Cheesey
7 years ago
I'd applaud you 100 times over if I could, Zero. Drafts picks are just that, picks. They have NO proof that they will EVER pan out. Look at how many "can't miss" number one picks have crashed and burned over the years.
With Rodgers, we HAVE a proven top notch QB. Who hopefully has another 5 or so years left of high level play.
A known great who is still young enough and a proven leader for a bunch of "maybe's?"
No thank you!
UserPostedImage
Porforis
7 years ago

As if we needed more evidence as to why you, your friend and Porforis will never sniff the Front Office of any professional football team.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Because I'm completely unqualified and I'm just a fan talking out of my ass? šŸ˜
Cheesey
7 years ago
I don't think ANY of us here would be qualified to be a NFL GM.
There are only 32 of them in the world, and it's not an easy job to attain. (Even harder to hold on to)
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
7 years ago

I don't think ANY of us here would be qualified to be a NFL GM.
There are only 32 of them in the world, and it's not an easy job to attain. (Even harder to hold on to)

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Ah, excuse me? I have the Madden credentials that date back to '92 thank you much! Franchise Mode beasting it up!!!
UserPostedImage
TheKanataThrilla
7 years ago
I think I could be the GM for the Cleveland Browns. Not like I could mess it up any more than it is.
dhazer
7 years ago

As if we needed more evidence as to why you, your friend and Porforis will never sniff the Front Office of any professional football team.

Here's a tip! Draft picks do not win Super Bowls. Elite Quarterbacks do! Get that through your melon and appreciate what fortunes we have as Packers fans!

damn kids these days

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

i agree with the likes ok trent dilfer, brad johnson, joe flacco,eli manning. your talking about those elites right? defense wins championships
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be šŸ™‚ (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
7 years ago
This deal reminds me of three things

The movie Draft Day but in the end that is fantasy and it is Seattle that gets stuck.

John Hadl. That deal burred GB for years. Do I ever wish it would happen to LA too but they will pick up a player with more skill and potential than Hadl had at that point in his career.

Ditka trades it all for Ricky Williams then NO dumps Ditka and gets two #1s when they pawn him off on Miami.
UserPostedImage
TheKanataThrilla
7 years ago
Does anyone else think it is weird that LA is hosting both Goff and Wentz to tryouts? Is this the NFL telling them to keep people guessing to keep up the entertainment factor? If I just sold the farm you better be sure I know who I just did that for.
Zero2Cool
7 years ago

Does anyone else think it is weird that LA is hosting both Goff and Wentz to tryouts? Is this the NFL telling them to keep people guessing to keep up the entertainment factor? If I just sold the farm you better be sure I know who I just did that for.

Originally Posted by: TheKanataThrilla 

The Rams know who they want, but they are going through the process because the NFL doesn't want their big ticket for the big show to be ruined. The NFL has also told the networks to not disclose the picks prior to the Commissioner speaking the names. I would rather it like that, personally. The NFL Honors thing was completely ruined for me. I noticed a few things on Twitter and thought it was on ESPN (I have only over the air) so I thought I was missing it. And then about 40 minutes later I find it on TV and already knew the winners.

Could the Rams change their mind? Of course, but when they pulled the trigger for the trade, they had one guy locked. Basing this statement off what their GM said that they "obviously" have a leader in the clubhouse.
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
7 years ago

i agree with the likes ok trent dilfer, brad johnson, joe flacco,eli manning. your talking about those elites right? defense wins championships

Originally Posted by: dhazer 

About 5 elite players, mixed with 5 really good players on defense gets you somewhere. One single elite QB keeps you in contention year in year out.

The only way I'd go through with trading Rodgers at this point, is if the coaching staff is 100% certain that Hundley is the real deal.

Out of all the guys you mentioned, only Dilfer consistently sucked, even in his Super Bowl year. Trading away Rodgers, getting a boatload of picks and then having to go with a guy like Bryan Hoyer still has a rather high possiblity of backfiring.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (2h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (3h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (13h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (20h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (21h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (22h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? šŸ„ŗ I think that means you missed more than half of them šŸ˜¢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead šŸ¤Ŗ
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright Ā© 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.comā„¢. All Rights Reserved.