• Select Member Topic Starter
15 years ago
PackersHome name: IronMan
Real Name (first only): David
Current City: Springfield, MO
Hometown: Sweet Springs, MO

1) How did you choose your screen name?

Two reasons for my screen name.

1: Brett Favre is my favorite athlete of all time.
2: I have never called in sick to work in my life, for ANY reason. My thinking is, if I can walk, I can go to work.

2) Could you tell us a little about where you grew up and about your family?

My Dad was in the Army and we moved quite a few times. I think I went to 10 different schools on 12 years. We lived in Missouri, Oklahoma, Alabama, Texas, and Germany. In Germany, we were stationed at Bad Kissingen. It is no longer a military base, and has not been since the reunification of Germany in 1993. We lived there from 1982-1986. I enjoyed it there and I really miss the currywurst and bratwurst stands they would have on just about every street corner. Yummy!

We lived in El Paso, TX in the late 80s and moved to Springfield, MO in 1990, and I haved lived in this area ever since.

I have an older sister. She is 33.

3) Did you play in any sports or where you involved with any High School clubs and such?

I never tried out for the school team, but I played basketball just about every day when I was in Jr. High/Highscool.

4) What is your fondest memory of your teenage years?

When I first got my drivers liscense, and driving to St Louis to watch the Cardinals. My friends and I went to to several games when I was 16-20. The first game I went to, Big Hittin' Mark Whiten hit a 472 foot home run, and John Franco walked in the tying and winning runs. I remember screaming in celebration, and all my friends looking at me like I was crazy.

Also, just hanging out, and playing basketball with friends. Good times.

5) What was your first job?

Shoveling gravel with my Dad when I was 12, for 5 dollars a load. I attribute my good work ethic to my Dad. When I hit the work force, I was ready for any hard work anyone wanted to throw at me.

6) What lead to your dedicated following of the Packers?

Brett Favre. Up until the last few years, I always saw myself as more of a Favre fan than a Packers fan. But after I got to visit Green Bay, and enjoy the Lambeau experience, there was no going back. There is absolutely no other team I would rather root for.

I have been to Lambeau four times, and I tear up each time. It is only February, and I cannot wait to go back. My only goal for the next 7 months, is to work as much overtime as I possibly can, so I can go to a few more games this year.

7) Could you tell us one of your favorite memories of the Packers?

The Colts game last season. Most fun I have ever had in my life.
This was my second game at Lambeau. At my first game the year before, I was too concerned about how much money I spent, how much I ate, etc. As a result, I didn't really enjoy the experience as much as I should have. This time I did not hold back. My goal was to have fun, and by Jennings thats what I did. It helped that the Packers had one of their best games of the season. The weather was perfect as well. After the game I called just about everyone I knew, telling them how awesome it was.

And really, all three games I went to last year were awesome. On one of the tours I did, I got to see Charles Woodson coming out of the locker room, and I got a picture of him waving at me. Awesome! I won an autographed A.J. Hawk photo at the Larry McCarren show. And at the Detroit game, I got to meet a friend that was attending his first ever game at Lambeau. I think I was as exited for him as he was for himself.

8 ) How did you find the PackersHome and what keeps you active on the site?

Found it through another forum. I enjoy it because of the people.

9) What other sports teams do you follow?

The St. Louis Cardinals, Springfield Cardinals(St Louis' double a team), Missouri St. Bears, and the UTEP Miners.

10) When youre not on PackersHome what could you likely be found doing with your spare time?

Browsing other Packers forums, playing guitar.

11) If you could have one moment being part of the Packer organization, what would it be?

It will never happen, but...I would like to look up at myself on the jumbo tron, while I ran in the game winning TD in the Super Bowl with no time left on the clock. WOW that would be awesome.

12) How many trips have you made to Lambeau?

13) What is your worst fear?

Going broke. About 6 years ago, the company I was working for went out of business and I was pretty much down to nothing. It was a horrible feeling having to borrow money just to pay my rent. I quickly rebounded and decided that I was never going to let that happen again.

14) What type of hobbies do you enjoy?

Playing guitar, browsing the web, sleeping. (Yeah, I'm pretty boring.)

15) Whats your favorite food?

Fried potatoes at Lamberts Cafe. Freaking heaven.

16) Where are some of the places youve been, and where are some of your favorites.

See #2.

17) What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet in your lifetime?

Attend the Super Bowl and watch the Packers win.

18) If you could live anywhere where would it be?

I haven't given this much thought. I am pretty happy where I am.

19) Name your favorite 5 Packers all time and explain the reason for one of them.

1. Brett Favre. My favorite athlete of all time. Mainly because of his streak.
2. Greg Jennings. Classy guy, doesn't celebrate too much when he scores a touchdown, and just an over all cool dude.
3. Donald Driver.
4. Charles Woodson.
5. Reggie White.

20) Up to this date, what is you favorite PackersHome feature or memory?

When everyone had to change their sigs/avatars purple. While it pained me to see so much purple at a Packers site, it was also pretty entertaining.

21) PM and post the next person to be interviewed.

Packerchick.

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Pack93z
  • Pack93z
15 years ago
Thanks IM.

Good read.. I too fear not having enough coin.. I didn't have to shovel gravel. growing up on a farm, gravel would have been preferred. :lol:
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Rockmolder
15 years ago
Great interview. Glad you kept it going, Pack.

You seem like the most regular guy on the forum, and that's a compliment, really. Although I still think you look slightly like Duane from American Hotrod. 😛
vikesrule
15 years ago
Good read [strike]MFF[/strike], [strike]IM,[/strike] David!

Over the past few years it has been my pleasure to get to know you a little better.

You are a good man, with good values (except for the obvious cheesehead issue ::razz: ).

I have never been to Lambeau Field, but it would be a distinct honor to sit next to you there while we watch the Vikings spank the Packers.
4PackGirl
15 years ago
nice job, im. great getting to know you better & makes me realize that there ARE "normal" people left in the world. 😉
Pack93z
  • Pack93z
15 years ago
Hey IM.. what tunes can you play upon the guitar?

I picked up the habit in college.. learned how to play stairway and a few metallica rips.. got bored of it and haven't pick one up since.
Cheesey
15 years ago
GREAT read David!
It was GREAT getting to meet you the one time. To me, that makes talking on here that much better. Actually KNOWING who you are talking to.
UserPostedImage
IronMan
15 years ago

Hey IM.. what tunes can you play upon the guitar?

I picked up the habit in college.. learned how to play stairway and a few metallica rips.. got bored of it and haven't pick one up since.

"pack93z" wrote:

Here are a few:

Patience 

Sounds of Silence 

Moonshadow 
Cheesey
15 years ago
"Moonshadow"..........one of my favorite Cat Stevens songs!
Good job!
UserPostedImage
CDNRodgersfan
15 years ago
Good read. Ironman is one of the top posters on these boards
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (1h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (2h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (5h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (6h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (16h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (23h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.