nerdmann
7 years ago

Love the name.
It reminds me of a cross between Alvin Chipmunk and Rocky J. Squirrel.
Dude needs a tshirt like that.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Squirewell played Dline in college, but he's switching to FB for the pros. I saw a clip where he got the ball in college, dude can move his feet. Big dude, I really like him, but he's gonna need to learn a new position at the highest level. Definitely a project, but if he can learn to pick up pass pro, he could be very solid.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
nerdmann
7 years ago
BTW I thought Marquise Williams looked great out there, although Callahan didn't disappoint either. And what's up with Christian Ringo making a big play!? Even Backman got in on the action.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Smokey
  • Smokey
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
7 years ago
I can't comment on the Packers play vs Cleveland . I tried to view it in this forums "Chat" , but with even 6 months to be prepared , they weren't . Perhaps we will not be let down again when GB plays Oakland . I hope so as some of us don't have all the resources that others enjoy and must depend on others to come through .

I was angry, frustrated, and disappointed with not being able to view the Cleveland game that I've been so anxious to see , but now all I can do is hope that the problems get fixed before the Oakland game .

[cheers] [cheers] [cheers]
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
7 years ago

I tried to view it in this forums "Chat" , but with even 6 months to be prepared , they weren't .

Originally Posted by: Smokey 

Even with six months to be prepared, they weren't? You wanna explain this line please? Thank you.

Because it comes off as if you're saying PH had six months to do something and failed to be prepared to give you something for free that you do nothing to earn whatsoever. And you should know that PH has several daughters that PH is caring for solely on PH's own and that PH is extremely pissed off that PH lives in Green Bay and couldn't even watch the damn game PH'self.

How about you just be grateful and not a whiny ass about not getting something for FREE.

Yes, PH is still salty as hell that PH couldn't watch the Packers game and lives in Green freaking Bay where the game was played.
UserPostedImage
DarkaneRules
7 years ago
This game set up some wonderful battles for the remaining time in training camp. I was happy to see Carl Bradford make a couple plays. His counterpart Brown also looked aware and active. Ringo will have more opportunities to take Pennel's place for at least the beginning of the season. I'm also continuing to look at #96 Price to see what he can do with more reps on the defensive line.

Special teams was a big story coming out of the game. The punting competition is getting good y'all! My question: Who will take the place of Janis as this team's gunner...
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Cheesey
7 years ago
That punter from Green Bay Wisconsin
looked pretty darn good.
Lacy ran hard, but he still looked "fat" to me. How did you guys see him?
But THREE safeties in the game??? I never remember seeing that many in one game.
Of course it's preseason and all newbies.
UserPostedImage
Barfarn
7 years ago
Cook looked indecisive on his blocking assignments and did not do very well. This is not totally unexpected given he's a new player that has missed some practice. Didn't see him get a chance to open it up; but in the short area receiving work he did, it looked like his foot was feeling good. Cook showed his good hands and a good catch radius; his past drops are 100% about focus. Given the new playbook and lack of practice his catch focus was superb. There was no hint of juggle, his catches were fluid looking and definitive.

Rodgers blocked well, he dominated Orchard a few times.

One starting ILB is established [if this game makes the determination-which it does not]: Joe Thomas. He showed downhill thump that we have not seen since Bishop. He was solid in coverage [though was pulled in dime, leaving Martinez on field]. He did one blitz at 9:22 2Q around right end and popped the RB back and had a path to QB, but QB got rid of ball too fast for pressure.

It was interesting that Lowry started at 5 tech and Guion at NT; instead of Guion at 5 tech and Clark at NT. Lowry got a little push on the Browns starters not a bad start.

Martinez looked good. One play his roll was to blitz if RB blocked; the RB blocked and Martinez rushed, then the RB released and Martinez read, reacted and covered beautifully. The play before he covered the RB lined up in slot like a glove. On the missed tackle play, he crashed his gap and then read and reacted beautifully when RB bounced outside. McCrary did not hold his gap; but Martinez shed a block efficiently and ran over to McCrary's gap to make the stop at about 2 yards; this was an excellent play, except he missed the tackle.

One play Martinez blitzed and got a pressure and of course the announcer were all over singing his praises. But Irving let him through, it was a screen. The guy who also was let through but recognized the screen was Clark, he stopped and covered the RB so RG3 grounded the ball. Clark did not do much; but considering this play was in 1st Q of his 1st game and about his 3rd or 4th snap I cant believe Clark's eyes didn't light up when he beat Bitanio and had a clear path to RG3. Clark showed INCREDIBLE poise and discipline on this play. If Clark excels on the physical side of the game, he could become a special player, a Daniels plus player.

Thomas on this play was on the cross dog with Martinez; and like Clark, he recognized that Lowry and Martinez had all the pressure necessary and he stopped his blitz and moved to cover the screen like Clark.

On Clark's only tackle, he held his ground and shed a double team against 2 good back-ups [C Gerhardt in league 4 years, played 2 years on GB PS and was active for 2 reg seasons games and RG Pasztor is a 4 yr player who started 27 games! He started this game for Clev at RT] dove and made a solid tackle.

Brice had 3 special teams tackles and looked like Burnett holding the edge and making a TFL. At 1:58, 1 Q he was in halves coverage and did a nice job getting to sideline covering a deep out on WR that got behind Gunter and at 3Q 5:52 he got to he sideline quick again playing in halves. At 9:23 in 2nd he tracked Mostart in flat nicely when he saw the pass coming to him he exploded toward Mostart, who dropped the ball prior to any contact. Brice did a nice job pulling up and putting his arms out like a cross and bumping Mostart to ground with his chest. I think Brice could have avoided the collision and certainly good have hit him with less force; but this was very physical and the perfect amount of controlled aggressiveness.. On the TD pass called back because McCown was over LOS, Brice started coverage in halves and I cant see this development on TV but it looks as if after the snap they rolled into Brice playing a single high. If so, Brice failed badly by letting the TE get behind him. But Whitehead at other safety spot looked in no man's land, so it may have been Whitehead side of field to cover deep and he blew his assignment. If so, Brice did a real nice job seeing the missed assignment and did his best to mitigate the damage by trying to cover a guy on Whitehead's side of the field. So I think i was a bad play; but it might have been a heads-up play.

