longtimefan
15 years ago

That first article is what I imagine happened. Thus is why I put more the blame on Ted Thompson . In real life, I don't trust "quiet guys." I just don't. Something's going on in their heads and they're scheming and they won't tell you what they're thinking. I don't like that.

BF on the other hand, he says what's on his mind whether you want to hear it or not. He's a straight shooter. He's a Southerner. He's honest, brutally honest.

I thinkTed Thompsonput Mike McCarthy in a bad spot too. I'd hate to be Mike McCarthy and have to tell BF that he can't come back, then have to have the prewritten script of "I don't want you to tarnish your legacy" crap that you know he was scripted to say. What a load of bull. Joe Montana, please. Use a better example. Montana was awesome on the Chiefs. Took a mediocre team to the CG.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

Ted Thompson is a southern and also a VERY religious man

However neither of those 2 things says he isn't a liar just like saying BF is telling the truth because he is from the south
Trippster
15 years ago

That first article is what I imagine happened. Thus is why I put more the blame on Ted Thompson . In real life, I don't trust "quiet guys." I just don't. Something's going on in their heads and they're scheming and they won't tell you what they're thinking. I don't like that.

BF on the other hand, he says what's on his mind whether you want to hear it or not. He's a straight shooter. He's a Southerner. He's honest, brutally honest.

I thinkTed Thompsonput Mike McCarthy in a bad spot too. I'd hate to be Mike McCarthy and have to tell BF that he can't come back, then have to have the prewritten script of "I don't want you to tarnish your legacy" crap that you know he was scripted to say. What a load of bull. Joe Montana, please. Use a better example. Montana was awesome on the Chiefs. Took a mediocre team to the CG.

"Greg C." wrote:

If Favre is a "straight shooter," please explain these things he said back in April:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/nfl/04/04/favre.denial/index.html 

I've lived in the South, and the people there are no more or less honest than northerners. In fact, many southerners are proud of their ability to feed people a line of crap with a perfectly straight face. And Favre has done that at times, such as in the article above and most famously when he denied that he let Michael Strahan sack him to break that record.

Favre is a "straight shooter" only when it serves his purposes.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

I dont see any lies in there. I see IN APRIL, he felt like he was happy about his decision. He also stated that he had no idea how he will feel in the future. That is what he has always said, "never say never".
"Let Your Light Shine!"
dingus
15 years ago
MM was on the same page as TT, that's why the 6 hour conversation never got past the initial stages cuz BF wasn't able to get over his being "mistreated" by TT. All along Ted Thompson was saying that BF was a huge part of the history of the team, that his contributions were immeasurable, that he was a great player yada yada etc blah blah blah.

The Question, IMHO, was if BF was 100% committed to the TEAM, not just interested in playing on his terms. Mike McCarthy said it w/o saying it, "BF was not in the right mindset to play for the GBP"
blank
Trippster
15 years ago

MM was on the same page as TT, that's why the 6 hour conversation never got past the initial stages cuz BF wasn't able to get over his being "mistreated" by TT. All alongTed Thompsonwas saying that BF was a huge part of the history of the team, that his contributions were immeasurable, that he was a great player yada yada etc blah blah blah.

The Question, IMHO, was if BF was 100% committed to the TEAM, not just interested in playing on his terms. Mike McCarthy said it w/o saying it, "BF was not in the right mindset to play for the GBP"

"dingus" wrote:

So if Brett is lying about TT, then why can't he get past what apparently didn't happen? :cyclopsani:
"Let Your Light Shine!"
longtimefan
15 years ago

MM was on the same page as TT, that's why the 6 hour conversation never got past the initial stages cuz BF wasn't able to get over his being "mistreated" by TT. All alongTed Thompsonwas saying that BF was a huge part of the history of the team, that his contributions were immeasurable, that he was a great player yada yada etc blah blah blah.

"Trippster" wrote:

So if Brett is lying about TT, then why can't he get past what apparently didn't happen? :cyclopsani:

"dingus" wrote:

Has Brett or anyone else laid out what happened in that 6 hour meeting?

cuz I think there is a TON of un told truths from that
dingus
15 years ago
LTF, I agree, there was much more to the meeting, I over simplified. But Mike McCarthy 's main (Only) point he was willing to make in his "post meeting" presser was that they were not getting past the bad blood.

zombie- I don't recall saying that BF ws lying. I think BF has turned into a prima donna and thinks he's above the team. Ted Thompson didn't fetch like shermy and he couldn't handle it so he turns Ted Thompson 's non-action on his requests into something else.After all, BF was the QB, not a scout or management type. Strap it on, shut up and play football, that's what he was paid (handsomely) to do.
blank
longtimefan
15 years ago

LTF, I agree, there was much more to the meeting, I over simplified. But Mike McCarthy 's main (Only) point he was willing to make in his "post meeting" presser was that they were not getting past the bad blood.

"dingus" wrote:

That is exactly what Gary Ellerson said on WSSP..His source ( which I believe is a coach) stated that Brett could not stop bashing Ted Thompson during their metting..

Hence why Brett was not in the "right mind set"
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
I can't stand Ted either. After a few years of reading and listening and watching his conferences. I think he's a fucktard.

I'd still rather him the GM over someone else though.
UserPostedImage
CDNRodgersfan
15 years ago
[quote="evad04"]

Here's a question you might ask yourself: is ANYTHING in REAL LIFE THAT BLACK AND WHITE?

A holstein cow? :thumbleft:
Sorry I'm laughing anyway since Zero used the word fuktard :icon_smile:
Trippster
15 years ago
So, back to my question.

What is it that brett believes so strongly that Ted Thompson did wrong? it is not the lies before, it was whateve has happened since he decided to come back. He has to believe in his heart that Ted Thompson lied to the press about Brett regarding something that would make him boil that much.
"Let Your Light Shine!"
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (4h) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
beast (3-Apr) : Using Patterson as RB and RB/WR tweener... so I think they also signed Patterson as a 3rd down RB, not just a kick returner as articles are
beast (3-Apr) : I think PFT missed the real Steelers/Patterson connection, Steelers new OC Arthur Smith has been Patterson's head coach the last 3 years
wpr (2-Apr) : It has Martha. I was stunned when I was in HS to learn Iowa was still playing half court BB in the 70's.
Martha Careful (2-Apr) : Caitlin Clark, Angel Reese...women's sports has come a long way. GREAT TO SEE!!
Martha Careful (31-Mar) : Happy Easter everyone. I hope you all have a great day.
dfosterf (28-Mar) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (28-Mar) : Yes
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : No.
Mucky Tundra (28-Mar) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (28-Mar) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : They do not do it for "content sake".
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
9m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17h / Random Babble / Martha Careful

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

10-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

8-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

5-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

5-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.