Barfarn
  • Barfarn
  • Senior Member Topic Starter
8 years ago
The first 6 games Rodgers had fat and out of shape Lacy. His receiving corp was the most decimated it was all year: Nelson out; Jones missed all of camp and just joined the team; Cobb played with 1 arm for 5 games; Adams got hurt in second game and missed the next 4; Monty plays a lot in 4 games as a ROOKIE [only 19 targets on 242 snaps]; Abby was on practice squad for 4 games and got 4 snaps in the other 2.

The OL was intact for 2 games as Lang and Bulaga missed time. And Barclay played in 5 games and was being worked to overcome confidence issues w/ his knee.
Mike McCarthy revealed only a small portion of game plan those first 6 games. Yet, Aaron Rodgers had #2 passer rating [107.7]; and the offense was 3rd with 27.5 points/game. We outscored the average points allowed of the defense of 5 teams by a total of 42 points; then we scored 7 points less than the average of SF’s Jeckel and Hyde defense.

This is how an MVP QB affects team performance when a bunch of pieces are missing; next man-up works like a charm.
RaiderPride
8 years ago

The first 6 games Rodgers had fat and out of shape Lacy. His receiving corp was the most decimated it was all year: Nelson out; Jones missed all of camp and just joined the team; Cobb played with 1 arm for 5 games; Adams got hurt in second game and missed the next 4; Monty plays a lot in 4 games as a ROOKIE [only 19 targets on 242 snaps]; Abby was on practice squad for 4 games and got 4 snaps in the other 2.

The OL was intact for 2 games as Lang and Bulaga missed time. And Barclay played in 5 games and was being worked to overcome confidence issues w/ his knee.

Mike McCarthy revealed only a small portion of game plan those first 6 games. Yet, Aaron Rodgers had #2 passer rating [107.7]; and the offense was 3rd with 27.5 points/game. We outscored the average points allowed of the defense of 5 teams by a total of 42 points; then we scored 7 points less than the average of SF’s Jeckel and Hyde defense.

This is how an MVP QB affects team performance when a bunch of pieces are missing; next man-up works like a charm.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

A Brilliant Observation...

Now factor in the majority of Aaron's success in the passing game is based on timing patterns, it is so obvious that he was not (In Many Cases) over or under throwing the targeted receiver.

Again... Barfarn Points out.. "His receiving corp was the most decimated it was all year: Nelson out; Jones missed all of camp and just joined the team; Cobb played with 1 arm for 5 games; Adams got hurt in second game and missed the next 4"

""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
uffda udfa
8 years ago
4 of the 6 teams we played are picking in the top 15 of the draft at 3, 7, 11 and 15.

The other two...Seattle was experiencing the SB hangover and KC was simply a bad football team then.

You honestly think he was at an MVP level? No. No you don't. The final 3 of the first 6 games were anything but MVP level.

The opener was vs. a team with a terrible D featuring Ball
at CB. It was the first game under John Fox. 12 was efficient in that game but nowhere near outstanding. He was efficient but not spectacular vs. Seattle. His only MVP like game was vs. a badly struggling Chiefs team.

My goodness you tore Rodgers up all over this board for months and now to defend your horrible analysis of Davante's season you've tried reshaping the season narrative. Only those asleep would buy this nonsense. This team wasn't right all season but now we had MVP play that just evaporated because Davante got hurt? L O L. Yeah, throw another 22 targets a game his way for 70 yards. You never cease to amaze.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Zero2Cool
8 years ago
How is it that Seahawks are given an excuse because of Super Bowl hangover and no Kam, yet nothing about the Packers decimating loss in the NFC Championship game in which they should have won? We won't even mention the loss of the WR1 for the Packers with a new play caller?

Claiming to be a Packers fan while slanting things against the team does not make you a better fan nor objective. It only displays your lack of reasoning and inability to see two sides equally.

As for Aaron Rodgers MVP through six games. I wrote about his performance at the time stating he was throwing a plethora of short passes that were inflating his stats. I wasn't alone in this observation either. He had an off year and regardless of that off year I wouldn't want anyone else quarterbacking my team.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
8 years ago
Slanting things against the team? No. This is my honest opinion. The SB hangover is real. Google it.

