Smokey
  • Smokey
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
7 years ago
The current player roster stands at 90 players . With training camp just around the corner , the competition should be keen this year for many positions .

IMO, CB will be the most competitive.

[cheers]

UserPostedImage
beast
7 years ago

IMO, CB will be the most competitive.

Originally Posted by: Smokey 

I'm thinking WR will be the most competitive. But CB could also be way up there too... but with Goodson suspended, I have NO clue who's going to be the 5th or 6th CBs. Also back-up TE, OG, DL, OLB could get interesting.

UserPostedImage
DakotaT
7 years ago

I'm thinking WR will be the most competitive. But CB could also be way up there too... but with Goodson suspended, I have NO clue who's going to be the 5th or 6th CBs. Also back-up TE, OG, DL, OLB could get interesting.

Originally Posted by: beast 

Goodson just might be better than Rollins and Randall. I think Sam Shields might be on his last contract with Green Bay, and I've always liked Sam Shields.

I wish our linebacker coaches were in the same league as our DB coaches.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
7 years ago

Goodson just might be better than Rollins and Randall. I think Sam Shields might be on his last contract with Green Bay, and I've always liked Sam Shields.

I wish our linebacker coaches were in the same league as our DB coaches.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

Demetri 'garbage ass shit' Goodson just might be better than Damarious Randall and Quinten Rollins? Oh, you're new to the game of football.

Goodson 0 INT, 0 TD, 1 pass defense, 8 tackles. TWO SEASONS!!! Great asset there!
Rollins 2 INT, 1 TD, 6 pass defensed, 1 sack and 24 tackles. ONE SEASON, ROOKIE.
Randall 3 INT, 1 TD, 14 pass defensed, 51 tackles. ONE SEASON, ROOKIE.

Yeah, Goodson just might be better than Rollins and Randall and Scarlett Johanson just might get a divorce and come running into my arms with intense lust for my jolly flesh rocket too!

Sit down son, let the grown ups talk while you do some listening and learning.
UserPostedImage
Smokey
  • Smokey
7 years ago

Demetri 'garbage ass shit' Goodson just might be better than Damarious Randall and Quinten Rollins? Oh, you're new to the game of football.

Goodson 0 INT, 0 TD, 1 pass defense, 8 tackles. TWO SEASONS!!! Great asset there!
Rollins 2 INT, 1 TD, 6 pass defensed, 1 sack and 24 tackles. ONE SEASON, ROOKIE.

Yeah, Goodson just might be better than Rollins and Randall and Scarlett Johanson just might get a divorce and come running into my arms with intense lust for my jolly flesh rocket too!

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Why do you attack other posters like this ? DakotaT 's opinions , right or wrong , don't deserve to be trashed as you did . Debate , disagree , state your point of view , but please don't personally attack other posters. This was your rule and such post do not reflect well upon you or this forum .

[cheers]

UserPostedImage
DakotaT
7 years ago

I got my names mixed up - LaDarius Gunter is the corner with huge upside.

For the person disciplining people for conduct against other posters, you sure can be a snarky little bitch. Just sayin!
UserPostedImage
beast
7 years ago

For the person disciplining people for conduct against other posters, you sure can be a snarky little bitch. Just sayin!

I'll be honest, when I read "Goodson just might be better than Rollins and Randall." My thoughts went to "what in the hell is he thinking!?!?!" ... But when reading Zero's following post it came to me... "OHHHH he probably meant Gunter"

Anyways, I have Gunter in the top 4 CBs with the others. I think Gunter is #4 as of the start of the season, but I've always compared him to Al Harris because like Harris, I think Gunter is a one type CB and will have to become an expert at bump and run coverage to make it as a starting NFL CB and that takes time... Tramon Williams too, but I feel like Gunter is closer to Harris for some reason (they seem more physical than Tramon to me, maybe?) Either way it seem to take bump and run corners a couple of years to master it before being able to successfully & consistently do it at the NFL level. I don't think Gunter is as versatile as Randall and Rollins but like Harris and Williams, I feel like he could master the outside bump and run and someday shutdown WRs that can't handle a very good bump and run style as well as use those long arms to get in passing lanes.

As for Goodson, I think he'll make it on the roster for ST reasons, but he's suspended the first four games. And the Packers have always kept 6 CBs on hand... so I'm wondering who'll step up as the 5th and possibly 6th guys for the start of the season. (If a Safety steps it up, Hyde may give them some versatility as he can play a slot/nickel CB as well).

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
7 years ago

Ah, now that I can definitely understand. I really thought you lost your marbles, my bad. But damn Goodson is just garbage man lol. I have liked what I seen from Gunter. Why didn't he get drafted? I think he'll be our fourth Cornerback behind Shields, Randall and Rollins.

As for the last part. Please read. I'm out.
http://www.packershome.com/forum/posts/t24730-Stepping-Down 

I respect everyone until they earn the snarky bitch treatment.
UserPostedImage
beast
7 years ago

But damn Goodson is just garbage man lol. I have liked what I seen from Gunter. Why didn't he get drafted?

I'm not really a Goodson fan, but he was forced into action once and surprised me as he did better than I thought he would. If I remember correctly, it looked like the WR had him a couple of times but he timed it perfectly to jumped/got a hand up to knock the ball away. I thought he was just lucky but the other team was targeting him and he repeated it a couple of times (at least 3 I believe). So that made me believe he's got some more potential there than I thought. But I still believe he's mainly going to be a STer that might be a long term back-up and might be decent when pressed into DB action.

I don't know why Gunter did not get drafted, but from the sounds of it, he had extremely inconsistent game tape and extremely slow 40 time which probably were huge factors. I heard or read one report that he did not interview well either, which normally I blow up as hearsay but the kid did go undrafted when many thought a bump and run team would be sure to draft him. Also it sounded like teams thought he was a tweener between CB and SS with no true natural fit. But honestly I have wondered how he might handle bump and run with TEs... especially the slower ones.
UserPostedImage
Smokey
  • Smokey
7 years ago

It must be terribly easy and safe for you to post such things . I seriously doubt that you would have the guts to stand toe to toe with anyone and wispier the same things. No one ever got live in my face and disrespected me like that and did not end up wearing their ass for a hat. So you be real brave and safe where you are tough guy .
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (1h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (2h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (5h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (6h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (16h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (23h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.