steveishere
8 years ago

Token firing scape goats.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

Hard to consider them scape goats when they didn't really do a good job. Seems like deserved firings just like slocum last year who people kept calling a scape goat. They didn't get fired because someone just needed to be fired they got fired because they sucked
uffda udfa
8 years ago

Hard to consider them scape goats when they didn't really do a good job. Seems like deserved firings just like slocum last year who people kept calling a scape goat. They didn't get fired because someone just needed to be fired they got fired because they sucked

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

I think that might apply to Sam Gash...what an awful name...but Fontenot? He all of a sudden became sucky after all the years here? What are you supposed to do with the crop of TE's he's been fed over the recent years? Jerry should feel relieved to get out of an organization that gives him nothing but scrubs at the position.

Honestly, if this is the "big shakeup" I've seen cheerios skipped across the water that created more of an effect.

Would love to hear, specifically, if Dom is definitely returning as DC. Hoping he wishes to retire or gets fired if he doesn't want to.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

TheKanataThrilla
8 years ago
I am glad for a shake-up, but to me I question whether it is a RB coach's job to make sure that the star RB is in shape. With the TE coach, how do you bag on him with the dearth of talent at the position all season long? RR may have great hands, but has lead in his feet and no shake to his bake. Some might argue with the TD catches that we actually maximized RR potential this season.

Sometimes we underperfom due to player laziness and lack of talent. Coaching often can't fix that.
Zero2Cool
8 years ago
I would really like to see what Dom Capers can do with this secondary if provided an inside linebacker that is at least average-to-good. Maybe that's Sam Barrington?

I'm not sure who they bring on for Running Back or Tight End, but I'm thinking Wide Receiver gets split off and Luke Getsy will be their coach. He's had previous coaching experience of wide receivers in college.

Ideally, I want Edgar Bennett coaching the wide receivers again. It's not a stretch for him to keep his current offensive coordinator title and coach a position. Several teams (so I've heard) have this schema already. Bennett was exceptional at ball control fundamentals and the team did better with YAC and drops when coached receivers.
UserPostedImage
musccy
8 years ago

Would love to hear, specifically, if Dom is definitely returning as DC. Hoping he wishes to retire or gets fired if he doesn't want to.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

I don't understand why you want Dom gone so bad. Since Clay switched to ILB last year (I acknowledge that's not ideal but that's a personnel/Ted issue, not a Dom issue) you could argue the defense is what held the team together.

As for other shake ups, I don't get what the hell the role of Bennett and Clements are with Mike McCarthy calling plays now/again. Seems like a lot of cooks in a kitchen. Did anyone watch Edgar's press conference? I get he's being careful about what he says, but that may have been the most boring, useless press conference I've ever heard.
uffda udfa
8 years ago

I don't understand why you want Dom gone so bad. Since Clay switched to ILB last year (I acknowledge that's not ideal but that's a personnel/Ted issue, not a Dom issue) you could argue the defense is what held the team together.

As for other shake ups, I don't get what the hell the role of Bennett and Clements are with Mike McCarthy calling plays now/again. Seems like a lot of cooks in a kitchen. Did anyone watch Edgar's press conference? I get he's being careful about what he says, but that may have been the most boring, useless press conference I've ever heard.

Originally Posted by: musccy 

Why do I want Dom gone? Look at his track record and then look at the same exact thing happening in Green Bay. His scheme is good for a year, or two, then falls off a cliff.

He's an older guy. Defense, in particular, is about passion. Honestly, tell me you've ever seen anything from Dom Capers that is close to resembling passion? I would prefer a fiery coach for the DC position. Not some guy playing out the string on his career like Dom. Middle of our D has been terrible for years. If that ain't Dom then it's Ted Thompson and we all know it could never be his fault so it's gotta be Dom's.

For years our D has had the soft label...that is a reflection of the man in charge of it, again, he's not fiery and is of that same sick ilk like Ted Thompson with ZERO personality. Kevin Greene was fun here. He took a very very drab boring organization and put some much needed passion and color into it. That's football. One could cite Bill Belichick but that dude is not like he is in pressers with his players. Almost every thing about the Green Bay Packers publicly screams ho hum boredom. Put some passion in this franchise again. Finley was a clown but at least he was passionate and colorful. Get us some personality for the love of. We've all hashed out that this is ENTERTAINMENT and we are one of least entertaining groups going.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

DakotaT
8 years ago
James Campen still has a job? Has he taught run blocking yet? How man drive killing 3rd and short tries did we fail at this season? Yeah fire the rb coach who has a fat, lazy guy that lacks professionalism to keep his body in shape playing a kids game for money; and the tight end coach who was manned with camp fodder for player. Real good precedents set there Ted Thompson and MM.

Since 2011 this team has been epic failure year after year, and accountability begins at the top not position coaches. This shit reminds me of Donatell being fired after 4th and 26, when everybody knew we should run the ball on fourth and 2 to pick up the first instead of punting.

It's difficult watching things like this and not pointing the elephant in the room.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
8 years ago
And another thing, why don't the reporters ever call out all the in game gaffs of our coaching staff? It's kind of like the national theatre - we used to have journalists in this country, now we just have a bunch of lemmings following the agenda.

Sign of the times I guess. Why should we expect any of these glaring problems to ever be fixed with our team.
UserPostedImage
PackerTraxx
8 years ago
As mentioned it's never good to have someone lose their jobs, but such is the business. Other possible improvements, OL, LB, DL, coaches and Off Coordinator. Is Norv Turner an Asst. Head Coach? What about some of the HCs that are unemployed now? I think we need to make a couple more upgrades for fresh blood and new ideas. Just brain storming.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
Laser Gunns
8 years ago
I really hope firing the coach is not a vote of confidence in Richard Rodgers.

MintBaconDrivel
Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (2h) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (2h) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

21-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.