musccy
7 years ago

Here's another problem. Lang is a big fat liar, he knows EXACTLY the reason Sitton was canned! He knows it was not about Sitton's play relative to the size of the contract [like when Bears Cut Peppers to save $38M over 2 years]. He knows Sitton was canned for shooting off his Florida Kracker mouth and/or being a divisive prick in the lockerroom. This is Lang's passive aggressive way of telling the world that the cut was not justified. Langy boy is getting a talkin' to today; if he open his yap again and this is about the N-word, he'll be gone.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

I generally like your posts, but I could not possibly disagree more with what you've been writing here. You're extrapolating a lot from very little.

Where is it documented that Sitton was dropping the N-word and/or that was the reason for him being cut? All I've seen is vague twitter speculation.

To my knowledge, the only facts are 1) Sitton was cut. 2) McCarthy said there were many layers to Sitton being let go. 3) Back in December Mike didn't want Sitton talking about play calling. That's it. Anything beyond that is speculation. What interview are you watching where the players say Sitton was a "divisive prick" in the locker room? Mike's frustration with Sitton's comments were from 9 months ago. He said Lacy was fat 7 months ago yet Lacy is on the team. Thus to assume the play calling comments contributed to this is guessing AT BEST for us as fans.

Lang said he was stunned. Spofford did too, in fact, find someone for me who hasn't been stunned by this. To blame Lang for "not owning up" or whatever else you've been saying is conjecture. You're connecting dots that we don't even know are from the same book.

steveishere
7 years ago
I'm sure all of the players know why Sitton was cut, that doesn't mean they aren't genuinely surprised that he got cut over whatever happened. Could have been something that seemed like small potatoes to the men in the locker room but was a huge deal to the man in charge. It's going to bug me a bit though if we ever find out what it was and it turns out to be something where it wouldn't have been a big issue in the locker room but a coach or Ted was just offended.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
7 years ago

[Face Palm] really?

Reporter's question: "What kind of message is sent when a move like that is made?"

Lang: "Nobody's safe...everybody'd like to know...I don't think we're ever going to get an explanation...I could sit here and speculate for hours...The fact is, I don't know the reasons behind it, and I don't think we probably ever will [he repeated this]...I think that makes it a little tougher to move on, but you've just got to find a way.”

"A move"? Not a decisions to move on, but "a move" Like: I'm gonna put "a move" on that chick; Capone made "a move" on Bugs Moran's territory on St. Valentines Day.

Send a message? Ted did not send 37 messages cutting down from 90 to 53? This is a hack reporter with no journalistic integrity asking loaded questions.

So Lang answered as follows: [the "message sent" by 1265 by this "move" is that] "Nobody's safe" and "everybody'd like to know [why Sitton was cut]."

NOBODY? It is outrageous that Lang is saying a player with no injury or history of injury, playing well above his contract, who's a good teammate, good lockerroom guy, leader and behaving like a little angel is not safe.

"Everybody'd like to know [As if we dont know the reason]." Everybody? not just Lang, but everybody. Sounds like something said right before the crew of the Bounty mutinied. Who has ever said something like this. If one knows an explanation is not required, it's not mentioned, but he mentions this 5 to 6 times. If someone says 5 or 6 times, boss, nobody's safe, you dont have to give me a reason for the size of my Christmas bonus; he is actually saying, I effing deserved a larger bonus the amount you gave me is irrational, so explain yourself. Lang's obsessive comments on reasons and explanations for Sitton's cut is Lang communicating that the reason was irrational.

The second most team-destructive thing after players using ignorant racial slurs to describe one another is airing dirty laundry to the press. In this case Lang is not only airing dirty laundry; but he's spreading FALSE information to the press. This is outrageous.

Before commenting read the entire conversation. The SELECTIVELY redacted statements quoted above only demonstrate Lang's consciousness of guilt concerning his passive aggressive attack on 1265's rationale for cutting Sitton. Lang knows the pure and utter wrongness of his actions.

People often spew venom in a short statement and then spend the rest of the paragraph cloaking and wrapping their venom in more acceptable fluff to make the venom more suitable.

Let's use simile:

Trump says, I want my followers to assassinate crooked Hillary. And by assassinate I mean eliminate her from being part of the government. I dont mean go out and shoot her in the head or if you see her unguarded car parked somewhere to slide under it and cut the break line. I mean go to the polls and vote for me!

One should not SELECTIVELY say, Trump said "go to the polls and vote for me;" what is your problem Barfarn?

What if the reporter asked Lang, "what kind of message was being sent by Ted when he cut Marquis Williams? " Lang would probably furl his brow, shake his head and roll his eyes and say, "Message?, there's no message, it's football, there's 90 guys and only 53 spots, they dont consult me about those decisions, Im focused on getting ready for Jax."

And about cutting Hawk, Lang would probably say, "Message?, there's no message, there's a business side to this I dont like. AJ was a good friend, a good player and teammate. I'll miss him and wish him well, he'll get a job somewhere."

When one looks at the disparity in the relative answer to the questions of the cutting of Sitton, Marquis Williams and Hawk, it is clear, Lang is sending a passive aggressive message back to 1265 and to the public. He is saying Sitton's cut was irrational and an explanation should be provided and because 1265's decisions are not rational NOBODY'S safe. When has a player ever commented that for us to move on we need to know why he was cut. This is outrageous!

