8 years ago

We didn't have injuries LAST year. And what killed us was Mike's fear-based playcalling. Put the team into a mental shell, where they self destructed.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

he should have been fired after that game
Cheesey
8 years ago

Did the 13 teams that have no SuperBowls have HOF QB's?

I'm not sure what you're doing in the above post? It is also a FACT that Tom Brady (ONE HOF QB) has been to SIX SB's which is MORE than OUR THREE HOF QB's combined. That is a FACT. You went on about quoting what has happened over the last 49 years? Brady has been to more SB's in his career than our franchise with THREE HOF QB's has been in 49 years. That is FACT and an ugly one at that.

It is EMBARRASSING to be in 5 SB's in 49 years when New England has a QB who isn't any better than the one we have right now and he's been to more SB's than almost a half century of our franchise.

How isn't it?

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Man.... I hear the complaints of how our GM sucks, then complain how we have a HOF QB. Can't have it both ways. Either be happy we have a team that at least has a chance of winning it all, or go cheer for the Cleveland Browns.
Yes, Brady has been to a bunch of SB's.
He's also lost more Super Bowls then any of the Packer QBs.
After all, isn't a super bowl loss just as bad as not even getting there? According to you, at least?
Carolina just went 17-1 going into tonight's game. Then lost the big one. Guess their season sucked, right?
Oh....and how many times have the Patriots been caught cheating? Are they the ones you really want YOUR team to be like? Win no matter HOW you do it?
That might be for you, but I don't want my team to cheat in order to win. That taints any championship if you ask me.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
8 years ago

Man.... I hear the complaints of how our GM sucks, then complain how we have a HOF QB. Can't have it both ways. Either be happy we have a team that at least has a chance of winning it all, or go cheer for the Cleveland Browns.
Yes, Brady has been to a bunch of SB's.
He's also lost more Super Bowls then any of the Packer QBs.
After all, isn't a super bowl loss just as bad as not even getting there? According to you, at least?
Carolina just went 17-1 going into tonight's game. Then lost the big one. Guess their season sucked, right?
Oh....and how many times have the Patriots been caught cheating? Are they the ones you really want YOUR team to be like? Win no matter HOW you do it?
That might be for you, but I don't want my team to cheat in order to win. That taints any championship if you ask me.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

To answer your question...YES! Carolina's season SUCKED. It didn't end with a championship. Ask any Patriots fan how they feel about being undefeated and then losing to the Giants ending their perfect season. A Packer fan would celebrate that season. It means failure in New England. Just different mindsets.

You really have to get outside the Packer People bubble. You don't want "your team" cheating? I know you have to throw up some objection to the Packers not being as successful so this is what has to be latched onto to feel better about our failure and knock New England's preeminence over us. Packers don't cheat? Sorry...they do. They all do...

http://yourteamcheats.com/GB 

Can't have what both ways? I'm completely oblivious to your point there. Oh, is it that our GM drafted him? Is that your point, there? Yes, he did draft him. A no brainer pick...a guy touted for 1st overall falls all the way down to you in the 20s and you need a QB because your guy waffles all the time? That was a gift. Yes, he still made the pick. Can't take that away from him but let's not act like he made some genius move.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Cheesey
8 years ago
How about the 20 some GMs that passed on Rodgers?
Ted picked him, and you begrudgingly give him "credit" for it. Man, that's really generous of you!
He could have passed him, right? He picked him, and was right for doing it. Then he cut Favre loose when he kept waffling. That took guts!
Does he get every pick right? No. Not NO GM does!
Besides, our picks have all been late in the 1st round because our team doesn't SUCK!
I want the Packers to win the super bowl. And I think if they can stay healthy next year, they will do it.
I'll stay positive on that until they show that they don't want or care if they win or not.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
8 years ago

How about the 20 some GMs that passed on Rodgers?
Ted picked him, and you begrudgingly give him "credit" for it. Man, that's really generous of you!
He could have passed him, right? He picked him, and was right for doing it. Then he cut Favre loose when he kept waffling. That took guts!
Does he get every pick right? No. Not NO GM does!
Besides, our picks have all been late in the 1st round because our team doesn't SUCK!
I want the Packers to win the super bowl. And I think if they can stay healthy next year, they will do it.
I'll stay positive on that until they show that they don't want or care if they win or not.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Actually, he picked AJ Hawk 5th overall when we did suck on purpose so he had an excuse to can Sherman. That was a huge swing and a miss.

The Favre trade to NY Jets is my favorite move in Ted Thompson's tenure. He sent a guy who hated the big city to the biggest city in America and almost the world. That's hysterical.

Did you watch the draft that we got Rodgers out of? I did. I watched every single pick of the first few rounds. He was unlikely to be drafted as there weren't that many QB needy teams. Once he got past Tampa way up there at the top it was a freefall to the Packers spot and if you watched it on ESPN they all knew he was going to Green Bay. It was a no brainer. Go watch the YouTube of it.

New England's picks are usually after ours and they're better than us. Same goes for Denver who won it all this season. Denver and New England both use FA. Aqib Talib, DeMarcus Ware, TJ Ward, Peyton Manning, Emmanuel Sanders, Owen Daniels, Vernon Davis among others were guys Elway added in his relentless pursuit of a championship. He got it. Even if he didn't I would still greatly admire the passion and drive chasing one. You have to really really want it to get it. We got our one when we made sweeping changes to several coaching positions. We had a buzz and a belief this was our year. Haven't felt that since that year. Have you? I don't think you will again. We're stratified into the TT/MM Dom Capers era. We are who we are. Not good enough...and knowing that will we do anything to be better...yeah, draft and invite UDFA's to camp just like the other 31 teams. Our guy just thinks he's the smartest guy in the room and can find his star players on the trash heap. In fairness he's done well there. Too bad he just won't supplement like the other great franchises to get us over the hump. I guess he's like Favre who hated to make the easy throw and wanted to force one in for fun and glory...it wouldn't be as fun to Ted if he didn't get to bang his chest that he found nobody's and won a SB with them.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

nerdmann
8 years ago

Actually, he picked AJ Hawk 5th overall when we did suck on purpose so he had an excuse to can Sherman. That was a huge swing and a miss.

