nerdmann
7 years ago

Try thinking about this in terms of your own job and a client, or even member of the public that's not a client saying something stupid. Would it be dumb of you, if you were a highly visible member of your company, to publicly call out said member of the public?

Do you have the right to? Yes, assuming your company doesn't have a policy against said things that you signed a contract on.

SHOULD you, and are you being dumb if you're not mindful of when and how you're exercising your right?

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

It's not even THAT he called the dude out. It's how bitchy he was in doing so.

To me, that goes to his overall diva attitude.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
7 years ago

Try thinking about this in terms of your own job and a client, or even member of the public that's not a client saying something stupid. Would it be dumb of you, if you were a highly visible member of your company, to publicly call out said member of the public?

Do you have the right to? Yes, assuming your company doesn't have a policy against said things that you signed a contract on.

SHOULD you, and are you being dumb if you're not mindful of when and how you're exercising your right?

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

Point well taken.
But keep in mind Rodgers is a 32 yo kid. He isn't held to the same standard as the CEO of Fortune 500.

Next it was Twitter and those types of comments are considered normal and more or less non threatening.

I don't see Aaron Rodgers as being mean or petty. If he called him on the phone, if he confronted him on the street even if he would have wrote a letter to the editor it would be different.

Finally social media for better or worse has redefined our society's paradigm in the area of communication. Even our sitting President tweets.

Being witty is considered to be a part of it. If Aaron had written the words instead of posting the picture I would have considered him to be more aggressive.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
7 years ago
Someone says Packers Aaron Rodgers is ruining the game. They infer the hard-count tactic is unprofessional, childish.
UserPostedImage

Aaron Rodgers responded.

Aaron Rodgers really HIT that person back hard! I mean, O. M. G! How is that guy going to SLEEP? What if he has CHILDREN? I mean, COME ON, did you see how mean Aaron Rodgers was to him? Let's boycott the Packers because Aaron Rodgers responded to someone via Twitter. The horror!!! I mean, what if YOU or I did that in OUR profession because that is so comparable!!!!

No, it is not comparable at all unless you add numerous conditions, which then in turn makes it ... NOT THE SAME DAMN THING!!
UserPostedImage
sschind
7 years ago
I get what Nerd is saying but I don't quite feel as strongly as he does. My advice to Aaron would have been to not say anything about it and it would have been forgotten. If he felt he needed to respond I would have suggested something like "We do what we need to do within the rules to win each and every game. We all have our opinions and not everyone agrees. We can't please everyone."

I would have preferred he not responded the way he did but then I'm not a big fan of Aaron Rodgers (other than what he does for the Packers on the field) so I really don't care. I do think he has a rather inflated opinion of himself but his performance on the field, last season not withstanding, backs it up so like the old saying goes "it ain't bragging if you can back it up"

That said I really don't care that he answered like he did. It doesn't change my opinion of him one bit one way or the other. In some respects I get it. A fan is dogging him and he responds, its an honest response and like others have said isn't that what we want from our heroes? Honesty? In other respects it does make him seem petty. People say stupid things. You know its stupid and 99% of the rest of the people think its stupid so let it go. The rest of the fans will have your back.

Its not like is two players trash talking. Professional athletes probably should be above this sort of thing though when it comes to the fans. Its like a fan heckiling you at the game , you don't whip him the bird when you walk off the field. I doubt this guy will stop being a Packer fan, although I'd be willing to bet he doesn't particularly care for Aaron Rodgers now that he was made to look like an idiot.
Zero2Cool
7 years ago

I doubt this guy will stop being a Packer fan, although I'd be willing to bet he doesn't particularly care for Aaron Rodgers now that he was made to look like an idiot.

