buckeyepackfan
7 years ago
Not to get off topic.

I am curious when a wr drafted by The Packers that was cut didn't end up on The Packers practice squad?

Davis is a 5th round pick.

Most teams would rather sign their players to their practice squad at the beginning of the year

The 7 all stay healthy, I'm betting Davis will be the last cut and will clear waivers then signed by The Packers to the practice squad.

Once he is there The Packers can pay him whatever it takes not to jump to another team.
Still not convinced Ty Montgomery will be ready for opening day.

These things always seem to work themselves out.

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
beast
7 years ago

Not to get off topic.

I am curious when a wr drafted by The Packers that was cut didn't end up on The Packers practice squad?

Davis is a 5th round pick.

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

I want to say, 4th rounder, Cory Rodgers in 2006 and 5th rounder David Clowney in 2007.

But 2013, the Packers drafted Charles Johnson in the 7th round, after being cut he lasted on the practice squad a full month before the Browns signed him off.

I think the Packers will think about keeping 7 WRs, but when it comes down to it... unless they can offer enough ST value then the numbers probably don't add up... of course Janis ST skills and the returning skills... but some others will need to be able to step up and play TE/FB role on STs as well which I just don't see.

If everyone is fully healthy, then I see Davis as the 7th guy as the others (should) know all the routes and what they're doing already (other than maybe Monty, but he has too much potential talent to straight cut).

UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
7 years ago

I know you've been saying it is impossible that the Green Bay Packers keep seven wide receivers. I think it is possible and wouldn't be surprised to see it happen. I just don't know how anyone can say a team that kept 5 TE's is impossible to keep 7 WR's especially after what happened last season to the WR group. I think it is a possibility.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

You are impossible. FINE. Be that way. Just remember you get all bent out of shape when you say other members put words in your mouth.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
7 years ago

You are impossible. FINE. Be that way. Just remember you get all bent out of shape when you say other members put words in your mouth.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

[bdance]
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
7 years ago
Keep all seven, and throw in some 5 wide out formations. Can you imagine sending a few of them in motion and getting Jordy on a 4th or 5th DB. I like the speed of Davis and Janis. Out of the 7, my least favorite is Adams.
UserPostedImage
nyrpack
7 years ago
i think it will be 6 , but theres gonna be alot of competition for spots 5-6,

jordy, cobb, adams and monty are the only locks !!
jimmy b.
nerdmann
7 years ago

Originally Posted by: nyrpack 

I regard Janis as a lock, because of his work as a gunner on ST. Abby is a very underrated PR, but Trevor Davis might be able to do that too. We've got guys who can field punts, so it's not quite as crucial as it has been in the past.

Abby's a great route runner though. Mike values that. Aaron too.

Then again, they probly won't PS Davis, because of his speed.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Cheesey
7 years ago
I think with what happened last season, keeping as many as they can would be the smart move.
But that's just me.
UserPostedImage
PackerTraxx
7 years ago

Originally Posted by: nyrpack 

If Adams doesn't play better than last year I don't think he is a lock. JMHO I hope he breaks out as I like him but he has to pick it up or he could be passed up.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (6h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (6h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.