Here's another problem. Lang is a big fat liar, he knows EXACTLY the reason Sitton was canned! He knows it was not about Sitton's play relative to the size of the contract [like when Bears Cut Peppers to save $38M over 2 years]. He knows Sitton was canned for shooting off his Florida Kracker mouth and/or being a divisive prick in the lockerroom. This is Lang's passive aggressive way of telling the world that the cut was not justified. Langy boy is getting a talkin' to today; if he open his yap again and this is about the N-word, he'll be gone.

Too long to read and more than likely nothing worth while anyway. Oops maybe I am being sarcastic. THAT BAD. ME SORRY.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
7 years ago

I generally like your posts, but I could not possibly disagree more with what you've been writing here. You're extrapolating a lot from very little.

Where is it documented that Sitton was dropping the N-word and/or that was the reason for him being cut? All I've seen is vague twitter speculation.

To my knowledge, the only facts are 1) Sitton was cut. 2) McCarthy said there were many layers to Sitton being let go. 3) Back in December Mike didn't want Sitton talking about play calling. That's it. Anything beyond that is speculation. What interview are you watching where the players say Sitton was a "divisive prick" in the locker room? Mike's frustration with Sitton's comments were from 9 months ago. He said Lacy was fat 7 months ago yet Lacy is on the team. Thus to assume the play calling comments contributed to this is guessing AT BEST for us as fans.

Lang said he was stunned. Spofford did too, in fact, find someone for me who hasn't been stunned by this. To blame Lang for "not owning up" or whatever else you've been saying is conjecture. You're connecting dots that we don't even know are from the same book.

Originally Posted by: musccy 

Well done Sir. There is nothing like drawing the dots yourself then connecting them anyway you want as "proof" to justify a position.
UserPostedImage
Barfarn
  • Barfarn
  • Senior Member Topic Starter
7 years ago

Originally Posted by: musccy 

Cant totally disagree with what you're saying about my extrapolation to it being a race thing. There is one piece of info I heard a few years ago concerning Sherrod that I cant really confirm, but i believe it because I implicitly trust the source that is shaping my speculation as to the cause.

But also every little piece of info we reveal fits the bigot premise, including Chmura's comments and nothing contradicts it. Churma's comments cements the issue in my mind. This is what is called a circumstantial case. Somebody bring a fact that deflates the bigot theory and I'll abandon it or at least be less certain.

But on Lang; he's a liar and his pants are on fire. If Chmura knows what happened, Lang knew well before Chmura found out. Lang is like Chmura, he just thinks Ted is being too sensitive and Sitton should not have been cut; but he's afraid to come out and say it like a man.
Barfarn
  • Barfarn
  • Senior Member Topic Starter
7 years ago

Too long to read and more than likely nothing worth while anyway. Oops maybe I am being sarcastic. THAT BAD. ME SORRY.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Sorry to discourage you WPR, I could and should have been more tactful and taken more time and cut the # of words in half. I disagree with your take on this; but that don't mean you're wrong. I do find your insights and opinions valuable. Just so ya know! It is the reason I took so much effort to address what you said.

oh and Bigotry really pisses me off, so my I do have more emotion than usual running here.
musccy
7 years ago

But also every little piece of info we reveal fits the bigot premise, including Chmura's comments and nothing contradicts it. Churma's comments cements the issue in my mind. This is what is called a circumstantial case. Somebody bring a fact that deflates the bigot theory and I'll abandon it or at least be less certain.

But on Lang; he's a liar and his pants are on fire. If Chmura knows what happened, Lang knew well before Chmura found out. Lang is like Chmura, he just thinks Ted is being too sensitive and Sitton should not have been cut; but he's afraid to come out and say it like a man.

I'm sorry, but your argument is ridiculous. You have some random theory supported by no evidence whatsoever and presume it to be fact because someone can't refute your currently baseless claims. I could say Sitton was a cannibal and enjoyed shooting eagles for sport - I know it's the truth until you can prove me wrong. That'd be just as asinine as what you're doing now. Could he have said racist remarks? Sure, but he could have been canned for 1,000s of other speculative reasons too.

How do you know Lang is a liar? Watch his interview, he was clearly shaken, caught off guard, and did not see this coming. I don't know how someone can watch what he said and conclude anything else. You're coming into this with some rigid preconceived notions.
PackFanWithTwins
7 years ago

All he'd have had to do is not cut him. Teams knew he was gonna be cut, so he would be available. To me, it looks punitive. Ted had to make a point.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

So that point was, upset Ted so he will release you so you can make more money? What kind of point is that?

The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Cheesey
7 years ago
If people think this was just a knee jerk reaction, I don't think they are thinking it through. The Packers don't make a move like this for no reason. SOMETHING happened that set this bomb off.
And I doubt that any of us will ever know the true reasons.
Sometimes athletes get too full of themselves, and end up hurting themselves in the end.
Although the boatload of money "Da Bares" will be paying him will make him feel that if he DID do something to deserve getting cut, it worked out just fine for him.
(And I DID say "if", not that I know if he did)
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
7 years ago

If people think this was just a knee jerk reaction, I don't think they are thinking it through. The Packers don't make a move like this for no reason. SOMETHING happened that set this bomb off.
And I doubt that any of us will ever know the true reasons.
Sometimes athletes get too full of themselves, and end up hurting themselves in the end.
Although the boatload of money "Da Bares" will be paying him will make him feel that if he DID do something to deserve getting cut, it worked out just fine for him.
(And I DID say "if", not that I know if he did)

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Good point.

This organization in particular, does not react emotionally. Especially Ted Thompson.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Fan Shout
dfosterf (14h) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (14h) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (14h) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (15h) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (16h) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

12h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.