TheKanataThrilla
8 years ago

If we ditch Mike, it sets a bad precedent.

That sends the message that Aaron can have his boss fired, and all he has to do is sand bag the offense and refuse to play in the system, like a petulant child. Is that the message you want to put out there to the rank and file?

What sort of quality coach are you gonna find who would take a job in that scenario?

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

It is much easier to find another coach than another MVP QB. Heck if there are so many teams that want a Mike McCarthy as a coach we can trade him and bring in somebody else who may be able to get Aaron Rodgers back on the right page.
musccy
8 years ago

No Musscy, Yooper is right! If Mike McCarthy has lost the team; he' gotta go. Not sure he has yet; but it is getting very very close.

Every aspect was bad? It was 10-0, 1 minute left in half, we had ball at 15 and we're getting ball to start 2nd half. I wonder if you and I were watching the same game.

I saw 52 guys come out FIRED up and brilliantly prepared. Take away Capers' idiotic thinking that Ryan could cover Johnson and the D was brilliant; not Packer '66 brilliant; but playing as well as they can. When an O is bad; typically a successful fake punt or INT at 15 stokes the O. How do you think the second half would have gone; If Aaron Rodgers hits the TD or just doesn't get STUPID and it's 10-3 at halftime?

The INT, took the wind from the team's sails and the Starks fumbles trying to do too much was like taking an axe to the main sail; then the entire team gave up.

Focus on the 1st Q of games if you want to see the problem; you can see the plays that have been practiced over and over or scripted. One was a 3rd and 5, Lacy runs on 2nd, all 11 guys jump to Line and are ready to go. AZ is 100% lost, Aaron Rodgers has a quick arrow route set up to Adams on right; but Aaron Rodgers spends a half an hour setting the protections and changing the protections as AZ is milling around lost. If Aaron Rodgers goes to line and snaps the ball, there'd be no pressure, several guys will be open. Aaron Rodgers takes his time, AZ gets set, an opportunity is lost, but maybe Aaron Rodgers needed the time. But then like Sanchez on his worst day, Aaron Rodgers sails the ball over the head of a wide OPEN Adams-wait I thought the receivers were always covered? 😂 I just cant imagine why ANYONE would parrot such a lie.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

The team had 70 yards of offense in the first half...are YOU watching the same game I am? I commented on Aaron Rodgers in another thread, that Davante play you referenced and the end zone td...bad stuff, i agree. Before we get all gaga for how close we could have been, again, 70 damn yards in the 1st half. Aaron Rodgers not throwing that int so its 10-3 would have merely been lipstick on a pig. When in the game did the offense show it could protect or move the ball if not gifted garbage time leniency or a 15 yard field to operate with?

Abby's first target and Adams in the endzone yet again highlighted one of the bigger culprits. Even IF they get open, they can't catch. RRodg gets tackled by grass. What viable weapons does this offense have?
civic
8 years ago
I liked the way the Packers played the first quarter and a half. The game was close and the Packers were patient and winning the field position game.
The defence made a play and were frustrating a potent Cardinals offense.

And then a meltdown.

Whose meltdown? I don't know.

This team in the past would jump out to a big lead. They would let a team back into it. Then come roaring back and win going away. The offense doesn't have the horses for that anymore.

Instead of taking the three points in the second quarter and staying with the patient game plan, everything starts to become hurried and crazily rushed like it's the end of the fourth quarter. The Raiders game gave me hope that the Packers were learning to win a different way. Staying with the run and getting physical. That is the game plan needed for this teams current personnel.

We all saw what happened. Some kind of frenzy took hold and guys pressed and didn't execute.

Is this because of a rogue QB or a coach who can't control his play calling and the emotions of his team? I don't know.

Something has to change or it is one and done.

blank
nerdmann
8 years ago

It is much easier to find another coach than another MVP QB. Heck if there are so many teams that want a Mike McCarthy as a coach we can trade him and bring in somebody else who may be able to get Aaron Rodgers back on the right page.

Originally Posted by: TheKanataThrilla 

How hard is it to find a former MVP who refuses to get with the program and so repeatedly shits himself?
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Yerko
8 years ago
I can't believe I read an entire two pages of reasons to trade Aaron Rodgers. Kudos to the one guy (voiceofreason) debating it but really, it is a waste of time.

