Smokey
8 years ago
Like every NFL Coach, Mike McCarthy blows a play call, or gets a challenge wrong. However, He remains one of the Top Head Coaches in the NFL. Few do as well with the players they are forced to coach.

Yes the GM is traditionally the team builder, but most place more weight on what the coach needs. The Ted Thompson approach rarely aggressively pursues the best players. He has not the balls to trade picks, players, cash , or a combination to go after the best proven players.

If I were MM, I'd be looking to get away from Ted Thompson and his sissy ways. Yes I said "SISSY" !

UserPostedImage
Barfarn
8 years ago

The story is 100% false? According to what source? YOU? C'mon, Barfarn.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Mike McCarthy is not a stupid fan. Hence, he could never have been heard saying something only a stupid fan would say.

You have an established fact; that Mike McCarthy has proudly defended the D @ D program. he speaks with great passion on the subject. He's involved in the decisions. He's working there when he could write his ticket anywhere else.

See chum chum I dont need a source that the sun will rise in east and set in west tomorrow; I would if I told you tomorrow is going to be different. Now, what if i tell you it will not and lie by saying tomorrow is March 32, 2087? You'd be the dumbest person on the planet if you believed. Likewise anyone who believes McSpinn is a flaming dumbass too.

hysterical fans say stupid stuff like Janis in playoffs was better than Adams in regular season. One might reasonably opine he had better stats; but it is outrageously STUPID to think Janis played better; if they knew the first think about route running they'd realize what a stupid comment it was.

The idiot fan has no clue of what a GM does during the day; so all they can do is judge the stats, just like with the Janis/Adams situation.
Mike McCarthy knows there might be only 8-10 FAs per year that would actually make GB better. And knows Ted Thompson is all over each of those 8-10 like stink on shyte. And knows some dont want to come to GB; some cant move their families; some dont want to take a chance to go elsewhere; some want too much money. Peppers was a good signing; but what if he wanted 50M per year or demanded to play CB? Then not so good. So after going through those 8-10 guys TED makes the final call using 95-99% of what Mike McCarthy and his staff thinks. Again, Ted Thompson will tell MM, if i bring in FA X, we may not be able to sign current player Y and Z, what do you think?

The clueless loudmouths, feeling they must offer an opinion of rage, base their "expert opinion" on the stats, not looking at how a guy runs his routes! Likewise they judge TT's action by the end result and not based on him having been engaged in hundreds of FA moves and trades; all he can do is count the actual number of guys signed and use that to opine that Ted Thompson doesnt seek FAs or that Mike McCarthy is mad about something he adores. And even after, the vocal minority refuse to see that less than 10% of FAs never work out well. Look at the top list of FAs last year...it dont work!
uffda udfa
8 years ago

MM is not a stupid fan. Hence, he could never have been heard saying something only a stupid fan would say.

You have an established fact; that Mike McCarthy has proudly defended the D @ D program. he speaks with great passion on the subject. He's involved in the decisions. He's working there when he could write his ticket anywhere else.

See chum chum I dont need a source that the sun will rise in east and set in west tomorrow; I would if I told you tomorrow is going to be different. Now, what if i tell you it will not and lie by saying tomorrow is March 32, 2087? You'd be the dumbest person on the planet if you believed. Likewise anyone who believes McSpinn is a flaming dumbass too.

hysterical fans say stupid stuff like Janis in playoffs was better than Adams in regular season. One might reasonably opine he had better stats; but it is outrageously STUPID to think Janis played better; if they knew the first think about route running they'd realize what a stupid comment it was.

The idiot fan has no clue of what a GM does during the day; so all they can do is judge the stats, just like with the Janis/Adams situation.

Mike McCarthy knows there might be only 8-10 FAs per year that would actually make GB better. And knows Ted Thompson is all over each of those 8-10 like stink on shyte. And knows some dont want to come to GB; some cant move their families; some dont want to take a chance to go elsewhere; some want too much money. Peppers was a good signing; but what if he wanted 50M per year or demanded to play CB? Then not so good. So after going through those 8-10 guys TED makes the final call using 95-99% of what Mike McCarthy and his staff thinks. Again, Ted Thompson will tell MM, if i bring in FA X, we may not be able to sign current player Y and Z, what do you think?

