uffda udfa
8 years ago
I believe Mike McCarthy was alluding to Ted Thompson not trading for Vernon Davis. I believe that is the veiled reference he made.

You doubt that a legit TE would've helped? Why? I don't see the logic in that statement. We had weakness there so adding strength would make no difference? I saw what a difference a battered Bakhtiari made in Arizona vs. a healthy Don Barclay. We lost Cobb and still competed far better ...why? One guy was different. That one guy helped change the game immensely. To say a big fast TE would've mean nothing... I don't see that at all.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

68md
8 years ago

I believe Mike McCarthy was alluding to Ted Thompson not trading for Vernon Davis. I believe that is the veiled reference he made.

You doubt that a legit TE would've helped? Why? I don't see the logic in that statement. We had weakness there so adding strength would make no difference? I saw what a difference a battered Bakhtiari made in Arizona vs. a healthy Don Barclay. We lost Cobb and still competed far better ...why? One guy was different. That one guy helped change the game immensely. To say a big fast TE would've mean nothing... I don't see that at all.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

GB sets their offensive game plan BEFORE the season and stubbornly sticks with it. If you watch the game by formation ..match up for match up they had very little in for a TE. They pre planned to use their TE as H-backs and with some motion to create mismatch's on the backside.

Your so stuck on having the last word here that your looking at everything from that one perspective(not saying your perspective is wrong) go back and watch the games from a formation and X and O match up. Everything on offense is out of sync and this leads to a tired defense later.. which is why things turn out like they do. Mike McCarthy and company don't quickly adjust personally and or game plans not how they do business like it or not. Hell Uffda our QB missed tons of wide open throws... A TE or more Janis wouldn't have mattered much. It is what it is...

Time to move on to 2016

uffda udfa
8 years ago

GB sets their offensive game plan BEFORE the season and stubbornly sticks with it. If you watch the game by formation ..match up for match up they had very little in for a TE. They pre planned to use their TE as H-backs and with some motion to create mismatch's on the backside.

Your so stuck on having the last word here that your looking at everything from that one perspective(not saying your perspective is wrong) go back and watch the games from a formation and X and O match up. Everything on offense is out of sync and this leads to a tired defense later.. which is why things turn out like they do. Mike McCarthy and company don't quickly adjust personally and or game plans not how they do business like it or not. Hell Uffda our QB missed tons of wide open throws... A TE or more Janis wouldn't have mattered much. It is what it is...

Time to move on to 2016

Originally Posted by: 68md 

Every team has an offensive plan set for the upcoming year. Would be unheard of not to. The year Finley went down he was the focal point...we lost him but won the SB. I think we can adjust just fine. We have well enough to win a SB but that did take miraculous play out of the QB.

Not stuck on last word...just like to respond. There is little going on an every post is like gold save for the topics that don't interest me like Lacy's weight.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

steveishere
8 years ago

Doubt Vernon Davis is actually a legit TE. Denver doesn't exactly have a star studded TE position and could only find like 8 snaps for him in the Superbowl and not much more than that over the entire playoffs. He's either fallen off physically or gotten extremely lazy for Denver to trade for him and not use him.
uffda udfa
8 years ago

Doubt Vernon Davis is actually a legit TE. Denver doesn't exactly have a star studded TE position and could only find like 8 snaps for him in the Superbowl and not much more than that over the entire playoffs. He's either fallen off physically or gotten extremely lazy for Denver to trade for him and not use him.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

Hard to tell...that was the worst offensive output in NFL SB history by the Broncos. Peyton Manning with a QBR of less than 10. Dreadful football. Our O would've fit right in in that one last night.
UserPostedImage

Barfarn
8 years ago

Here's a Mike McCarthy quote on why the passing game sucked this past season:

“To have a successful passing game, you have to have big targets that can run through the middle of the field. When you don’t have that, you see what we saw this year. They’re going to add an extra player to the box. That’s the biggest commitment you can make to the run, and that’s what we saw all season.”

---Not a shot at TT? I think it is. GET ME A TE FOR THE LOVE OF...!!!!!!

There has been some debate over what the above "quote" means by trying to assess a value to the words not inherent in their meaning...but the "quote" is WRONG.

One should never print a Ketchman quote w/o checking it first.
Mike McCarthy mentions production of specifically big receivers and TEs over the middle. This could have been a veiled shot at Janis as opposed to anyone else. It could have been a self-deprecating shot at himself, as an admission that he failed to have enough installs for routes across the middle. The mention of “production,” which is the product of the receivers and QB completing passes, could be a statement about A. Rodgers for not productively throwing to anyone other than Cobb in the middle of the field. And if you doubt this listen at 22:02 to MM's response when asked about AR's play this year; now compare this to the effusive praise he gave Aaron Rodgers when he struggled early in 2014.

