wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
7 years ago
Since we are all experts and know what is going on in the Packer's Front Office I thought we could say what the next few transactions will be.

1. Goode will be signed and Davis will go on IR.
2. Janis goes to IR and Allison is signed from the PS.
In 4 weeks:
3. Goodson will be reinstated and take Dorleant's place.
4. Pennel will be reinstated and take Ringo's place.
5. In 5 weeks they bring Lindsey back from the PUP and let him practice. (That's earlier than needed to by the PUP.) After 7 weeks he is added to the roster and Hawkins is released. He moves to the PS and takes the place of Allsion's replacement.
6. Around week 9 or 10 either Janis or Davis will be recalled but they wait until an injury to a WR to be named later.
UserPostedImage
luigis
7 years ago
1. Yes I think this is happening. Although going to Jacksonville with Barcaly or Perillo as our LS would be a fun experiment.
2. I don't think so, I think we just wait for Janis to recover.
3. I think Goodson is gone forever and I think that is a good thing.
4. Pennel will be back but I think the roster spot will be freed from a DB (Dorleant), we only have a few DLs and too many DBs.
5. Hawkins stays Linsley will come back at the expense of Murphy.
Luis
nerdmann
7 years ago

1. Yes I think this is happening. Although going to Jacksonville with Barcaly or Perillo as our LS would be a fun experiment.
4. Pennel will be back but I think the roster spot will be freed from a DB (Dorleant), we only have a few DLs and too many DBs.

Originally Posted by: luigis 

I agree they keep Janis for ST, if they IR someone else it will probably be Davis.

They'll keep Goodson for the 4 weeks, in case someone breaks their leg or something. If we don't need him, he can go play in Minnesota.

I also think we'll keep Hawkins. Dude could be the next Tramon. As for Linsley, I suspect he may never play again. Hope he can come back, but at this point, I'm not optimistic.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
wpr
  • wpr
7 years ago

Originally Posted by: luigis 

I am not married to these moves. Other than the first one all are a reach. I was looking for discussion so I suggested few that are not so likely to happen. Such as if Goodson comes back I will be a little surprised. And I realize they are thin on the DL.

As far as Barclay and Perillo as LS, I wouldn't have minded it with some of the old Jags teams but they are a little better this year. I have stated for years that I hate giving a spot on the roster to someone who is solely a LS. I just don't believe that a backup C or OG can't become a decent LS if he put in the practice time effort.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
7 years ago
Wayne, if a player gets IRed, they are done for the year. They can only come back off the PUP list. #6 on your original post can't happen.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
7 years ago

Wayne, if a player gets IRed, they are done for the year. They can only come back off the PUP list. #6 on your original post can't happen.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

It's a new rule.

Teams can take 1 player off IR during the season. However that player can't be put on IR before the cut down to 53.

Last season was the first year with that new rule. At that time, you had to name the player you wanted to bring back, at the time you first IR'd him. I think we used it on Quarless.

This year, you can bring back any player you want from IR, you don't have to designate that player at the time that you place them on IR. But you can only re-activate one player.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
steveishere
7 years ago

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

Teams are allowed to bring 1 IR player back as long as they have been on IR for 6 weeks I believe. They have to have been put on IR after the cut to 53 though.
wpr
  • wpr
7 years ago
Thanks guys. I forgot about the 6 weeks min on IR.
Here's the story that goes along with the change in the IR rule for this year. 

NFL owners passed a change to the league's bylaws Wednesday, proposed by the Buffalo Bills, that will give teams more flexibility in deciding which player they designate to return from injured reserve.

The new bylaw will allow teams to choose one player to return to practice among their players already on injured reserve, provided that player has spent at least six weeks on injured reserve. That player would then be able to return to the active roster and play in a game two weeks later.

The NFL's previous rule, adopted in 2012, required teams to designate the player they wanted to return from injured reserve at the time they placed him on the list. That player would then be eligible to return to practice in six weeks and play two weeks later.

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
buckeyepackfan (21h) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (21h) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (22h) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

23h / Random Babble / beast

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

21-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.