luigis
7 years ago
What a fantastic start of the game and then... a win is a win is a win.

The Glass Half Full:

- Aaron Rodgers: Returned to be a pocket passer, and when he is at the pocket he is the MVP. 4TDs and great reads in the 1st half.
- E. Lacy: Running with determination, running strong, running. He should be on the field in almost every play.
- N. Perry: We have a player, really nice game from Perry attacking the line when needed.
- K. Clark: We have the anchor we needed in the line. He played a great game (Lowry played very well too)
- Jordy Nelson: He is back to shape, I think we put him in stasis in the 2nd half but we could have used him if needed.
- TJ Lang: Perfect game, terrific blocks.
- Fackrell: Playing well in STs and starting to become important in the defense. Promising future next to Blake and Jake.

The Glass Half Empty:

- Mike McCarthy: Playing not to lose when ahead by a good margin is dangerous, we can't show fear.
- D.Randall: Is not his fault to be playing a position that is not natural to him but please stop looking at the backfield it's embarrassing.
- Ha Ha CD: 3 games missing, he is not even near the play and that's a worrying sign.
- M.Hyde: Why on earth he plays defense is one of the unsolved mysteries of humanity.

I think our offense regained tempo in the 1st half then Mike McCarthy became dangerously conservative and everything stalled which is a trademark of him. I think our DL and our LBs are amazing this year but the secondary is a total disaster. We'll be in plenty of shootouts unless something gets fixed soon.

Now we get our bye, we rest, we hope Clay gets healthy and Morgan does not. We play at home the next 3 weeks and it is a great chance to be 5-1 before travleing to Atlanta.

Luis
steveishere
7 years ago
I feel like Lane Taylor deserves a shout out.
Randall Cobb has not been worth 10m a year. His production since we paid him has been really disappointing.
1 more game until we get Pennell back the D-line should be really stout then
Blake and Jake (and Joe) are still getting it done at ILB
luigis
7 years ago

I feel like Lane Taylor deserves a shout out.
Randall Cobb has not been worth 10m a year. His production since we paid him has been really disappointing.
1 more game until we get Pennell back the D-line should be really stout then
Blake and Jake (and Joe) are still getting it done at ILB

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

You are right. Taylor deserves a mention, and Joe Thomas is playing with amazing energy and helping a lot in the ILB rotation. We were right getting rid of Barrington.

Cobb is not playing great, he seems to be confused about his role in this team. I believe that if we can develop Janis or Davis to be an outside threat then Cobb will regain his level as a slot WR.

Luis
steveishere
7 years ago

You are right. Taylor deserves a mention, and Joe Thomas is playing with amazing energy and helping a lot in the ILB rotation. We were right getting rid of Barrington.

Cobb is not playing great, he seems to be confused about his role in this team. I believe that if we can develop Janis or Davis to be an outside threat then Cobb will regain his level as a slot WR.

Originally Posted by: luigis 

I wouldn't be against working Montgomery or Abbrederis into the slot some instead of Cobb getting all the snaps there. You don't have to straight up bench him but it doesn't hurt to give the young guys a shot every know and then. Based on everything we've heard about those two there shouldn't be any problems with timing or preparation for the game plan.
DoddPower
7 years ago
Pass defense would have looked a little better if they would have caught the two gift interceptions.
beast
7 years ago

I wouldn't be against working Montgomery or Abbrederis into the slot some instead of Cobb getting all the snaps there.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

I'll be honest... I don't understand why Abbrederis hasn't gotten more chances. I'm guessing it's because they have too many inside (slot and TE types) and not enough outside guys.
UserPostedImage
sschind
7 years ago

Pass defense would have looked a little better if they would have caught the two gift interceptions.

Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

Maybe the NFL should go with something like the errors and ERA thing in MLB. Any yards or points gained after a missed interception are not counted as earned yards. Won't help in the game but it will make the stats look better.

DoddPower
7 years ago

Maybe the NFL should go with something like the errors and ERA thing in MLB. Any yards or points gained after a missed interception are not counted as earned yards. Won't help in the game but it will make the stats look better.

Originally Posted by: sschind 

The Packers have to make those plays to go anywhere.
buckeyepackfan
7 years ago
Hyde is on the field because since day 1 with The Packers he was told he needed to learn all 6 db positions .
He is the ONE guy on the roster who can fill In anywhere at anytime.
In today's salary cap age, a guy like Hyde is invaluable.
Throw in he has done a solid job at returning punts and plays on special teams, that is why he is on the field.

Why someone would not want Morgan Burnett healthy is beyond me.

Team him with HHDC and The Packers have one if the best safety tandems in the league.

Burnett provides the veteran leadership that has been lacking the last 2 games.
With all the young talent that is being shuffled in and out of the lineup, it's Burnett who knows every guys responsibility and makes sure they are ready.

Don't quite understand the Mike McCarthy playing not to lose .

Packers are up 31-3 late in the 1st half when Detroit gets the long TD pass. 31-10 at half

Detroit takes the 2nd half kick, put together a good drive and scores. 31-17.

Packers then do what everyone has been screaming for them to do, they turn to Eddie Lacy, they burn the rest of the 3rd quarter clock and get a fg. 34-17.

Packers next possesion is stalled when Trevor Davis drops a sure 1st down pass that would have kept the drive going.

Detroit cuts the lead to 34-27, Packers run out the clock.

How is that playing not to lose ?

Bottom line Packers get a divisional win with 5 starters on D out then they lose another during the game.

Considering the fact that at the end of the game The Packers had 2 UDFA playing in the defensive backfield, I'm not going to complain at all.
The only half empty is the injuries, hopefully the bye week takes care of those problems.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
blueleopard
7 years ago
Packers only had the ball once in the third quarter. Field goal.

4th quarter saw a little bit of a stall. I'll be the first to say it's because of Mike's signature "prevent offense" but yeah we can't be leaving Marvin Jones wide open like that all the time. You can point fingers at the secondary but the Lions have a whole bunch of established route runners and are simply more experienced than our secondary is.
Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (2h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (2h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (23h) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
38m / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.