uffda udfa
7 years ago
Living in Texas, and being preoccupied with my family, I haven't heard much about the reaction in WI to Aaron saying he cut dairy from his diet for health reasons. What a slight on "America's Dairyland" to basically say: Dairy is bad for you. The highest profile Wisconsinite (albeit part time) comes out and eschews eating the product your entire state's economy is based off of? Hmmm.

I realize Cali, where he's from, is also a huge dairy state, but Wisconsin takes pride in being known as the dairy state and to have your most recognizable resident come out and basically cast aspersions on your meal ticket, that had to be tough for some to swallow. I almost thought, perhaps, he was slamming the state, but then considered Cali where he loves it is also a huge dairy producer.

Finally, Rodgers seems to be misguided as to cutting dairy from his diet being helpful to his longevity. How dare he slam America's Dairyland and be dead wrong while doing so! Milk... it does a body good!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/brucelee/2016/07/03/aaron-rodgers-is-cutting-dairy-from-his-diet-should-you/#151439212aaf 
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

DarkaneRules
7 years ago
Milk is unnecessary after we're nursed from our moms. I think he said he is lactose intolerant too so there's that. I haven't cut dairy out of my diet though, but I'd love to. I prefer almond milk over cow milk and use it for my protein shakes. Very tasty.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
isocleas2
7 years ago
Its also a rather recent genetic adaptation that lets some humans process dairy, if you have eastern Asian heritage you have a pretty good chance of being lactose intolerant because many of the regions never relied on dairy in their diet.

Some people who cut dairy find they get sick when they try to add it back in, I was overseas a lot for 6 months and didn't eat/drink dairy often and when I came back to the States it took awhile before I was fully comfortable with it. Some people can become lactose intolerant just from a simple stomach bug, your body changes to no longer accept dairy.

So while I have milk/cheese/yogurt in the fridge atm I don't fault people for giving it up.
uffda udfa
7 years ago

Milk is unnecessary after we're nursed from our moms. I think he said he is lactose intolerant too so there's that. I haven't cut dairy out of my diet though, but I'd love to. I prefer almond milk over cow milk and use it for my protein shakes. Very tasty.

Originally Posted by: DarkaneRules 

Not sure about the first statement, but completely agree with your last. Almond milk is tremendous. However, for those reading who have never tried it, don't get the "unsweetened". That's like the difference between chocolate and unsweetened chocolate. HATE unsweetened almond milk, which is fine for smoothies and protein shakes but for just plain drinking, sweetened almond milk, vanilla, or chocolate, is fantastic.

I still can't believe Rodgers would come out and say this knowing where he plays football. Would've been better left unsaid. Nobody needs to know he cut out dairy. The state of WI would've been much the better for it if he hadn't. He's smarter than that so it makes me wonder if it wasn't a shot at the state.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

beast
7 years ago

I think he said he is lactose intolerant too so there's that.

Originally Posted by: DarkaneRules 

Yeah I think that is a game changer. If someone body is physically intolerant to something, then cutting it out makes perfect sense. It's like someone with a nut allergy cutting out nuts... it's a smart move. As far as going public with it, if someone is just being themselves and telling the truth (especially without being rude) then that shouldn't be a problem.

I could be wrong, but Rodgers never directly marketed Wisconsin dairy products, did he?

Rodgers has been changing his diet to help himself live better (which hopefully leads to him playing better too). Like Rodgers used to do ads for Pizza Hut... then when he decided to get a better diet, he cut pizza and pizza ads off.

In a post draft interview OT Kyle Murphy talked about how he was excited that he and his college teammate LB Blake Martinez (both of Stanford) were drafted to the Packers together. Murphy talked about how, he wasn't sure if Blake would, but he's ready to try all the cheese snacks... (I read else where LB Blake Martinez reportedly has some strict diet that he follows, which includes no sweets).

Point being, Rodgers probably isn't the only one, and his physical reason for doing it (that he's body is intolerant of it) gives him a good reason for not doing it.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
7 years ago
No story. Let me know when he goes from two ply to one ply.
UserPostedImage
DoddPower
7 years ago

Living in Texas, and being preoccupied with my family, I haven't heard much about the reaction in WI to Aaron saying he cut dairy from his diet for health reasons. What a slight on "America's Dairyland" to basically say: Dairy is bad for you. The highest profile Wisconsinite (albeit part time) comes out and eschews eating the product your entire state's economy is based off of? Hmmm.

I realize Cali, where he's from, is also a huge dairy state, but Wisconsin takes pride in being known as the dairy state and to have your most recognizable resident come out and basically cast aspersions on your meal ticket, that had to be tough for some to swallow. I almost thought, perhaps, he was slamming the state, but then considered Cali where he loves it is also a huge dairy producer.

Finally, Rodgers seems to be misguided as to cutting dairy from his diet being helpful to his longevity. How dare he slam America's Dairyland and be dead wrong while doing so! Milk... it does a body good!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/brucelee/2016/07/03/aaron-rodgers-is-cutting-dairy-from-his-diet-should-you/#151439212aaf 

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

California is the number one dairy state in the country. It crushes Wisconsin, actually. The average heard size in Wisconsin is like 200-300. I think the average in CA is like 1,500-2000+, and many many dairies are much larger than that (e.g. 6,000-10,000). Wisconsin just has the marketing. Maybe they make more cheese. California is the true powerhouse in agriculture and dairy in the United States, and it's not even close. Although most people don't think about that when they think of California.

Yes, I live in the number one dairy county in the country, in California. 😎
musccy
7 years ago

Would've been better left unsaid. Nobody needs to know he cut out dairy. The state of WI would've been much the better for it if he hadn't. He's smarter than that so it makes me wonder if it wasn't a shot at the state.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

I don't recall the context of how this information came about, but considering how PR savvy/paranoid A.R. is I HIGHLY doubt this was a purposeful jab at WI. This is nothing to get our undies in a bundle about.
uffda udfa
7 years ago
Yes, per the article, CA is the largest milk producer but WI is still the biggest cheese producer.
UserPostedImage

Zero2Cool
7 years ago

I don't recall the context of how this information came about, but considering how PR savvy/paranoid A.R. is I HIGHLY doubt this was a purposeful jab at WI. This is nothing to get our undies in a bundle about.

Originally Posted by: musccy 

Aaron was asked about what he does to keep himself in shape and Aaron responded that he has changed his diet and nutrition habits. He also joked that as he gets older he has to work harder and the follow up inquired about what changes were made. Aaron said he has cut out dairy and you can pretty much assume the rest.

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (7h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (7h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.