Zero2Cool
8 years ago

Kevin is there a way to see your very first post on here? I am curious to see what mine was lol. Probably something like Ted Thompson sucks and so does Mike McCarthy and why the hell aren't we drafting a wr.

Nevermind this only goes back to 2010 and imagine that Imy first comment was on nonstops boobs thread lol

Originally Posted by: dhazer 

Check it out . I would like to add that Aaron Rodgers won MVP twice AND also won Super Bowl MVP. You sure look silly now after all this brilliant hindsight wisdom!!
UserPostedImage
68md
8 years ago

As a guy who feels like an outsider, I can tell you one of the worst things about any forum is the cliques that are well formed turning off any and all new posters. This is one of the reasons 68md likes the word "troll". That word protects the clique from the opinions of outsiders and creates a herd mentality and feeding frenzy against the new unwanted visitor. Now, this only applies to new members who have a dissenting point of view. If the new poster is perfectly in line, and often they become that way because they lurk for awhile to see what is acceptable and what isn't. What you get left with is a forum like 68md's...it's a cult of sameness. I was there and unwelcome because I had 180 views from their clique membership. Of course, I just had to be a troll because I didn't like Davante Adams, wasn't high on TT, etc. and they didn't want to hear it. I was a troll and beat a dead horse but had I said positive things about Davante, TT, etc...there would've been no dead horse beat. That only comes up when the opinion is unpopular. When something unpopular is posted ONCE is enough for the clique board who doesn't appreciate such expressions. Any further expression of your "negative" opinion is beating a dead horse. I have seen this ridiculousness played out on any fan board everywhere I've ever been.

People should always feel free to express themselves on a forum, but, alas, this is "someone's" forum that they built and that real person behind it has leanings and ideas that sometimes make it hard for a new person to feel welcome. I've always hated that about ANY type of forum. This one does the best job of allowing free expression but it goes through periods where the rank and file are reporting posts like crazy and then the site creator feels compelled to act because his long and trusted clique of members isn't liking what is being posted to them. That clique only wants those who are like minded and ultimately the person who brings a different perspective is banished and the board celebrates as if it's rid itself of some evil when the real evil is the idea that everyone should see things the same. Makes for a really, really, really bad and uninteresting board. A feel good buddy club...like sitting at Cheers talking to Woody or Sam. There's only so many barstools to go around and there ain't one reserved for a dissenter.

Honestly, that is why I think there should be a subforum for members who aren't the typical fan type. To me, it just makes good sense. It isn't saying one group is better than another rather it's acknowledging the truth that doesn't want to be acknowledged...that there is a strong bent for ONE type of fan and opinion here. That's great. It's not great when that is kept in the shadows and there's all this pretense that we're all the same ...we're all just fans nobody better than another. Absolutely. Nobody is better...BUT...there are groups who are DIFFERENT and those different type posters aren't truly welcome. Never have been, never will be...they are tolerated and never accepted until some moment where the tolerance wears thin and they are banished. This really needs to be acknowledged and admitted...that, in fact, this board does desire one type of opinion and that is of the Packers flattering variety. Now, Kevin I don't direct that at you, perse, but your membership overwhelmingly desires that and it puts you in a tough spot. I get it but let's be honest about what is wanted here. Guys like me gone.

If there was a forum for guys like Dakota and myself that is the only place I would post. I wouldn't even bother the Buckeyes of the world that swoon with every single thing this org does and praise it and spin it positively.

Kevin...heck, shoot me a PM. Let me know how much it would cost me to have you host a site for me. A place like Michael Rodney's PackersNotes would be good for me. I can just write pieces on my site and can leave commentary open below. That way, I'm and hopefully others like me are off your board where nobody really wants me/them anyway and the issue of harmony and feeling like a family comes back.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Preface sorry Kevin but he took the gloves off..you stood around and let him take a pot shot so be it.

You sir MR Uffda... Counter ... Packtion! and a host of other screen names you've posted under all over. First off you need to refresh your memory. You were in great standing on "my site" until you pitched your little hissy fit and got a one week vaca. Than instead of manning up you took your ball and went home. You got your hinder tossed out of news.net and it's uncensored and unmoderated sister(To name just a few) forum for and I am quoting the owner directly " He was a real word twister. Sports radio background and therefore loved to be provocative and take outrageous stands and burn topics 15 pages deep. Tended to play the victim when you tried to reign him in. "

That's you big boy... it's ALWAYS someone else never your damn fault. My site is what it is ... but that crap your trying to sell above is nothing more then you pouting because you think I called you out when in fact I was generalizing. It's not always about you Uffda ... your opinion is just that yours and your entitled to it but geez you don't ALWAYS have to have the last word.