There is no such noted phenomenon for losing a championship game although I have to believe it could play a role in a poor season the following year. That game vs. a shellshocked Seattle team was our SB.

Totally agree with you on 12 not being MVP like. Do you see the hypocrisy to rip him for months and then say he was at MVP level all to try pulling wool that Davante didn't have a dreadful season? That is the worst kind of fan. 12 was a glorified shovel passer for most of the season. You or I could throw 5 yard passes all day. If not for penalty free plays 12 was even poorer.

I love the Pack but they were bad last season. Our regime saddens me. A miracle we were in the playoffs and won a game. There's no reason to pretend it was something it wasn't. I hope for better next season.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Barfarn
  • Barfarn
  • Senior Member Topic Starter
8 years ago

4 of the 6 teams we played are picking in the top 15 of the draft at 3, 7, 11 and 15.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

It grunts like a caveman, “Fire good, Rodgers bad.”

Life and football are more complicated than this. This is also how a very young child with their very limited cognitive function views the world: a series of good OR bad stimuli and when bad stimuli is experienced, like taking a dump in their diaper, they can only cry until help arrives.

As the child develops cognitive function he or she begins to understand the good AND bad that resides in just about EVERYTHING. EG. Hitler is sweet to Eva Braun; not so to the Jewish; water is necessary to sustain life, but will cause death if held under it for 10 minutes.

“Superbowl hangover” is the “analysis” of a child-fan that cannot truly cognitively analyze the game: EG: Seattle’s D gave up 39 points and 451 yards week 10; 30 points and 538 yards week 12; and in week 20 in ONE HALF, 31 points and no one has a calculator that counts that high in yards.

A child with limited cognitive development sees life in boxes, like, a team is good OR bad; they cannot cognitively grasp that a low drafting team might have a good defense. Also, the cognitively impaired child cannot grasp the concept of change: EG, a bad 2014 Defense will be bad in 2015.

Of course those with suitable cognitive development know that 2015-GB did not play any 2014 defenses; and knows that Rodgers is not just good or bad; that he was really bad only after the bye [And this is based on his actual physical performance, the stats in this case corroborate the performance]; but had moments where he was also pretty good.
buckeyepackfan
8 years ago
I'm really sorry that Uffda is sad.
The Packers really need to Fire Everyone.

THEN MAYBE UFFDA WOULD RESIST THAT URGE THAT HE JUST HAS TO RESPOND TO EVERY POST IN EVERY THREAD UNTIL HE KILLS IT.
Because we all know that Uffda's view is the only one that is right.

Remember the last person to post is the winner!

Jesus this has become such bullshit!
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
PackFanWithTwins
8 years ago
MVP like must mean being dependent on Free-plays and Scramble drills. because that is what most of the offense was early.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Porforis
8 years ago

MVP like must mean being dependent on Free-plays and Scramble drills. because that is what most of the offense was early.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

And if it works, being able to consistently generate free plays and get first downs on scramble drills is huge. But like you meant, being dependent on them isn't feasible.
uffda udfa
8 years ago

I'm really sorry that Uffda is sad.
The Packers really need to Fire Everyone.

THEN MAYBE UFFDA WOULD RESIST THAT URGE THAT HE JUST HAS TO RESPOND TO EVERY POST IN EVERY THREAD UNTIL HE KILLS IT.
Because we all know that Uffda's view is the only one that is right.

Remember the last person to post is the winner!

Jesus this has become such bullshit!

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

I haven't been in the Fat Eddie thread and you won't find me there. I won't be in the Troy Haupt thread.

Many of these threads I have started. I respond in the ones I feel like responding in and I like responding to commentary that is counter to my own. It's so much more fun than complaining about posters over and over and never giving any real opinion as to why we're all here in the first place but I understand you take it personally when pollyanna is questioned.
UserPostedImage

Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (3h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (3h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
12m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.