrew will have a good game.
I expect Mike to run Lacy a lot up the middle, then when the Lions start to stop him we'll start throwing incomplete passes to where the WRs are supposed to be.
Detroit has no running game so we'll defend with 10 plus Morgan Burnett watching plays from a safe distance. Ha Ha will have a lot of work, he might rebound or be benched for Chris Banjo. Nate Palmer will not know what to do but it doesn't matter, the line will pressure Stafford and Stafford will be forced to throw to Megatron for a completion.

This will be a very close game.

Packers 31 Detroit 27

Luis
RainX
8 years ago
Until the offense wakes up, I really have no real confidence on this team winning more than 10 games this season, and going 3-2 in the last 5 is being optimistic with how poorly they've played. I suppose the silver lining in all this is none of our recent losses have been more than by one score other than the Denver game. Both the Chicago and Detroit losses were failure of execution in the final minute. That's the difference between 7-4 and 9-2 right now. 10-6 is a borderline wild card team right now and this team will be lucky to make the divisional round if they even make the playoffs as a WC the way they're playing.

They still control their own destiny when it comes to the division, but this team is going to have to wake up in a hurry. You hate to think this season is a lost cause, but the only reason they're still in the playoff hunt is because of the 6-0 start. We'll see what the last 5 games brings, but right now, even making the playoffs, I don't see this team going on the road and beating either Carolina or Arizona in the divisional round unless things turn around in a hurry. If they can't beat an inconsistent Detroit team on the road, they don't deserve to win the division let alone make the playoffs imo.
blank
Yerko
8 years ago
I really do not know what to think of this team at this point. You'd think losing to the two bottom teams in the division AT HOME would bring on some kind of change...any kind of change. Due to zero accountability and stubbornness across the board, I see a lot of struggles on Thursday night.

I usually don't get down on this team but I am finding it difficult to find any sort of positive thoughts for this team when the same jargon is being talked about after a crappy effort and loss and the very next week they carry out the same game plan.

I won't make a losing score prediction but I am not going to be surprised if they do lose and afterwards we hear the same story. If they win, good for them. They should be beating these kinds of teams.
UserPostedImage
beast
8 years ago

Packers offense is 23rd (35.8%) in 3rd down conversions
Packers defense is 14th (38.7%) in 3rd down conversions

The Packers are 6th in defense? When 26 teams are giving up more points than you, how the hell do you lose four games?

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

By scoring less than 20 points in 4 games... (would be 5 games if not for a pick-six against the Rams). So in 45.45% of games, the offense and STs are combining for less than 20 points.

Basically the offense is failing to put drives together and failing to get in FG range more often than not in a number of games.
UserPostedImage
steveishere
8 years ago
Unless the offense finds some sign of life I don't think this team wins 3 more games. Based on the last 8 weeks without much improvement or change I don't know how that even happens. I think Detroit will win this one comfortably, their offense is starting to roll it seems. Maybe we'll make it close in the 4th quarter as usual but it's still probably an L.
Users browsing this topic
    Fan Shout
    Zero2Cool (7h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
    Zero2Cool (7h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
    wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
    Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
    wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
    Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
    Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
    Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
    wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
    Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
    Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
    Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
    Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
    Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
    Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
    Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
    Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
    wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
    wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
    wpr (17-Mar) : INI
    wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
    Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
    Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
    Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
    Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
    dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
    Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
    Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
    dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
    dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
    dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
    dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
    dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
    Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
    Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
    Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
    Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
    Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
    dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
    dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
    Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
    Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
    Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
    Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
    Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
    Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
    Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
    dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
    Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
    Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
    Please sign in to use Fan Shout
    2023 Packers Schedule
    Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
    Bears
    Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
    Falcons
    Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
    SAINTS
    Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
    LIONS
    Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
    Raiders
    Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
    Broncos
    Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
    VIKINGS
    Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
    RAMS
    Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
    Steelers
    Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
    CHARGERS
    Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
    Lions
    Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
    CHIEFS
    Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
    Giants
    Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
    BUCCANEERS
    Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
    Panthers
    Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
    Vikings
    Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
    BEARS
    Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
    Cowboys
    Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
    49ers
    Recent Topics
    3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
    Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.