uffda udfa
8 years ago

lol this did make me laugh ... yes you got those 17 replies, but you do not need to reply to each one of them. Am I wrong? Set me straight but when I open a thread, I don't want to read the same person every other comment and that's including myself!!!

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

šŸ˜ That's fair, if that's what you truly don't want. I'm fairly certain you see Nerd just as much but he isn't the "issue" I am.

Of course, you know how I feel... the mindset of the board is that everything Packers is good for the most part. If you have someone counter to that that person is going to get hammered for being "different". 68md talked about this in the CIC thread. Boards determine what they don't want in way of opinion. It has NOTHING to do with being a "troll"...that is just some convenient label to throw out and hide behind and used to justify actions. IE: We had to ban that guy because he was a "troll". LOL...No...what that guy was was...DIFFERENT. Not a troll...just different. Sadly, because of your insecurity and desire for sameness and the refusal to openly examine an issue you'll slam the door with your fingers in your ears saying...Troll!...Troll!...Troll! Same reason fans call Bob McGinn a troll...they simply don't like what he has to say and it doesn't compute to them so therefore he must be a troll because when I read him I don't get the warm and fuzzy I get when I read Wilde, Silverstein, posters at Packershome, etc. It's childish and a sign of personal immaturity and poor character to run around using the word "troll" when you're challenged on a position.

The best threads are quite long threads that offer multiple viewpoints. The threads I get hammered for is when I offer one viewpoint and the other 17 offer the exact opposite. However, the 17 sounds of sameness are completely fine but the voice crying of dissent in the wilderness is the troll because the majority has concluded because there's 17 on one side and one of the other the one just has to be a troll? Ludicrous...childish...etc.

You and I are having a nice little back and forth. If this same thread was going and 16 others jumped on me as you have all of a sudden I'm a troll. It makes no sense.

Ironically, there hasn't been a single reply to the actual point in this thread? I just wanted to hear why this was an issue? I was told that being a positive Packers fan had no bearing on objectivity. I wanted to know how the replay official being a Broncos fan had any bearing on him being impartial? When you honestly answer that question perhaps it might give you pause and rethink your answer from the objectivity thread. Oh, that's TROLLING! TROLLING...TROLL! No. It's an honest fair question that is tangential to the stifled objectivity thread. I have no doubt that I was right in that thread but that's what makes me a troll. That someone can't admit that I am right? If someone came here and honestly laid out why a person being a Broncos fan had no bearing on impartiality intelligently, perhaps, I would revisit my thoughts on why being a fan of something negates objectivity.

Any of you watch MAKING A MURDERER? Mantiwoc had no business involved in the Avery investigation and were told to stay away and agreed to but got involved anyway. Why were they told to stay away and initially agree to? Their objectivity was in complete question. Being too close to something skews views but I was told repeatedly it doesn't until the thread got locked and I get to feel like I'm the problem when the issue is the other parties can't admit the truth...and make no mistake it is truth. Look at the definition.

This probably belongs more in the CIC thread but it's very disappointing to continually be labeled for correctly characterizing the definition of a word. The color black has a definition...you can holler all day that it's really more grey than black but black is black. If I say it's black I'm going to hear it's gray over and over until I'm the issue for saying it's black....and....no, this doesn't mean on things of opinion I'm always right...that's in the eye of the other 17 here who determine that but it doesn't matter if there's 1700 the word objective means what it means and has to be applied whether it cuts you to the quick, or not.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because theyā€™ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Zero2Cool
8 years ago

šŸ˜ That's fair, if that's what you truly don't want. I'm fairly certain you see Nerd just as much but he isn't the "issue" I am.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Oh believe me, he is an issue too. Ask him. He's heard it from me, lol. If you ever created a topic from the front page, you'll notice one cannot do so within X amount of minutes. Nerdmann would create like five in thirty seconds!!

You're a lot more persistent than he is. Something he does, that you do not do is rebuttal to what was replied to. You often times ignore someones counter and pretend it didn't happen while going on another tangent. That's annoying for me personally and maybe others too.

I am focusing on the improvements so I apologize for not reading past what I've quoted.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
8 years ago

Oh believe me, he is an issue too. Ask him. He's heard it from me, lol. If you ever created a topic from the front page, you'll notice one cannot do so within X amount of minutes. Nerdmann would create like five in thirty seconds!!

You're a lot more persistent than he is. Something he does, that you do not do is rebuttal to what was replied to. You often times ignore someones counter and pretend it didn't happen while going on another tangent. That's annoying for me personally and maybe others too.

I am focusing on the improvements so I apologize for not reading past what I've quoted.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Cut me some slack...it is quite hard replying to every single objection. I've been told the volume of my replies is already an issue so you really want me replying MORE? I'm so, so, so confused. šŸ¤£

What I will try doing is waiting until everyone has their swing at me and then craft one long doozy of a response to ALL the issues raised so I don't hear garbage like this. You just got done telling me Nerd "rebuttals". Now, that is hilarious to me. Nerd will label and drop crazy, but funny, quips in reply. That is rebuttal but not rebuttal pertaining to what has been written. I do reply to what has been written but my tangents are to further and strengthen my original argument. Again, I'm blasted for saying the same thing over and over and now I'm off on tangents. Which is it? It's balderdash to me.

I'm not sure the issue is that I'm smarter than other people, although, it could be, but people act very very immature here when something makes them feel "bad" about their Packers. Sometimes feeling bad is the appropriate response but that goes to objectivity which I guess I'm not supposed to discuss because it upsets those who want a word to mean something it doesn't. šŸ˜

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because theyā€™ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Nonstopdrivel
7 years ago
Why are you harping on poor, ole MintBaconDrivel? Isn't he merely the successor to SlickVision? And why was the moist one laid to rest anyway?

Can't a guy leave for a few months without everything changing?? šŸ˜•
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
7 years ago
I remember when this site was enjoyable to come to. There was discussions, and just about everyone treated each other with respect, even when they didn't agree with each other.
It was more like a "family". Love and respecting each other regardless of political or religion or race.
I miss those days.
I understand Kevin wanting to give people a lot of "freedom" in their posts, but I think sometimes the owner of a site has to step down on those that don't respect him or other known long time posters here.
Just my 2 cents.
(That's all I can afford!)
UserPostedImage
Smokey
7 years ago
IMO, this threads original post was not only valid, but also relevant. The article to which the link directs the reader presents a story that merits discussion. The poster could have, and probably should have offered some commentary on the article. I can however understand, perhaps, why he did not. It may have swayed the discussion and was therefor left blank.

As for stomping on a poster for presenting their thoughts, the Republicans have not been sworn in just yet. I pray that freedom of speech, thought, or opinion will remain steadfast no matter how annoying, childish, or in opposition to the majority.

As to the article that the link in the original post refers to, I found it a pleasant read and its points well presented. I do not see a conflict of interest as the author does. Many married couples respect differing opinions among themselves.

An interesting article for a discussion, my compliments .
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
7 years ago
Smokey.....again.....why is it always called "stomping" when a republican voices their opinions, but just fine for all the name calling and belittling democrats do?
I always try to voice my opinions WITHOUT the petty name calling, and to give valid reasons WHY I believe so.
I also don't understand why rich democrats are seen as OK, while any republican that is rich is somehow "evil".
I wonder how many rich democrats don't take advantage of tax breaks they rail on republicans for also taking?
I know it's off subject, sorry for that.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (13h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (13h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (15h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (17h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (17h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (20h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (21h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? šŸ„ŗ I think that means you missed more than half of them šŸ˜¢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead šŸ¤Ŗ
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
5m / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright Ā© 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.comā„¢. All Rights Reserved.