Barfarn
7 years ago

Barfarn, do you blame Rodgers when your beer gets warm?

Originally Posted by: mi_keys 

No, but I'm quite sure he founded Isis with Hillary and Obama.

Question: Is that worse than you drinking your beer pretending it was just as cold as it was before Aaron took a piss in it?

I'm just analyzing and grading people's performance in the plays. Perhaps instead of just assuming a play gone wrong is everyone's fault but trust boy's [which was often true prior to 2015] you could for a moment endeavor to understand and then offer some viable insight to the discussion.

steveishere
7 years ago
I put plenty of blame on Rodgers last year but that doesn't change that Davante's cuts in routes were often slow, rounded off and littered with terrible footwork. His problem wasn't just the drops or bad play calls or bad throws from Rodgers. Hopefully most of it had to do with that ankle injury but his technique last year was just awful most of the time.
yooperfan
7 years ago
I wasn't particularly impressed with Adams in his rookie year and his "sophomore slump" was absolutely abysmal, hopefully he shows more promise this year as I'm positive Ted won't cut him due to his draft status.
sschind
7 years ago
I don't think using 2015 as a barometer to determine if players are good or bad is the best way to go. Wherever it started it seems the whole offense had a down year. Lacy got fat, the receivers couldn't get open and couldn't catch and Rodgers couldn't hit the side of a barn many more times than we have come to expect. I'm optimistic that this will change in 2016. Whether its Jordy coming back or all the nagging injuries healing up (as much as nagging injuries can anyway) or Eddie getting back to his pre 2015 ways I think this offense will be much more efficient this season. Unless you think 2015 is the way this offense really is I don't see how you couldn't expect better things and given what we have seen in past seasons I don't see how you could think 2015 was anything close to the norm.

Analytics are stats and as the saying goes you can use stats to show anything you want. Highlight (or lowlight as the case may be) reel plays can be used to make players look like superstars or like crap. I'm sure if you searched through the archives you could put together a clip of a dozen plays that would make you wonder why so many people consider Jerry Rice the best WR of all time.

Do I think Adams is the next great WR. No I don't. I thought he showed a lot of promise in his rookie season but he failed to improve on it last year so that may have tempered my expectations a bit. On the other hand, if I look at 2015 by itself my expectations would be tempered for anyone on this offense.

I'm not sure how useful a complete frame by frame breakdown of any single play is in determining how good or bad a player is. Its one play and a hundred things go into determining its outcome. You have to look at all the plays and see if whatever the player is doing right or wrong in any one play is being done in the others. If the player consistently does something good or bad then you can use it as a factor in deciding how good he is or how bad he is.

As far as PFF goes the only experience I have with them is what people on sites like this say. I've never been to their website. I would tend to think their rankings would be fairly accurate (based on their criteria) since we presume they judge everyone on that same criteria. I'm not sure how much stock I would put into their articles regarding individual players abilities since, as barfan has said, they are using their rankings as their premise and they are not going to be so objective in choosing plays to prove their premise. If they start out asserting that Adams is the 2nd worst WR in the league they are going to find plays that indicate that and ignore any that might not support it.

Bottom line, I've seen what many of the players in this offense can do in seasons prior to 2015 and I believe that 2015 was an anomaly for the majority of those who under performed. I believe they will turn it around in 2016. I believe for every drop of rain that falls a flower grows and I believe that Britney spears should be 1 of Baskin-Robbins 31 flavors (that last one was a nod to Larry the Cable Guy and doesn't necessarily reflect my true feelings)
nerdmann
7 years ago

I put plenty of blame on Rodgers last year but that doesn't change that Davante's cuts in routes were often slow, rounded off and littered with terrible footwork. His problem wasn't just the drops or bad play calls or bad throws from Rodgers. Hopefully most of it had to do with that ankle injury but his technique last year was just awful most of the time.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

This year they have a position coach. Although from what I've seen they're mainly working on juggling and catching tennis balls.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
yooperfan
7 years ago

This year they have a position coach. Although from what I've seen they're mainly working on juggling and catching tennis balls.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

WHAT!
No ballet?

buckeyepackfan
7 years ago
Can't wait for the screaming to start as Davante Adams takes the field with Jordy and Randall the 1st time The Packers come out in their 3 receiver set.

For some reason Mike decides to hold Jordy out Davante will be there from the get go.

This us gonna be fun.

