uffda udfa
7 years ago
I see where you're going and Dakota has your answer. Geronimo!

There is no way we can go into this season with Adams a starter opposite, Jordy. 88 cent is who I have high hopes for. Would rather see Abby out there as weak as he is than Adams.

Sucks that Janis hasn't taken the 2nd or 3rd year jump and is now injured.

Every year it's said cuts will be interesting. This year they actually will be. Can't wait to see the 53.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

steveishere
7 years ago

Found that GIF article. It was from footballoutsiders not CBS. . .

www.footballoutsiders.com/film-room/2015/film-room-davante-adams

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Not that I disagree with the article and I like most of his work but I find it amusing that the writer is Irish.
uffda udfa
7 years ago
What? Everyone named Cian spells it that way. Ha ha.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Barfarn
7 years ago

Not that I disagree with the article and I like most of his work but I find it amusing that the writer is Irish.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

The article is dishonest.

It began with a premise [Adams sucks] and the facts were adjusted and cherry-picked to support the premise instead of establishing the conclusion from the facts. This is a perfect example of why PFF #s cannot be blindly followed. Their evaluations are flawed because they dont know what they are looking at; they're biased and/or simply dishonest. This article has all three.

As I said, Adams did not play a perfect game; but he played well. The first 3 plays described by PFF were Adams not at his best. Of these three he ran 1 bad route route, one solid out route and 1 great route. He had 1 drop on the great route; and his horrible route put him in position to have to make a circus catch, which he didn't. 2 plays pretty bad.

His description of the out route shows the author is clueless. This is a route run by GB alot on 1st and 2nd down. It is 100% unstoppable if QB and WR both execute. The article talks of Adams being open; but to support the premise an explanation had to blame Adams. He said Adams forced Rodgers to place the ball perfect, POPPYCOCK. Rodgers threw the ball before Adams broke!!!!!! And, BTW the throw was 100% perfect right on the sideline, about a foot above the ground 1 yard past sticks. Adams ran the route solidly, he made contact w/ CB stopping his momentum [this prevent CB from undercutting pass]. Now all Adams has to do is subtly push off, curl out and make the catch on the way down. This play takes a ton of practice and their is no room for error. To this point Adams timing and form is PERFECT. But watch the left hand of CB, it slid inside his arm pit and caught the side of the chest pad, this held up Adams just enough so he couldn't get to ball. Separating from a physical CB is a strength and he didn't utilize that strength on this play to its ultimate degree. This was PI, but it was perfect subtle PI, it was a great Al Harris/Richard Sherman play by the CB. Cant be too mad at the refs for missing that one. And after the play Rodgers was yelling for PI.

The last video, was a play I described above, Adams had him early in the route by a step w/ a great move. It was 3rd and 2 and Rodgers had no pressure whatsoever. No one near him, every guy controlled by OL. There is no excuse for not hitting this throw early in the route; but even after the gap closed to a half step Adams was still open. With no pressure an the ability to stare down the route a good D-1 QB makes this throw easily. The gobbledy-goop about throwing to pylon and Adams couldn't catch up to ball is the rambling of a complete fool. And he talks of incidental contact: right when Adams made his move the CB put 2 hands on Adams, Adams separated and twice more he grabbed his arm down the sideline. It's amazing this was not called either; but it is obvious that this PFF dude has no idea what happens when a real CB puts his hands on ya.

At 12:08 in 3rd Q; Adams ran a perfect slant, and the throw looked good. Adams humiliated the CB, so CB has no choice he reaches out and grabs jersey and stops Adams from getting to the ball. The Jersey is pulled 6-8" away from Adams body, with an angle that 5 refs on the field obviously saw it. It is ridiculous that the refs missed that one. Wonder why PFF didn't talk about this play or the other three where it's 100% obvious that Rodgers screwed up? Answer: DISHONEST!

Then the next play, Adams ran curl out and the CB grabbed him again by the shoulder pad, this time not subtle at all. Causing an INC no call. Adams starts jumping around, runs up to side judge official yelling at him as he's walking back to huddle Van Noy says something and Adams pushes him for 15.

Now if our running an article about how bad Adams is, how could you not discuss this? It's because he would have to show that 2 target misses were not Adams fault in anyway.

This article is a hack piece, research will show Mrs. Janis and Abberderis paid this dude off. 😲
uffda udfa
7 years ago
Of course, B you have no pro Packers bias. 🙂.

Your perception is different than mine and a lot of others.
UserPostedImage

mi_keys
7 years ago
Barfarn, do you blame Rodgers when your beer gets warm?
Born and bred a cheesehead
isocleas2
7 years ago
Looking forward to this season and how much crow will be served up. The offense as a whole was horrible last year and it's clear as day who fans haven chosen to be the scapegoats.
Zero2Cool
7 years ago
uffda udfa has a Davante Adams jersey that he wears three times a week. No joke.
UserPostedImage
steveishere
7 years ago

uffda udfa has a Davante Adams jersey that he wears three times a week. No joke.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

No just a #17 packers jersey with the name Lattimer on the back. 😝
uffda udfa
7 years ago
Steve, you have a memory like mine. It's in the closet next to my Moncrief, not Sid, and Mike Evans Jersey.

Z, got the 17 Jersey from play2win after he realized he wasn't going to be Sterling Sharpe much less Sanjay Beach. Steal of a deal.

Finally, no crow to be eaten on 17. Just hope 12 didn't go Rick Ankiel and never returns. You never know.
UserPostedImage

Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (11h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (11h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.