Originally Posted by: sschind 

I'm sorry, did Aaron Rodgers hold a gun to the persons head who wrote this? Forcing him to write it? Forcing him to send it to the editor? Forcing him to claim that someone who takes immense pride in his craft is RUINING the game he loves?
UserPostedImage

Before we say Aaron Rodgers made him look like an idiot, how about we hold the person accountable who, you know .... wrote the editor?!? How do we know this reaction hasn't made Mr. Klatt laugh? Maybe he wrote this for the sake of writing it and he got the attention he hoped?

Bottom line here, the guy has an against the grain train of thought, that's it. The world is better because of people like him and others who think outside the box.
UserPostedImage
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
7 years ago
I find it interesting that no one has any sympathy for the letter writer's position.

Except me.

Again. Oh well.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Zero2Cool
7 years ago

I find it interesting that no one has any sympathy for the letter writer's position.

Except me.

Again. Oh well.

Originally Posted by: Wade 

Sympathy? No. I do understand where he is coming from and I think the pass interference penalties are more damaging to the game than tricking a player into jumping off sides. If you're only smart enough to play Checkers, get the hell away from the Chess board, lol.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
7 years ago
I don't think Rodger's response was "bitchy" at all. He was just saying what he believes.
If the guy that wrote what I also feel was a stupid point, why is it wrong for Rodgers to say it was stupid?
He didn't curse the guy out, he just said HIS own stand on it.
And the results on the field are what counts. As long as what you are doing is within the rules, you should use whatever it takes to gain an edge.
Rodgers has made a lot of first downs and big plays doing what he does so well. And it's NOT like the other teams don't know he's capable of doing it, right? He has a track history of pulling it off several times each year. So why does that some how make him less of a great QB?

If Klatt made some GOOD reasons for not doing it, just that HE thinks it's unprofessional, then he'd have a stronger leg to stand on.
Could it be as some said, and he just wanted to see if he could get in the paper?
Or maybe he's just a mad old guy, you know, like the one that yells to kids "Stay off my lawn!"

I don't know if he was serious or not. If he was, I'd LOVE to have a discussion with him and try to see how he came to his conclusion.
That's the sad part. We can't have a back and forth to try to see what he's thinking.
UserPostedImage
sschind
7 years ago

I'm sorry, did Aaron Rodgers hold a gun to the persons head who wrote this? Forcing him to write it? Forcing him to send it to the editor? Forcing him to claim that someone who takes immense pride in his craft is RUINING the game he loves?
UserPostedImage

Before we say Aaron Rodgers made him look like an idiot, how about we hold the person accountable who, you know .... wrote the editor?!? How do we know this reaction hasn't made Mr. Klatt laugh? Maybe he wrote this for the sake of writing it and he got the attention he hoped?

Bottom line here, the guy has an against the grain train of thought, that's it. The world is better because of people like him and others who think outside the box.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

OK, Aaron Rodgers made him look like an even bigger idiot than he made himself look. Is that better.

The guy made a stupid comment (my opinion shared by many others) and Aaron called him on it. I bet he NEVER expected a response like that and yes, when someone posts a comment like that about you it does make you look like an idiot. It may make Rodgers look worse in some peoples eyes but Mr. Klat sure took one to the gut.

Why stop with trying to get people to jump offsides. Why call a timeout at a critical juncture of the game. If you can't gain a yard without having to call a timeout to discuss it why play at all. Why substitute players. If your starting 11 can't get the job done why play at all. I could go on and on (you've read my posts, you know I could)

Just because the guy has an against the grain thought does not mean its a good thought. Sometimes out of the box is not a good thing.

Zero2Cool
7 years ago

Just because the guy has an against the grain thought does not mean its a good thought. Sometimes out of the box is not a good thing.

Originally Posted by: sschind 

Who was hurt by his thought? Where is the bruise? Did someone need a band-aid? Surgery?

Outside the box thinking is always a good thing. Never, EVER, is thinking NOT a good thing! Unless you're wiping your ass. Don't think about that, it is just ... no, don't think about it. STOP IT!!!
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (7h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (7h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.