Zero2Cool
8 years ago
Mike McCarthy says "The style points, you can flush that. I’m sick of talking of the negativity that goes on here. We won 10 games. We lost three games, but that’s the game. Denver beat us. That’s the overview of the season. We have a chance to win 11 next week.” and that has to make everyone curious. Sounds like according to the coach, the Packers control the outcome of every game. I'm willing to bet the Lions feel they lost the game far more than the Packers won that last meeting. Hell, the Raiders put themselves 14 in the hole and lost by just 10 so the Raiders could easily say they lost the game too.

Semantics, yes, but I think it's telling that our coach seems to be grappling for excuses instead of solutions.

Also, as I've mentioned a few times over the years that there appears to be some kind of rift between McCarthy and Aaron Rodgers and with the radical changes to the coaching structure recently, I wonder if it's time to clean house from Ted Thompson down the line?

Eliot Wolf is quite (traditionally speaking) young or a General Manager position, but he has some one helluva resume and I wouldn't want him landing with the Lions who according to report(s) has been brought up. I think Wolf would not be afraid to make calculated risks in free agency that could help put this team over the top and hire a staff that caters to Rodgers talents and good lord hire a defensive coordinator that can use Clay Matthews on the edge and bring in a true middle linebacker.

I really liked what I seen out of the Cardinals offense with the shots down the field. I would like to see a 40+ aerial bomb three or four times a game just to keep defenses aware that it might happen.

Update: Ron Wolf, a Hall of Fame GM, once told Peter King  he’d be happy if he could hit .333 in the draft … meaning one of three players he picked would be a direct hit.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
8 years ago

Mike McCarthy says "The style points, you can flush that. I’m sick of talking of the negativity that goes on here. We won 10 games. We lost three games, but that’s the game. Denver beat us. That’s the overview of the season. We have a chance to win 11 next week.” and that has to make everyone curious. Sounds like according to the coach, the Packers control the outcome of every game. I'm willing to bet the Lions feel they lost the game far more than the Packers won that last meeting. Hell, the Raiders put themselves 14 in the hole and lost by just 10 so the Raiders could easily say they lost the game too.

Semantics, yes, but I think it's telling that our coach seems to be grappling for excuses instead of solutions.

Also, as I've mentioned a few times over the years that there appears to be some kind of rift between McCarthy and Aaron Rodgers and with the radical changes to the coaching structure recently, I wonder if it's time to clean house from Ted Thompson down the line?

Eliot Wolf is quite (traditionally speaking) young or a General Manager position, but he has some one helluva resume and I wouldn't want him landing with the Lions who according to report(s) has been brought up. I think Wolf would not be afraid to make calculated risks in free agency that could help put this team over the top and hire a staff that caters to Rodgers talents and good lord hire a defensive coordinator that can use Clay Matthews on the edge and bring in a true middle linebacker.

I really liked what I seen out of the Cardinals offense with the shots down the field. I would like to see a 40+ aerial bomb three or four times a game just to keep defenses aware that it might happen.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Agree about the rift, but I think I'd take Mike over Aaron.

Did anyone else think Aaron purposely rocketed the ball thru Janis's hands?

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
musccy
8 years ago
Yikes, a lot to comment on.

With CM3, of course he belongs outside, but that means Nate Palmer is starting. This isn't Capers' fault. Ted has be woeful at restocking the MLB for years.

Now before we go on a Ted rant, and clearly the WRs are a letdown, who honestly saw this coming? I feel this year has been a perfect storm. You lose Jordy, then people you need to step up like Lacy (gets fat), Davante (becomes mental midget), Abby (hurt much of offseason), Monty...we could go on, you get my point. Its been Murphy's Law.

As for blowing up the ship, this team is 10-4. Few in here are happy, and for good reason, but good Lord, to say we blow everything up because we're winning ugly is asinine.

As far as Nerd's point about Janis - I still think he's a lost puppy out there, but you're not the only person I've heard suggest that. Still should have caught it, but Aaron brought a howitzer to a knife fight on that pass.
Zero2Cool
8 years ago

Yikes, a lot to comment on.

With CM3, of course he belongs outside, but that means Nate Palmer is starting. This isn't Capers' fault. Ted has be woeful at restocking the MLB for years.

Now before we go on a Ted rant, and clearly the WRs are a letdown, who honestly saw this coming? I feel this year has been a perfect storm. You lose Jordy, then people you need to step up like Lacy (gets fat), Davante (becomes mental midget), Abby (hurt much of offseason), Monty...we could go on, you get my point. Its been Murphy's Law.

As for blowing up the ship, this team is 10-4. Few in here are happy, and for good reason, but good Lord, to say we blow everything up because we're winning ugly is asinine.

As far as Nerd's point about Janis - I still think he's a lost puppy out there, but you're not the only person I've heard suggest that. Still should have caught it, but Aaron brought a howitzer to a knife fight on that pass.

Originally Posted by: musccy 

I don't think it's asinine at all to wonder about something, not at all. If I Mark Murphy said "Kevin, Ted and Company's fate is in your hands, make a decision ... NOW!". I would not blow things up, but I'm a wondering kinda guy. I like to think of other ideas, other thoughts rather than be some clown who has a boxed bias with no objectivity. (Barry Sanders excluded, lol)

Something else I wonder about is, do the Packers have too many chiefs on the coaching staff?

I think it's obvious every Packers fan is happy about getting the wins. I do think quite a few are a little concerned that if the offense doesn't get things into gear, it's going to be a short post-season experience. You couple that with the high expectations entering the season, yeah, it's obvious why PASSIONATE fans are pissed off.

Failure to acquire ILB talent, or failure to develop ILB talent? How can justifiably point to one over the other? Cardinals took a Safety and made him their ILB which is what I think Packers were similarly wanting to do with Sean Richardson.

The Chargers blew things up after going 14 - 2 and it worked out grrrreeeaaat!! (sarcasm)

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (19h) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (20h) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (23h) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

21-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.