The clueless loudmouths, feeling they must offer an opinion of rage, base their "expert opinion" on the stats, not looking at how a guy runs his routes! Likewise they judge TT's action by the end result and not based on him having been engaged in hundreds of FA moves and trades; all he can do is count the actual number of guys signed and use that to opine that Ted Thompson doesnt seek FAs or that Mike McCarthy is mad about something he adores. And even after, the vocal minority refuse to see that less than 10% of FAs never work out well. Look at the top list of FAs last year...it dont work!

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

You've become incessantly louder and more belligerent the more I point out the strong opinions you held last year that have proven to be completely false. Why should this be any different? Just compare the things we both gave strong opinions on last off season and see who got more things right. I would bet the house you're wrong on this just like I thought you were wrong on all the things you were wrong on last season.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

nerdmann
8 years ago

You've become incessantly louder and more belligerent the more I point out the strong opinions you held last year that have proven to be completely false. Why should this be any different? Just compare the things we both gave strong opinions on last off season and see who got more things right. I would bet the house you're wrong on this just like I thought you were wrong on all the things you were wrong on last season.

Again, this is why you get hyena'd. You point out nothing, except your man wood for Jeff Janis. Rather loudly and repetitively.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
uffda udfa
8 years ago

Again, this is why you get hyena'd. You point out nothing, except your man wood for Jeff Janis. Rather loudly and repetitively.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Well, that's what the search function is for. Use it. You'll see the things you strongly advocated and even guaranteed for this season, nerd. Same goes for me and Barfarn.

I point out far more than nothing ...and if I did point out nothing, I wouldn't quite be sure what you point out.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

buckeyepackfan
8 years ago

MM is not a stupid fan. Hence, he could never have been heard saying something only a stupid fan would say.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

Wanted to wait a few days before responding, wanted to see what else came out in the media, what sources were named accusing Mike of being tired of the way Ted ran things.

I realized I did not have to wait this long, these days of the 24 hour news cycle I could have responded right away.

Once again Barfarn You have nailed it!!!

Congrats!!!!!!

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
uffda udfa
8 years ago
Well, I spent 8 years in media, most of them in sports at local and national level. I understand how media works.

I was standing right there, in Denver, when Jim Saccomano called our hotline during one of our radio shows. I answered the phone. He wasn't going to give us the promised Broncos player if we kept talking "negative" about the Broncos. You have no clue how it works. I do. I worked for the Vikings flagship in the beginning of my career. Same kind of thing happened. It happened with the Seahawks when I worked nationally. It happened with Boston College. It happens...ALL...THE...TIME.

You don't get the culture of media today. It is held to threats by teams and orgs of credential pulling, etc. A friend of mine. Nestor Aparicio had the Orioles pull his credential years ago. He's NEVER gotten it back. Why? He was too critical of the org on his radio show. Do you think he went all koolaid to get it back? Nope. He went the same direction he was going. He and Peter Angelos have quite the relationship.

What you get is what is filtered through the koolaid filter so what you end up with is exactly what the org wants you to have. You are a product of what they desire because you feed off what you are told by them.

Let's look at McGinn. Does Bob do any player interviews? Nope. So...he's not worried about locker room access. The best media guys are the ones who have burned the bridges and have nothing to lose so they can give you and unfiltered look at things. Shoot, even in their cases they still don't give you everything. Litigation is such a deterrent.

Do you think the guy who gave the Manning details to Al Jazeera really made it all up? Or...Do you think the threats of litigation caused him to recant?

I roomed with a former Minnesota Gophers hockey player. Brian Bonin was critical of the coach and that coach (Doug Woog) was at his door at 5am banging on it telling him if he ever did it again he wouldn't be seeing as much ice time and might lose his scholarship. I've talked to these Gophers players. Woog was a total control freak and the things he did not to be ripped by his players are unbelievable. You truly don't understand how things work. Why doesn't anyone speak out? Why doesn't anyone report it? If they do there goes the aura of the program. It's lost. Gone. There's a guy at the Strib who is aware of all this stuff and had a crisis of conscience about whether he should report these things. Ultimately, he just couldn't. Didn't want to irrevocably damage the program. Same things happen in Green Bay and all over. You know what they want you to know not what there is to be known.

Why do you think you see articles like ADAMS STILL CONFIDENT...blah, blah, blah instead of a real article detailing just how awful he was and how Ted Thompson missed on him? Why? Oh, because it's really "true" that Davante is going to be a star he just had an off year? That is what you want to believe and the org wants you to believe it and pushes such an agenda.

