uffda udfa
7 years ago
I see where you're going and Dakota has your answer. Geronimo!

There is no way we can go into this season with Adams a starter opposite, Jordy. 88 cent is who I have high hopes for. Would rather see Abby out there as weak as he is than Adams.

Sucks that Janis hasn't taken the 2nd or 3rd year jump and is now injured.

Every year it's said cuts will be interesting. This year they actually will be. Can't wait to see the 53.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

steveishere
7 years ago

Found that GIF article. It was from footballoutsiders not CBS. . .

www.footballoutsiders.com/film-room/2015/film-room-davante-adams

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Not that I disagree with the article and I like most of his work but I find it amusing that the writer is Irish.
uffda udfa
7 years ago
What? Everyone named Cian spells it that way. Ha ha.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Barfarn
7 years ago

Not that I disagree with the article and I like most of his work but I find it amusing that the writer is Irish.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

The article is dishonest.

It began with a premise [Adams sucks] and the facts were adjusted and cherry-picked to support the premise instead of establishing the conclusion from the facts. This is a perfect example of why PFF #s cannot be blindly followed. Their evaluations are flawed because they dont know what they are looking at; they're biased and/or simply dishonest. This article has all three.

As I said, Adams did not play a perfect game; but he played well. The first 3 plays described by PFF were Adams not at his best. Of these three he ran 1 bad route route, one solid out route and 1 great route. He had 1 drop on the great route; and his horrible route put him in position to have to make a circus catch, which he didn't. 2 plays pretty bad.

His description of the out route shows the author is clueless. This is a route run by GB alot on 1st and 2nd down. It is 100% unstoppable if QB and WR both execute. The article talks of Adams being open; but to support the premise an explanation had to blame Adams. He said Adams forced Rodgers to place the ball perfect, POPPYCOCK. Rodgers threw the ball before Adams broke!!!!!! And, BTW the throw was 100% perfect right on the sideline, about a foot above the ground 1 yard past sticks. Adams ran the route solidly, he made contact w/ CB stopping his momentum [this prevent CB from undercutting pass]. Now all Adams has to do is subtly push off, curl out and make the catch on the way down. This play takes a ton of practice and their is no room for error. To this point Adams timing and form is PERFECT. But watch the left hand of CB, it slid inside his arm pit and caught the side of the chest pad, this held up Adams just enough so he couldn't get to ball. Separating from a physical CB is a strength and he didn't utilize that strength on this play to its ultimate degree. This was PI, but it was perfect subtle PI, it was a great Al Harris/Richard Sherman play by the CB. Cant be too mad at the refs for missing that one. And after the play Rodgers was yelling for PI.

The last video, was a play I described above, Adams had him early in the route by a step w/ a great move. It was 3rd and 2 and Rodgers had no pressure whatsoever. No one near him, every guy controlled by OL. There is no excuse for not hitting this throw early in the route; but even after the gap closed to a half step Adams was still open. With no pressure an the ability to stare down the route a good D-1 QB makes this throw easily. The gobbledy-goop about throwing to pylon and Adams couldn't catch up to ball is the rambling of a complete fool. And he talks of incidental contact: right when Adams made his move the CB put 2 hands on Adams, Adams separated and twice more he grabbed his arm down the sideline. It's amazing this was not called either; but it is obvious that this PFF dude has no idea what happens when a real CB puts his hands on ya.

At 12:08 in 3rd Q; Adams ran a perfect slant, and the throw looked good. Adams humiliated the CB, so CB has no choice he reaches out and grabs jersey and stops Adams from getting to the ball. The Jersey is pulled 6-8" away from Adams body, with an angle that 5 refs on the field obviously saw it. It is ridiculous that the refs missed that one. Wonder why PFF didn't talk about this play or the other three where it's 100% obvious that Rodgers screwed up? Answer: DISHONEST!

Then the next play, Adams ran curl out and the CB grabbed him again by the shoulder pad, this time not subtle at all. Causing an INC no call. Adams starts jumping around, runs up to side judge official yelling at him as he's walking back to huddle Van Noy says something and Adams pushes him for 15.

Now if our running an article about how bad Adams is, how could you not discuss this? It's because he would have to show that 2 target misses were not Adams fault in anyway.

This article is a hack piece, research will show Mrs. Janis and Abberderis paid this dude off. 😲
uffda udfa
7 years ago
Of course, B you have no pro Packers bias. 🙂.

Your perception is different than mine and a lot of others.
UserPostedImage

mi_keys
7 years ago
Barfarn, do you blame Rodgers when your beer gets warm?
Born and bred a cheesehead
isocleas2
7 years ago
Looking forward to this season and how much crow will be served up. The offense as a whole was horrible last year and it's clear as day who fans haven chosen to be the scapegoats.
Zero2Cool
7 years ago
uffda udfa has a Davante Adams jersey that he wears three times a week. No joke.
UserPostedImage
steveishere
7 years ago

uffda udfa has a Davante Adams jersey that he wears three times a week. No joke.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

No just a #17 packers jersey with the name Lattimer on the back. 😝
uffda udfa
7 years ago
Steve, you have a memory like mine. It's in the closet next to my Moncrief, not Sid, and Mike Evans Jersey.

Z, got the 17 Jersey from play2win after he realized he wasn't going to be Sterling Sharpe much less Sanjay Beach. Steal of a deal.

Finally, no crow to be eaten on 17. Just hope 12 didn't go Rick Ankiel and never returns. You never know.
UserPostedImage

Fan Shout
dfosterf (6h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (13h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (14h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (15h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (18h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (20h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (20h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (20h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (20h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (21h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (21h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (21h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (21h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (21h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (21h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (21h) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (21h) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (22h) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

19h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.