The Favre trade to NY Jets is my favorite move in Ted Thompson's tenure. He sent a guy who hated the big city to the biggest city in America and almost the world. That's hysterical.

Did you watch the draft that we got Rodgers out of? I did. I watched every single pick of the first few rounds. He was unlikely to be drafted as there weren't that many QB needy teams. Once he got past Tampa way up there at the top it was a freefall to the Packers spot and if you watched it on ESPN they all knew he was going to Green Bay. It was a no brainer. Go watch the YouTube of it.

New England's picks are usually after ours and they're better than us. Same goes for Denver who won it all this season. Denver and New England both use FA. Aqib Talib, DeMarcus Ware, TJ Ward, Peyton Manning, Emmanuel Sanders, Owen Daniels, Vernon Davis among others were guys Elway added in his relentless pursuit of a championship. He got it. Even if he didn't I would still greatly admire the passion and drive chasing one. You have to really really want it to get it. We got our one when we made sweeping changes to several coaching positions. We had a buzz and a belief this was our year. Haven't felt that since that year. Have you? I don't think you will again. We're stratified into the TT/MM Dom Capers era. We are who we are. Not good enough...and knowing that will we do anything to be better...yeah, draft and invite UDFA's to camp just like the other 31 teams. Our guy just thinks he's the smartest guy in the room and can find his star players on the trash heap. In fairness he's done well there. Too bad he just won't supplement like the other great franchises to get us over the hump. I guess he's like Favre who hated to make the easy throw and wanted to force one in for fun and glory...it wouldn't be as fun to Ted if he didn't get to bang his chest that he found nobody's and won a SB with them.

Once Jeff Janis takes over the league next year, everyone will know that Ted is the best GM ever!

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Cheesey
8 years ago
I think Kevin is going to have to rename this site to "PackersMoan".😁
UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
8 years ago
At least UFFDA is always good for some comedic posting.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Barfarn
8 years ago

New England's picks are usually after ours and they're better than us. Same goes for Denver who won it all this season. Denver and New England both use FA. Aqib Talib, DeMarcus Ware, TJ Ward, Peyton Manning, Emmanuel Sanders, Owen Daniels, Vernon Davis

NO NO NO! Revis was signed by Belicheck because he busted on Ras I dowling, Tavon wilson, T. Wheatley and Butler Picks and Mccourty couldn't cut it at CB. Denver signed Ware because they lost Dumerville on Elway's fax SNAFU, had to get a new secondary because Webster[picked 2 rounds ahead of Hyde], Bolden [picked 30 slots ahead of House] Carter, Cox and Thompson all busted out and Moore could not be retained and they picked QB Osweiler 5 pics ahead of Hayward because a 1st rounder was stupidly thrown away on Tebow.

The Revis signing killed NE this year and If Belicheck doesn't cheat in both Indy and Balt. games, then 2014 Revis signing would have gone for naught and the vocal minority would be singing praises of the replacement flavor of the month, Ozzie Newsome. BTW, how's Ozzie doing since he tried to "go for it?" And of course, Denver just sucks. The offense was incapable of scoring on its own; Denver can only win if the opponent gets stupid. The D is good, but nothing like Lewis Ravens, Ryan Bears, Lambert's Steelers, Nitschke's Packers or even 2013 Seattle. They got lucky to get a bye; they got lucky when Dalton and Rothlesberger went down; they got lucky Belichek got aggressive stupid. If Dilfer was QBing Carolina, Denver loses 3-0, they might still be playing into 126 OTs; but mistakeless sucky Dilfer doesn't lose that game for Carolina. Or Peyton winning was a WWF script. Elway's aggressiveness had nothing to do with winning SB; but it will destroy them for the next few years. He's just the flavor of the year.

Every GM is D @ D. Every GM works to avoid Free agency. No GM would ever sign a FA if enough of his picks and UDFAs worked out. The master and most disciplined is the TT/MM combo. If GB doesn't win one of the other 31 undisciplined GMs will; and they will be the flavor of the year. Ted Thompson is sitting at a 32-man hold'em table w/ aces; he's a 4-1 or 5-1 favorite against anyone GM; but against the entire field he is an underdog.

Don't forget, our drafts in 2010-13 were hurt because 3 other GM's had knowledge of the full and/or parts of TT's draft board. Randall and Rollins were not stolen by McKenzie and Dorsey, because Randell was in JC and Rollins was playing b-ball when they were on the the staff. If they had the talent evaluating skill of TT, Dorsey trades down a few spots and picks Randall; McKenzie trades up to get him.
uffda udfa
8 years ago
Just one quick thought as I hate typing on a cell. Ozzie went for it? Baltimore won a SB a few years ago aND overpaid Flacco and lost players due to his contract. Team lost Flacco, their starting RB, Pitta, Steve Smith, Suggs, etc.last season.

I never implied NE picked better just that they pick after us and are better. When BB fails they fix those holes in FA. We just have to wait until next draft or the next couple after for our upgrades.
UserPostedImage

Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (10h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (10h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.