Bachman's blocking was tentative and ineffective. On the Crockett TD when Bachman ran his route he collided with his guy and Crock's guy, it looked accidental, but if it looked intentional it'd be a penalty. So gotta call it a perfect rub play for Backman.

Perillo's blocking was a bit better than Bachman and Cook; 2-3-4 times he stuck one arm out and put it on the guy he was blocking; he better stop this or he'll get a serious shoulder, or arm injury.

Spriggs looked great pass blocking against 2 decent scrubs, Mingo and Nassib. One play Mingo threw him down like Spriggs weighed 50 lbs.

Patrick played well at both RG and LG especially with a club on hand.

Burks looks quick and has "it" on setting up guys for his cuts, also he delivered a punch when being tackled usually falling forward for that extra yard. He also caught the ball effortlessly. 1:54 2Q he picked up a blitz on Cam Johnson [4 yr player that played a handful of defensive snaps in 15 games playing mostly on STs]. Burks could not anchor and Johnson drove him right into Callahan who still got enough on throw to complete it to Abby. Burks heart was willing but he must do better to make the 53.

Of the young UDFA CBs I thought Daniel tracked the best.
beast
7 years ago

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Honestly, I'm not sure I want to see a skinny Lacy... I think if he looks skinny then he'll be less effective at bouncing off guys and keeping his legs moving. I think Lacy will always look plump and that's alright. But there is a difference between being plump, in good shape and light on your feet with good recovery and being plump and out of shape and heavy with your feet.

But THREE safeties in the game??? I never remember seeing that many in one game.

Well the game is changing and more teams are trying to get more physical DBs onto the field for coverage reasons, the Cards and Rams both have turned a Safety into a full time LB... and that could be the end path for Burnett as well, if he starts to slow down or if another Safety is able to pick it up enough to allow him to roam to different places.

It was interesting that Lowry started at 5 tech and Guion at NT; instead of Guion at 5 tech and Clark at NT. Lowry got a little push on the Browns starters not a bad start

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

If I remember correctly, they had Guion attempting to play the 5 tech at the start of last year... and he sucked at it. So I think the choice is between Clark and Lowry starting at the 5 tech, and it's a natural position for Lowry, so they're trying to get him to grow into it now, while asking Clark to grow into the 1 and 3 tech right now.

Brice had 3 special teams tackles and looked like Burnett holding the edge and making a TFL. At 1:58, 1 Q he was in halves coverage and did a nice job getting to sideline covering a deep out on WR that got behind Gunter and at 3Q 5:52 he got to he sideline quick again playing in halves. At 9:23 in 2nd he tracked Mostart in flat nicely when he saw the pass coming to him he exploded toward Mostart, who dropped the ball prior to any contact. Brice did a nice job pulling up and putting his arms out like a cross and bumping Mostart to ground with his chest. I think Brice could have avoided the collision and certainly good have hit him with less force; but this was very physical and the perfect amount of controlled aggressiveness.. On the TD pass called back because McCown was over LOS, Brice started coverage in halves and I cant see this development on TV but it looks as if after the snap they rolled into Brice playing a single high. If so, Brice failed badly by letting the TE get behind him. But Whitehead at other safety spot looked in no man's land, so it may have been Whitehead side of field to cover deep and he blew his assignment. If so, Brice did a real nice job seeing the missed assignment and did his best to mitigate the damage by trying to cover a guy on Whitehead's side of the field. So I think i was a bad play; but it might have been a heads-up play.

Patrick played well at both RG and LG especially with a club on hand.

Burks looks quick and has "it" on setting up guys for his cuts, also he delivered a punch when being tackled usually falling forward for that extra yard. He also caught the ball effortlessly. 1:54 2Q he picked up a blitz on Cam Johnson [4 yr player that played a handful of defensive snaps in 15 games playing mostly on STs]. Burks could not anchor and Johnson drove him right into Callahan who still got enough on throw to complete it to Abby. Burks heart was willing but he must do better to make the 53.

Of the young UDFA CBs I thought Daniel tracked the best.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

Thanks for the breakdown... though on not knowing if Brice made a good play or bad play based on what Whitehead's assignment was... reminded me of a play where we saw SS Bigby failing at an attempt to chase down a WR... everyone blamed Bigby for being so darn slow and unable to do his job... but really it came out later that Nick Collins very BADLY blew a zone assignment (after getting caught up on a single WR instead of a zone) and Bigby saw this and made a GREAT effort to get over to the play, just couldn't quite get there. Those plays are extremely hard to tell, unless you know the call and/or what players were suppose to do.
UserPostedImage
musccy
7 years ago

That punter from Green Bay Wisconsin
looked pretty darn good.

SHHHHH, don't let Z2C read your fat comment! 🙂 I'm with you, though, if he lost weight, it must have been in his feet or hands. He's still pretty rotund and looked awfully winded coming to the SL after just 4 plays.

Motrell wasn't too bad. His onside was woefully short, although I suppose it worked. Nice directional to the 5, had another 63, I believe.

Too much to comment on Barfarn's analysis, although I agree, Thomas seemed to find some umph over the offseason. Carl "hair on fire" caught my attention too.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (13h) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (13h) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (14h) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (14h) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (15h) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

11h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.