And by the way I take great pride in my site and it's corner bar feel.. If you don't like it fine but IMHO it takes a real prick to take the cheap shot you did.

I keep making the mistake that PH is the site it was years ago when I could log in jump into a conversation.. say hi to a few old friends ( none of them post here anymore) and it was fun.

Now ..well shit look above. Apologize to all the old regulars for the OT rant.
nerdmann
8 years ago

Preface sorry Kevin but he took the gloves off..you stood around and let him take a pot shot so be it.

You sir MR Uffda... Counter ... Packtion! and a host of other screen names you've posted under all over. First off you need to refresh your memory. You were in great standing on "my site" until you pitched your little hissy fit and got a one week vaca. Than instead of manning up you took your ball and went home. You got your hinder tossed out of news.net and it's uncensored and unmoderated sister(To name just a few) forum for and I am quoting the owner directly " He was a real word twister. Sports radio background and therefore loved to be provocative and take outrageous stands and burn topics 15 pages deep. Tended to play the victim when you tried to reign him in. "

That's you big boy... it's ALWAYS someone else never your damn fault. My site is what it is ... but that crap your trying to sell above is nothing more then you pouting because you think I called you out when in fact I was generalizing. It's not always about you Uffda ... your opinion is just that yours and your entitled to it but geez you don't ALWAYS have to have the last word.

And by the way I take great pride in my site and it's corner bar feel.. If you don't like it fine but IMHO it takes a real prick to take the cheap shot you did.

I keep making the mistake that PH is the site it was years ago when I could log in jump into a conversation.. say hi to a few old friends ( none of them post here anymore) and it was fun.

Originally Posted by: 68md 

What's your site, 68md, if I may ask?

I'm one person who "hyena'd" Ufda, and it's mainly because of his repetitive argumentation and the way he twists around people who try to reason with him. I don't feel I'm part of a clique that plots against him. In fact, it's mainly because of Dakota that I haven't done it again, although frankly I don't think he's been as bad.

I don't think Ufda trolls on purpose, I just think that's how he is as a person. 🤣
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
uffda udfa
8 years ago

Originally Posted by: 68md 

Potshot? 68, with all due respect, it was you who passive aggressively named me in your "troll" comment earlier in this thread. What I said about your site I stand firmly behind with no regrets. That is what happened. You want to go revisionist. It was my own doing I got booted. Yup...because I wouldn't go all sugar same which is what you desired. It was fine for your membership to blast my opinions but if I chose to respond I was beating a dead horse. That's laughable. Me man up? Seriously. I could point to our PM's on this very site to that issue. You went bananas over what I typed about Richard Rodgers and was hell bent on proving to me I was wrong, or have you forgotten? You couldn't stand that I ripped RR's pedestrian speed. Why? It happens to be true. That isn't an opinion but what I state is counter to what your perception of truth is and that upsets you.

Kevin, fortunately, has allowed me to post my honest views here. Many other sites don't want what I'm selling. It's "anti Packers flattering" so it's unwelcome about everywhere. I don't troll as you falsely and self protectingly allege. I already detailed for you why how your board operates is incorrect so lest I be accused of beating that dead horse, although I feel compelled, because you're blustering against the truth I'll just leave it here.

We both know why I don't post on your board and if you want to put that on me that's fine but it's not the truth.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
8 years ago
Not to worry, Troy. I'm not up to posting many novels anymore.

Not because of the site's change, evolution or whatever people call it. I miss this or that poster, but I like the place a lot still. It's still a valuable community for me, more valuable to the one where I work. It's still a destination site.

I just don't have much to say any more. Why? Dunno. Too many brain cells have died as a result of a llfetime of bad habits, early Alzheimer's, bad teeth, who knows?🤷

Plus of course most PH people, new or old, already know of my opinions on the need for OL improvement, domination v. finesse, religion, education, and the whack job species called Politicianus Americanus.

