Zero2Cool
7 years ago

Btw, PFF GRADED him as the penultimate worst receiver last season. They grade plays...all of them, no?

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Yeah, well, I mean, do you even know where ProFootballFocus got their education from? I mean, really?
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
7 years ago

Yeah, well, I mean, do you even know where ProFootballFocus got their education from? I mean, really?

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Oh, will I NEVER forget! Nothing like getting it from a country that isn't even on this continent and has no NFL style football. 😂

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Barfarn
7 years ago

I laughed when u hammered my citation of Total Packers. Embarrassed to use them but there isn't much to choose from anymore. Guys like Aaron Nagler are on legit, or maybe now formerly legit websites. He's so far beneath u it's sad.

Btw, PFF GRADED him as the penultimate worst receiver last season. They grade plays...all of them, no? While no PFF fan, it's interesting that Davante keeps showing up on lists of worst WRs in the NFL. There is a reason.

Further, I do watch him. I don't like what I've seen. Same with RR, whom you've been touting for quite some time. Go back and reread all you and I's predictive posts from the past. There is validation to be found there. I watch these guys through my eyes. I watch as if they weren't Packers to attempt full objectivity. Davante is a brutal WR in my eyes. You argue differently because you PERCEIVE differently. You can detail play after play and argue another view but TO ME and many others Davante is plain bad.

Hope he turns it around. I doubt he will.

I like what PFF is trying to do; but they mess up too much to be a source, needing no other corroboration. If they say Adams is the worst, they are simply WRONG!

Rodgers is good; I'd say there's about 8-9 TEs I'd take in exchange and depending on his 3rd year leap it might be less.

I dont have the same warm fuzzies about Adams, he's easily below average. If Rodgers had his typical year; with Nelson out, a healthy Adams would have had 1000 yards 8-9 TDs and decent catch rate and because of these stats people would be gushing. But, whether gets 1K yards or has the horrible stat year he had, he is who he is and his game has some warts. I expect these warts to clear up as he goes forward. If they dont, his 2d contract will be a min type deal and it probably wont be from GB, unless they see more upside, which is unlikely after 4 years.
buckeyepackfan
7 years ago
SSDD
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
uffda udfa
7 years ago
You and I agree on 12 having a bad year. Question is why? Knee? Jordy? OL? or... Davante as basically his new #1?

I've seen GIFs of Davante from his 21 target game where he looks awful. I believe that piece was from cbssports.

Rodgers is a good TE? Did you forget to put the word THIRD before TE?:-)

You have called him less than average. What would you say he brings that we can't live without? I honestly can't find an identifiable trait that adds to our team.

Hoping that if he tanks again we move on from him. Trade him now to some team who wanted to draft him two years ago like we shouldn't have.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

uffda udfa
7 years ago

SSDD

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

Wouldn't it be nice if Adams did something different so you wouldn't have to post SSDD?

Oh, and Z ...noticed your Janis slam earlier. Guy hasn't gotten it and doesn't appear to love football. Still. he's done some impressive things in games. At Minnesota and Arizona come to mind as well as SD. He's still a weapon even if not all that reliable. Davante could be swapped for about any UDFA and nobody would notice.
UserPostedImage

Barfarn
7 years ago

You and I agree on 12 having a bad year. Question is why? Knee? Jordy? OL? or... Davante as basically his new #1?

I've seen GIFs of Davante from his 21 target game where he looks awful. I believe that piece was from cbssports.

Rodgers is a good TE? Did you forget to put the word THIRD before TE?:-)

You have called him less than average. What would you say he brings that we can't live without? I honestly can't find an identifiable trait that adds to our team.

Hoping that if he tanks again we move on from him. Trade him now to some team who wanted to draft him two years ago like we shouldn't have.

You [and many others] are filtering your opinion of Rich Rod thru his YPC and YAC; but in 2015 these #s were down ONLY because of AR's play, the routes he was asked to run and to a much smaller degree his being a 2nd yr player.

On 12's bad year it is 100% on him, not the OL, not the WRs. I hope it was the knee, and pray he has not lost his nerve to stand in the pocket and take a hit. It was not what I would call a down year; he had a mental issue like Crosby or Steve Sax. Crosby righted the ship; Sax did not. I think at the core is Rodgers saying , "you must earn my trust for the honor to smell my superior smelling dung." I'd walk up to him in the middle of practice for all to hear and tell him, "okay your such an infallible God of all Gods, QBs and men, and I'm a flawed human who makes mistakes. If you were a true God, a true teammate and true leader of men you would not expect all of us to ascend to the lofty perch upon you and your greatness alone sit, you'd learn to accept the flaws of others and bring out the best in them. You'd work to make us as good as we can be. You know what Aaron, you sucked last year, I dont trust you."

Adams has all the tools. He's got great hands, learns well and fast, is a great route runner, knows how to separate, knows how to position his body to keep the defender away from ball, he's good a fighting thru jams, he can go up and get the ball; etc. If he had the 4.39 speed, he'd have been a top 10 pick. As he gains more experience he should get better and more consistent in all applying all these tools during a game.

I dont know how a player can look bad in a GIF. Adams was not perfect; but he played a much better game at his position than Aaron Rodgers did in Detroit game

Now you ask what does he bring that we cant live without. Answer nothing. But the same could have been said for Nelson, Jones, Cobb, Jennings, Driver, etc in their second year.
stevegb
7 years ago
Personally I don't think much of Adams. Seems like a good kid but last year was his big chance to step out and make a name for himself and he botched it completely. It wont bother me much if he's cut after pre-season but if he makes it he's definitely on his last legs IMO.
blank
uffda udfa
7 years ago
Found that GIF article. It was from footballoutsiders not CBS. . .

www.footballoutsiders.com/film-room/2015/film-room-davante-adams
UserPostedImage

DarkaneRules
7 years ago
Who's our other boundary receiver if we let Adams go do you think? If Ty was repping more on the outside and wasn't just coming back from a major injury, I'd suggest him. If Davis was more experienced in our offense and had more time in our strength and conditioning program, I'd suggest him. If Janis was able to catch a football right now, due to injury, maybe he gets a shot, but that's down the road.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Fan Shout
dfosterf (9h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (10h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (11h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (13h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (14h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (16h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (17h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
5h / Around The NFL / beast

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.