Ever wonder why most fans react so negatively to Bob McGinn? He tells them the truth they don't want to hear because they're so used to the coddling lies it incenses them to read something completely counter to what they're used to and desire. Check your ownself. It's true.

To think ANYONE who wants to win in this Packers org is happy with how Ted Thompson is going about it is C R A Z Y.

EDIT: Here's a story for you to chew on so you can see how things kinda work:

http://www.slate.com/articles/sports/sports_nut/2004/12/locker_room_affairs.html 
UserPostedImage

uffda udfa
8 years ago
Here's a Mike McCarthy quote on why the passing game sucked this past season:

“To have a successful passing game, you have to have big targets that can run through the middle of the field. When you don’t have that, you see what we saw this year. They’re going to add an extra player to the box. That’s the biggest commitment you can make to the run, and that’s what we saw all season.”

---Not a shot at TT? I think it is. GET ME A TE FOR THE LOVE OF...!!!!!!

Oh, you say he's happy with Richard Rodgers? This is what he said about RR and old confident Davante who'll be "fine".

Wide receiver Davante Adams and tight end Richard Rodgers: “Both of those guys need to make a jump. I would say those guys definitely need to step up.”

He has CRAP at WR... CRAP at TE. He's BEGGING for help with pass catchers.

Not convinced that Mike McCarthy wants Ted Thompson to do more? How about this?:

“My goal for Clay is for him to play outside linebacker. He’s an outside linebacker. We didn’t get back to him playing there. That’s the goal. We’ll see what the offseason brings.”

---We'll see what the offseason brings? Translation...for the love of...can we get someone who can play ILB so Clay doesn't have to play there anymore?

No. I'm just a caveman who doesn't get it. It sounds like Mike McCarthy is just thrilled with the players he has to coach, doesn't it? Mike McCarthy would NEVER say that he wanted more out of TT? He already did. Think.
UserPostedImage

nerdmann
8 years ago

“To have a successful passing game, you have to have big targets that can run through the middle of the field. When you don’t have that, you see what we saw this year. They’re going to add an extra player to the box. That’s the biggest commitment you can make to the run, and that’s what we saw all season.”

Oh, you say he's happy with Richard Rodgers? This is what he said about RR and old confident Davante who'll be "fine".

Wide receiver Davante Adams and tight end Richard Rodgers: “Both of those guys need to make a jump. I would say those guys definitely need to step up.”

Not convinced that Mike McCarthy wants Ted Thompson to do more? How about this?:

“My goal for Clay is for him to play outside linebacker. He’s an outside linebacker. We didn’t get back to him playing there. That’s the goal. We’ll see what the offseason brings.”

---We'll see what the offseason brings? Translation...for the love of...can we get someone who can play ILB so Clay doesn't have to play there anymore?

No. I'm just a caveman who doesn't get it. It sounds like Mike McCarthy is just thrilled with the players he has to coach, doesn't it? Mike McCarthy would NEVER say that he wanted more out of TT? He already did. Think.

How can you say he has crap at WR, when he has Jeff Janis in the fold? He has no excuse but to dominate.

Clearly Mike is just making excuses, because it's his fear-based conservatism that ended our season the last two years.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
68md
8 years ago

I can't /won't argue he said it but I am sorry his statement that a " you have to have big targets that can run through the middle of the field" was more or less whiny bullshit. He stayed in 3 wide 78 % of the time. It was him(MM) last off season that wanted to simplify the scheme verbiage and formations so they could play faster and it bit him in the ass.

Then to top it off they didn't adjust pre game..in game or post game. Time for YOU to think and it's rather obvious Mike McCarthy was trying to deflect criticism away from his season of clusters(in this statement) rather then take any heat.( If he was throwing Ted under the bus on purpose he wouldn't be here)

Does GB need an upgrade at TE Yes... would it really have helped this past season with all the other factors ? Doubt it. Did our WR have a crappy season no doubt BUT lost Nelson early, Cobb separated a shoulder early and played with a harness. Adams who had an awful year played with a high ankle sprain and frankly wasn't ready for a #2 role. Add in they had no full time WR coach which is unheard of in the NFL..again a Mike McCarthy SNAFU.

Add all those factors in and no it's not as cut and dry as you would like it to be. I give you credit for some of your pre season predictions you were correct BUT again GB problems are not as easy to fix as just personal. [twocents]

Sorry for the rant ya'll
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (2h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (2h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (23h) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
40m / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.