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
nerdmann
8 years ago

Potshot? 68, with all due respect, it was you who passive aggressively named me in your "troll" comment earlier in this thread. What I said about your site I stand firmly behind with no regrets. That is what happened. You want to go revisionist. It was my own doing I got booted. Yup...because I wouldn't go all sugar same which is what you desired. It was fine for your membership to blast my opinions but if I chose to respond I was beating a dead horse. That's laughable. Me man up? Seriously. I could point to our PM's on this very site to that issue. You went bananas over what I typed about Richard Rodgers and was hell bent on proving to me I was wrong, or have you forgotten? You couldn't stand that I ripped RR's pedestrian speed. Why? It happens to be true. That isn't an opinion but what I state is counter to what your perception of truth is and that upsets you.

Kevin, fortunately, has allowed me to post my honest views here. Many other sites don't want what I'm selling. It's "anti Packers flattering" so it's unwelcome about everywhere. I don't troll as you falsely and self protectingly allege. I already detailed for you why how your board operates is incorrect so lest I be accused of beating that dead horse, although I feel compelled, because you're blustering against the truth I'll just leave it here.

We both know why I don't post on your board and if you want to put that on me that's fine but it's not the truth.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

So RR's dad is a coach on the Panthers, from what I hear. He told one of our beat reporters, (McGinn?) at the SB that RR was playing at 270lbs this year.

Dad says he's gonna slim down and improve his speed for next year.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Cheesey
8 years ago
I don't have a problem with people disagreeing with my opinions. What DOES bother me is when they name call. This usually happens when they push over and over their opinions, and can't get me to say how they are right and I'm stupid.
A lot of the time they don't give any real reason why they think they are so right, they just feel they are superior somehow to me.
I don't think I'm any better then anyone else.
I do however have my beliefs, which I came by through by years and years of thought and personal experience .
I used to allow myself to be bullied.
You can't allow a bully to control you.
UserPostedImage
PackerTraxx
8 years ago
About 8-10 years ago I was going on a number of different Packers site. About 8 yeas ago I came across PH. For about the last 7 years this is the only site I go to, other than to get info off the official Packer's site. Off the Packer site you only get info they want you to have, fine for that. I get much more here. Obviously, I believe this is a great site.

There are a number of reasons I come here almost exclusively but most important is the people. Almost all are good people and knowledgeable and passionate Packer fans. Sometime this passion, and sometimes their personality gets overbearing. So I try to understand or ignore that when it happens. Name calling or getting personal has no place on a good forum. My perception is that, that is ignorance trying to express itself at best.

There are quite a few really good posts on this thread which I applauded. If Kevin as ideas to make this site better-great. If we take comments made on the thread to heart it will get better. My only idea is to discuss the way you would with family and friends face to face. That should help-hopefully.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
Zero2Cool
8 years ago
I've only skimmed a good portion of posts (my time is limited and I will read each thoroughly), but I wanted to say those who feel the site is great. THANK YOU. You haven't any idea how much this means to me and how encouraging it is. I admit that a few who constantly label the entire fan base visiting PH have worn on me. I never wanted to be that person who needs "reassurance" he was doing something positive, but I guess it is just nice to see others appreciate the effort that's put into a creation and passion of mine.

Keep the opinions, both good and bad coming. What you like, what you don't like and things in between. Even if said already, it's good to have it said again, regardless of it being positive or negative.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
8 years ago

I've only skimmed a good portion of posts (my time is limited and I will read each thoroughly), but I wanted to say those who feel the site is great. THANK YOU. You haven't any idea how much this means to me and how encouraging it is. I admit that a few who constantly label the entire fan base visiting PH have worn on me. I never wanted to be that person who needs "reassurance" he was doing something positive, but I guess it is just nice to see others appreciate the effort that's put into a creation and passion of mine.

Keep the opinions, both good and bad coming. What you like, what you don't like and things in between. Even if said already, it's good to have it said again, regardless of it being positive or negative.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Well, when guys like dhazer, Dakota and myself hail the site itself as fantastic you truly must be doing something right because are there really any other posters as "negative" as us 3?

Positive and negatives alike can enjoy this site...we won't really get along all that well but we can all be united in this is the best Packers site out there. I should know...I've been banned from most of them! 😁

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."