It doesn’t make sense that the comment is directed at Rich Rod. I’m working on filling in the wholes of my route charts and R.Rodgers only had about 1 in 30 routes “running through the middle.” The few times he did, he was often open and the even fewer times he was targeted, he was productive; but for bad throws. Even Periillo had a couple of nice catches “running through the middle.” So, how can a coach blame a guy for not blame a guy for not doing something he was told not to do?

The other possibility is Mike McCarthy is just out to humiliate a room full of idiots. Mike McCarthy speaks of the first play v. AZ, GB went 3WR and AZ had 8 men in the box. 😂 😂 That would mean 0 coverage, the fact is there were 7 in the box; Peterson man on Jones right and left AZ had had 2 CBs on Adams and Cobb w/ a safety over the top. So maybe he's just trying to say nothing for 23 minutes except to send a message to Lacy that he wont make it out of TC if he comes in out of shape.
uffda udfa
8 years ago

There has been some debate over what the above "quote" means by trying to assess a value to the words not inherent in their meaning...but the "quote" is WRONG.

One should never print a Ketchman quote w/o checking it first.

Mike McCarthy mentions production of specifically big receivers and TEs over the middle. This could have been a veiled shot at Janis as opposed to anyone else. It could have been a self-deprecating shot at himself, as an admission that he failed to have enough installs for routes across the middle. The mention of “production,” which is the product of the receivers and QB completing passes, could be a statement about A. Rodgers for not productively throwing to anyone other than Cobb in the middle of the field. And if you doubt this listen at 22:02 to MM's response when asked about AR's play this year; now compare this to the effusive praise he gave Aaron Rodgers when he struggled early in 2014.

It doesn’t make sense that the comment is directed at Rich Rod. I’m working on filling in the wholes of my route charts and R.Rodgers only had about 1 in 30 routes “running through the middle.” The few times he did, he was often open and the even fewer times he was targeted, he was productive; but for bad throws. Even Periillo had a couple of nice catches “running through the middle.” So, how can a coach blame a guy for not blame a guy for not doing something he was told not to do?

The other possibility is Mike McCarthy is just out to humiliate a room full of idiots. Mike McCarthy speaks of the first play v. AZ, GB went 3WR and AZ had 8 men in the box. 😂 😂 That would mean 0 coverage, the fact is there were 7 in the box; Peterson man on Jones right and left AZ had had 2 CBs on Adams and Cobb w/ a safety over the top. So maybe he's just trying to say nothing for 23 minutes except to send a message to Lacy that he wont make it out of TC if he comes in out of shape.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

You work harder on trying to invalidate things that don't fit your agenda than do the Ted Thompson fanatics. He also said more than just this but you chose to focus on this one quote to invalidate. I think this quote coupled with the weight of the others that you're not taking issue with is more evidence that it means what I think it means and not what you'd like it to mean to fit into your agenda.

My agenda is to see this team win SB's and not sugarcoat or excuse anyone or anything that's in the way of that agenda. So, when some say I'm anti-TT or whatever... No. I am anti ANYTHING that I see as an impediment to seeing this franchise win another Lombardi. Yes...that includes Ted Thompson for sure but I'm not anti Ted Thompson for the sake of being anti TT. Those who support this org have an agenda but it isn't to see it win SB's so what is it?

UserPostedImage

Barfarn
8 years ago

You work harder on trying to invalidate things that don't fit your agenda than do the Ted Thompson fanatics. He also said more than just this but you chose to focus on this one quote to invalidate. I think this quote coupled with the weight of the others that you're not taking issue with is more evidence that it means what I think it means and not what you'd like it to mean to fit into your agenda.

My agenda is to see this team win SB's and not sugarcoat or excuse anyone or anything that's in the way of that agenda. So, when some say I'm anti-TT or whatever... No. I am anti ANYTHING that I see as an impediment to seeing this franchise win another Lombardi. Yes...that includes Ted Thompson for sure but I'm not anti Ted Thompson for the sake of being anti TT. Those who support this org have an agenda but it isn't to see it win SB's so what is it?

The only agenda I have is to have Packer Opinions processed through reality. The reality begins by what happens on he field, not in shorts at a combine and not by pulling out a Captain Crunch secret decoder ring to decipher the true meaning of MM's veiled communications. Successful football coaches keep the dirty laundry in house and are honest and straight forward to their players and colleagues, those that are not, watch their teams/organizations implode around them [See one Jimmy Harbaugh].
Mike McCarthy will speak point blank to his players and if he's unhappy with TT's acquisition of talent he will walk into his office man to man and tell him directly. Now, who after having a man to man, then antagonizes that player or GM by making a veiled reference to it to the press? This is how children or emotionally unstable turnips like Harbaugh might act.

Actions always trump words. In the season ending press conference Mike McCarthy stated that he’d sit down with Ted Thompson in 2 weeks to discuss the roster. I just can’t imagine that if Mike McCarthy said we NEED this or that and Ted Thompson routinely failed to deliver because of a difference in philosophy that Mike McCarthy would be there for 10 years.