Do any of you watch other teams around the league with consistently bad quarterback play season after season?

Let's just trade a future HoF quarterback for a 4th round pick...holy 🤬.

Mike McCarthy gets up at the podium and has the same excuses after losing. He is supposed to be an offensive genius, yet week after week we see the same flaws in his game plans. Where is the McCarthy that had a ridiculous game plan against NE in '14?

- No help on pass protection for struggling tackles. This was one huge issue that McCarthy had ignored for a majority of the game. The Packers were playing with two back up tackles and were getting manhandled.

- Consistently predictable play calling. 3rd and 1? Shotgun or pistol formation toss or outside run with a bruiser RB. For once, they actually converted. Now that is was successful once out of 99 times, it will continue to be called in the same scenario.

- Refusal to change the game plan. With the Packers offensive line being as terrible as it was and giving Rodgers zero time to drop back and read the defense, Mike McCarthy continues to call the same 10-15 yard routes mind you, against a pretty damn good secondary. Very little screens or short pass plays called against a defense that blitzed A LOT yesterday. When a screen play was called, it was a positive outcome AND scored a touchdown.

I can't even begin to jump on the fire McCarthy bandwagon. Packers fans seem pretty quick to jump to the conclusion of firing someone and hey, you do you. Everyone is entitled to their opinion (unless you want to trade Rodgers for a 4th round pick. Go play Madden).
While I think the "we are a 10 win team" and other cliche responses from McCarthy are redundant, annoying and sometimes unsettling, who the hell would you replace McCarthy with? What coaching candidates are out there RIGHT NOW that you would put in place of McCarthy?

I am frustrated with McCarthy, no doubt. But without some sort of idea as to who his successor would be and if that person would make this team that much better, I don't want to see the team fire a coach that has a consistent winning record and has made the playoffs 7 years in a row. Some fans would die to see even a sliver of that success.

And before anyone says it, I get it...this is the Packers...blah, blah, blah, we should be Super Bowl Champions every year blah, blah, blah.

UserPostedImage
steveishere
8 years ago
I didn't watch any of the pressers but apparently McCarthy said something like guys are going to have to start beating man coverage... I'd chalk it up to coachspeak but at this point we have to assume that's exactly how he feels. After about 12 games of the same guys not beating man coverage Mike thinks the best thing they can do is hope those same guys are going to suddenly be able to do it. Now I believe regardless of what he feels Aaron Rodgers has to just suck it up and get on board with the offense but I can see why he's having trouble. McCarthy is being a stubborn egotistical idiot.
steveishere
8 years ago
UserPostedImage

Packers coach McCarthy on the GB offense the last 2 months lol
dfosterf
8 years ago
No discussion about the shit sandwich (in comparison to the rest of the NFL) Ted gives Mike McCarthy annually in his refusal to fill holes with free agents, etc. I know of no other team that operates as we do as regards draft and develop ONLY.

To me, it feels like a recipe for acceptable performance, not one to produce a great team. I still say we are squandering the skills of an Aaron Rodgers and others because of this conservatism.

I'm hanging with Mike McCarthy because of my perception as regards the above. We go nowhere this year, yet again, btw. I saw that many weeks ago... you probably did also, deep down.

TheKanataThrilla
8 years ago
Well to be fair we tend to sign our own FA. People never seem to count that. We also signed JJ. Am I pissed that we have an OL in shambles and the ILB still seems sub-par? Yes, but what was available at what price to fix that? The WR issue is tough in that Nelson going down in preseason put us behind the 8 ball, then we were left with dealing with the fact that the rest of the corps is just not ready, injured, or were only really good because Nelson was the man.
PackFanWithTwins
8 years ago

No discussion about the shit sandwich (in comparison to the rest of the NFL) Ted gives Mike McCarthy annually in his refusal to fill holes with free agents, etc. I know of no other team that operates as we do as regards draft and develop ONLY.

To me, it feels like a recipe for acceptable performance, not one to produce a great team. I still say we are squandering the skills of an Aaron Rodgers and others because of this conservatism.

I'm hanging with Mike McCarthy because of my perception as regards the above. We go nowhere this year, yet again, btw. I saw that many weeks ago... you probably did also, deep down.

Originally Posted by: dfosterf 

What FA should ted have signed? And what would the signing cost the team and how would that spending impact the cap and ability to keep our own?
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!