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
mi_keys
7 years ago

No, but I'm quite sure he founded Isis with Hillary and Obama.

Question: Is that worse than you drinking your beer pretending it was just as cold as it was before Aaron took a piss in it?

I'm just analyzing and grading people's performance in the plays. Perhaps instead of just assuming a play gone wrong is everyone's fault but trust boy's [which was often true prior to 2015] you could for a moment endeavor to understand and then offer some viable insight to the discussion.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

Rodgers' dick sure is massive to reach all the way from Green Bay to here in Chicago. Maybe that explains his poor footwork last year lugging that behemoth around.

And as for your analysis...

His description of the out route shows the author is clueless.

Barfarn wrote:

If that was supposed to be an out route you should be criticizing Adams for turning the wrong direction (in).

The article talks of Adams being open

Barfarn wrote:

Adams failed to make wide-open receptions or contested catches on five occasions in this game. This isn't one of those plays... When he gets to the top of his route, Adams is blanketed in coverage.

Football Outsiders wrote:

Rather odd description of an open receiver.

Rodgers threw the ball before Adams broke!!!!!!

Barfarn wrote:

Which is common in the NFL.

And, BTW the throw was 100% perfect right on the sideline, about a foot above the ground 1 yard past sticks. Adams ran the route solidly

Barfarn wrote:

The fact Adams is blanketed would suggest otherwise.

he made contact w/ CB stopping his momentum [this prevent CB from undercutting pass].

Barfarn wrote:

The CB's momentum was away from the line of scrimmage, not towards.

Now all Adams has to do is subtly push off, curl out and make the catch on the way down.

Barfarn wrote:

Which Adams failed to do.

But watch the left hand of CB, it slid inside his arm pit and caught the side of the chest pad, this held up Adams just enough so he couldn't get to ball...This was PI, but it was perfect subtle PI, it was a great Al Harris/Richard Sherman play by the CB. Cant be too mad at the refs for missing that one. And after the play Rodgers was yelling for PI.

Barfarn wrote:

If the exceedingly minimal contact that occurred at the top of the route was pass interference, then every passing play in the NFL is pass interference.

Adams was abysmal last year. Rodgers wasn't up to par. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

Going forward, I hope Adams plays much more like his playoff game against Dallas than anything he produced last year.
Born and bred a cheesehead
uffda udfa
7 years ago
One thing here....PFF determined Adams to be 2nd worse WR based on their analysis of all his plays. They started with no premise. More importantly the article linked wasn't from PFF, rather, football outsiders. The original one linked wasn't from either. There are multiple analytics and play breakdown sites who have panned Adams. Meanwhile, I pan him based on what I've seen, personally.

If you're looking for hope look no further than the guy Barfarn rips...he said kid was going to be a super star as well as MM. Then. again. Mike McCarthy went gaga over Boykin... and Rodgers, DuJuan Harris.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

DoddPower
7 years ago

If you're looking for hope look no further than the guy Barfarn rips...he said kid was going to be a super star as well as MM. Then. again. Mike McCarthy went gaga over Boykin... and Rodgers, DuJuan Harris.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

It always amazes me how literally some people take things NFL players say to the media. Politicians, too, for that matter. Why? For all we know Rodgers was saying all that fluff to the media simply because he wants to guy to be successful and doesn't want to say anything negative about him to the media. He probably really likes the guy personally. None of us will ever know if he TRULY believed/believes that Adams will become a great WR, but that's completely irrelevant to anything he says publicly.
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (2h) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (9h) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
beast (3-Apr) : Using Patterson as RB and RB/WR tweener... so I think they also signed Patterson as a 3rd down RB, not just a kick returner as articles are
beast (3-Apr) : I think PFT missed the real Steelers/Patterson connection, Steelers new OC Arthur Smith has been Patterson's head coach the last 3 years
wpr (2-Apr) : It has Martha. I was stunned when I was in HS to learn Iowa was still playing half court BB in the 70's.
Martha Careful (2-Apr) : Caitlin Clark, Angel Reese...women's sports has come a long way. GREAT TO SEE!!
Martha Careful (31-Mar) : Happy Easter everyone. I hope you all have a great day.
dfosterf (28-Mar) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (28-Mar) : Yes
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : No.
Mucky Tundra (28-Mar) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (28-Mar) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

23h / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

10-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

8-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

5-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

5-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.