In taking the comment about Adams and Rodgers taking a leap from year 2 to 3 as some sort of indictment of their performance, one should ask: What is Mike McCarthy supposed to say? That they’re fully accomplished; or that they suck? There is nothing else Mike McCarthy could say. No Packer receiver in the Mike McCarthy era has been accomplished in his 2nd year. They ALL got better years 2 to 3. If you want to know what Mike McCarthy really thinks of Davante then analyze REALITY. Learn about route running and then watch the game to see how Davante compares. Mike McCarthy says "stats are for losers." He is saying we make football decisions based on grades of performance NOT STATS.
uffda udfa
8 years ago

The only agenda I have is to have Packer Opinions processed through reality. The reality begins by what happens on he field, not in shorts at a combine and not by pulling out a Captain Crunch secret decoder ring to decipher the true meaning of MM's veiled communications. Successful football coaches keep the dirty laundry in house and are honest and straight forward to their players and colleagues, those that are not, watch their teams/organizations implode around them [See one Jimmy Harbaugh].

Mike McCarthy will speak point blank to his players and if he's unhappy with TT's acquisition of talent he will walk into his office man to man and tell him directly. Now, who after having a man to man, then antagonizes that player or GM by making a veiled reference to it to the press? This is how children or emotionally unstable turnips like Harbaugh might act.

Actions always trump words. In the season ending press conference Mike McCarthy stated that he’d sit down with Ted Thompson in 2 weeks to discuss the roster. I just can’t imagine that if Mike McCarthy said we NEED this or that and Ted Thompson routinely failed to deliver because of a difference in philosophy that Mike McCarthy would be there for 10 years.

In taking the comment about Adams and Rodgers taking a leap from year 2 to 3 as some sort of indictment of their performance, one should ask: What is Mike McCarthy supposed to say? That they’re fully accomplished; or that they suck? There is nothing else Mike McCarthy could say. No Packer receiver in the Mike McCarthy era has been accomplished in his 2nd year. They ALL got better years 2 to 3. If you want to know what Mike McCarthy really thinks of Davante then analyze REALITY. Learn about route running and then watch the game to see how Davante compares. Mike McCarthy says "stats are for losers." He is saying we make football decisions based on grades of performance NOT STATS.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

That is full blown blasphemy...NOBODY spins things more into their own narrative any more than you do. You KNOW for a FACT Mike McCarthy didn't ever say to anyone that he was frustrated with TT. Yes, that is an OBJECTIVE statement? LMAO. LOL and LMAO again. It's the epitome of agenda based commentary. Again...You KNOW that Mike McCarthy NEVER said such a thing based on...??????? N O T H I N G but your agenda which it doesn't fit.

My CC decoder ring is better than your belly or mind. I don't really care what anyone else concludes. I type what I truly believe to be the case but, of course, I know I don't know. It just makes good sense. There is logic to the things I type whether you agree with it or not I couldn't care less.

What does REALITY equal in your world...the way YOU ...WANT...the world to be? Lotsa people running around with perception being their reality. Your reality is not real reality but somehow you think your reality is more a reality than my reality? No.

I have watched Davante Adams... I see him underperform weekly, or weakly. I don't need the sunshine from OTA's to shape what I think. I rely on what I see...not what you see...not what other see...what I see. I saw Adams as a run of the mill WCO WR...heck, I would even go so far to say I was wrong. He isn't even that. I would love to know how you would view Adams if he didn't play for the Packers. Heck, fans on this very site compared Adams to Sterling Sharpe and Jarrett Boykin to Alshon Jeffery and not just some of the rah rah types...actually, one of the smarter ones said Boykin was as good as Jeffery. This non reality is baffling but here you are talking to ME about reality? Look at Davante's season. You can keep talking about some ghost images you think you saw on tape. I saw him play...he ain't good enough and I don't care how many times you insult me and tell me I don't know what I'm talking about. You are the one with the issue here, not me. He isn't very good and his sophomore campaign belies every opinion I've ever posted on him but you can rewrite and say that you KNOW he's really good and make all the excuses in the world. That fits PERFECTLY here...excuse after excuse about what IS vs. what you WISH.

I'm sorry I have a better read on things than you do. I truly am. That has to be hard for someone like you who starts with the premise that I'm a dumb caveman and you're an enlightened member of the football community. Simple old me told brilliant old you that RR and Davante were nothing special and never would be. You still bang the drum for them. You banged the drum for us being a Top 5 D. Your REALITY is NOT mine. Keep telling me how it is. It's actually a bit bizarre. You are flat out wrong but you keep preaching that you're right. It has no sway at all with me...maybe, others? I don't know.

UserPostedImage

Zero2Cool
8 years ago
This is interesting.

I think that’s one of our big advantages. They have a great working relationship. Now, there’s natural tension between a GM and a head coach, and they manage that well.

Mark Murphy  wrote:

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (12h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (12h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.