buckeyepackfan
8 years ago

Mike McCarthy, Aaron Rodgers, Tom Clements and everyone else associated with the Green Bay Packers’ passing game through 14 games have failed. Ted Thompson and his personnel people have failed, too.

Continue Reading @ JSOnline 

JSOnline wrote:

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
yooperfan
8 years ago
"Smoke" and "Fire".
Sounds like a recipe for disaster.
I sure hope not!
steveishere
8 years ago
I bet Arians could find ways to make Abby and Janis work instead of just demanding they fit into an offense meant for jordy Nelson and instead rot on the bench even if the current starters are completely ineffective for weeks straight
Zero2Cool
8 years ago

I bet Arians could find ways to make Abby and Janis work instead of just demanding they fit into an offense meant for jordy Nelson and instead rot on the bench even if the current starters are completely ineffective for weeks straight

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

Abberderris is being used and Jeff Janis has proven he cannot catch. Can Bruce Arians teach Janis how to catch? I think moving Edgar Bennett away from wide receivers was a mistake. That group did great under his watch with minimizing drops and ran better routes. Having a former quarterback teaching quarterbacks AND wide receivers I feel is spreading minimal knowledge too thin.
UserPostedImage
steveishere
8 years ago

Abberderris is being used and Jeff Janis has proven he cannot catch. Can Bruce Arians teach Janis how to catch? I think moving Edgar Bennett away from wide receivers was a mistake. That group did great under his watch with minimizing drops and ran better routes. Having a former quarterback teaching quarterbacks AND wide receivers I feel is spreading minimal knowledge too thin.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

They have both continually gotten like 1-10 snaps a game even with Jones and Adams having horrible production as boundary WRs. Janis hasn't proven he can't catch he hasn't gotten an opportunity. The only one who has proven they can't catch in any actual games this year is Adams, yet he's still getting thrown out there 90% of the plays. Meanwhile Jones is good for about 1 nice play a game on 50-60 snaps. Even if Abby and Janis haven't proven themselves or "earned a shot" Adams and Jones hell even Cobb have all earned some more bench time.

This offense sucks every week, it has sucked all year yet we keep just seeing the same players being thrown out there in the same offense week after week. The only offense we've had since like week 3 is Lacy/Starks going off or the other team getting enough penalties to help us get near the end zone. We cannot pass the ball effectively with Jones/Adams/Cobb, that's been pretty well established this year. Gotta get some other guys in there.

Also not to get too far off track this team may be slow footed on offense but the secondary isn't slow at all and that's where the speed issue vs Arizona should come into play. Moreso with Shields out but Randall can run with fast guys and Rollins hasn't really been burned this year.
nerdmann
8 years ago
Sick of hearing this bullshit about how slow these guys are.

Cobb is FASTER than Nelson. The rest are right on par with him.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Zero2Cool
8 years ago

They have both continually gotten like 1-10 snaps a game even with Jones and Adams having horrible production as boundary WRs. Janis hasn't proven he can't catch he hasn't gotten an opportunity. The only one who has proven they can't catch in any actual games this year is Adams, yet he's still getting thrown out there 90% of the plays. Meanwhile Jones is good for about 1 nice play a game on 50-60 snaps. Even if Abby and Janis haven't proven themselves or "earned a shot" Adams and Jones hell even Cobb have all earned some more bench time.

This offense sucks every week, it has sucked all year yet we keep just seeing the same players being thrown out there in the same offense week after week. The only offense we've had since like week 3 is Lacy/Starks going off or the other team getting enough penalties to help us get near the end zone. We cannot pass the ball effectively with Jones/Adams/Cobb, that's been pretty well established this year. Gotta get some other guys in there.

Also not to get too far off track this team may be slow footed on offense but the secondary isn't slow at all and that's where the speed issue vs Arizona should come into play. Moreso with Shields out but Randall can run with fast guys and Rollins hasn't really been burned this year.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

I would like Abberderris to take over the WR2 spot over Davante Adams and that is going to happen. Adams was not benched because he showed a lot last season and was deemed the MVP of the offseason. You don't just dump on a guy like that, that's bogus. You have to give him every opportunity to come through. I believe he's had that, and then some and now it's put up or shut up time. That's why I believe we will see more Abberderris than Adams.

Jeff Janis cannot catch while his legs are moving away from the quarterback, so it seems. If I were him, I'd be playing catch with a quarterback nonstop until I finally got the hang of it. Playing catch as in catching over my shoulder.

Abberderris was also hurt and that needs to be understood when blasting Packers for not giving him more snaps. The guy still has some hurting ribs so they have to be smart with him, which they are.

UserPostedImage
DarkaneRules
8 years ago
Cardinals may be your super bowl winners everybody.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Zero2Cool
8 years ago
Watched several games Sunday and noticed that almost every team has a player on offense that is very fast and dangerous. The Packers I don't think have that on offense at RB or WR. Do they?
UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
8 years ago
Is the team drastically slower than when they won the SB? Or went to NFC Championship?

The primary problem is teams have figured out McCarty's offense and how to defend it, and McCarthy hasn't figured out how to change to fool the defenses. The offense has been hanging on for this season and last through broken plays not scheme. Watch game after game and you see the same thing from the offense. Sideline routes especially back shoulder. Routes that are 10+ yards deep, and TE releases to the sideline. The don't run quick hitters except for Bubble screens.

There is no excuse for 8 sacks. If your Oline is having trouble, you change play calling to help them. Atleast other teams do. McCarthy doesn't and has even said so at times simply expecting our players to beat the guy lined up across from them. When they are pass rushing that hard, you have to call plays with routes that develop in less time and we were not. McCarthy seems to have developed an allergy to slants the last few years. They are the best route when the pass rush is getting home as quick as it was. And it also makes the defense protect the middle of the field within 5 yards.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Fan Shout
dfosterf (2h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (2h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (3h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (6h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (6h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (9h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (10h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (20h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.