Discussion Board
Bigbyfan
I'm going to my first ever game to Lambeau next week. I thought it would be a good idea to check this post for advice/info (which I did, thanks). However, I see that this thread got turned into an argument about a rookie center. Gotta love the trolls lol.
MissouriPackFan
So, question for those who have been before. Do the Packers have pep rallies at home like they do away games, like on Saturday night? Heading to Green Bay for my first time this weekend and wanna make the absolute most of it! Staying in Oshkosh. Doing the tour and everything on Saturday. But was just wondering if there was going to be a pep rally or party Saturday night? Or if there are other cool things to do on a Saturday night before a game let me know please! Thank you for any suggestions/advice! Go Pack Go!!

Also. If anyone knows. Planning on doing the stadium tour hall of fame on saturday. Do I need to buy tickets ahead of time or can we get them Saturday morning?
wpr
Originally Posted by: MissouriPackFan 

So, question for those who have been before. Do the Packers have pep rallies at home like they do away games, like on Saturday night? Heading to Green Bay for my first time this weekend and wanna make the absolute most of it! Staying in Oshkosh. Doing the tour and everything on Saturday. But was just wondering if there was going to be a pep rally or party Saturday night? Or if there are other cool things to do on a Saturday night before a game let me know please! Thank you for any suggestions/advice! Go Pack Go!!

Also. If anyone knows. Planning on doing the stadium tour hall of fame on saturday. Do I need to buy tickets ahead of time or can we get them Saturday morning?

Ii have never seen a pep rally. Some people hang out at the bars like Stadium View or Anduzzi"s.

You can get you tickets as you head into the Hall. Stadium tour depends on the number of people there. Sometimes you buy then and don't have to wait long for the next tour. Other times you may have to wait for a few groups to go before yours. If you are there fairly early you will be one of the first. If there is a bit of a wait that's when you kill time by going through the Hall. If your stadium tour comes up you can get back into the Hall later.
Blitz
2017 - Week 3, Visiting from Bavaria Germany. Wife´s first NFL game/ @ Lambeau vs. Bengals. Hottest temperature in recorded Lambeau history.
In walking from parking, met up with St. Vince, into the nearest bar for a cold one with him. Onto the new building in parking lot area for food & more drink/live music. Wife is starting to understand how many of us Packer fans there are. On to Bro's friend who has connections to a house party about a block away, more drinx.
Enter NFL Mecca, very nice with what they've done to the place. Find our seats, fortunately in the shade. Crowd is pumped up for an easy win against Bengals.
1st half - uninspired play, behind in points, nervous. Halftime show- All the Old School greats come out on the field. I was standing ovation for GBP names I have not heard in 40 years!
2nd half - Still behind, Boo birds coming out, much grumbling. Then towards end of 4th quarter momentum shifts to Packers. Goes to Overtime...Bengals win the toss, recieve...I keep telling my wife, " If they can just stop them here..." and they do!
Green Bay get the ball, march downfield, & "GERONIMO!" takes it to field goal range FTW!
I could not have written a better scenario. After show around Lambeau was also very cool.

*Sidenote- New Stadium rule- Woman's purses must be "transparent" (Ask someone local)

wpr
I was sweating my butt off at that game. Pity we didn't get together with Zero and some others.
Blitz
I believe that wpr.
I brought my 12 jersey all the way there from Europe, but on game day there was no way I could wear a dark nylon shirt, too friggin' hot!

Is there generally a meeting point before games?

I also should add there is now a "Family Area" across from Lambeau in the direction of the Highway. Horseshoes, Bean Bag toss, Shuffleboard, Ping-Pong, etc. all free. nice playground next to a duplicate playing field for the kids to run/pass/kick. Very good idea to keep the young ones interested.

shield4life
Hey Everyone!

So I will be finally going to my first NFL game this September & it's going to be @ Lambeau Field!!!

I was supposed to be visiting 5 years ago about but you all know how things in life change quickly. Today I finally pulled the trigger with USA events and booked the Thursday night football game against the Eagles. Going to be staying at the Lodge Kohler so we could be closer to the action I guess.

I really wanted to go to a Sunday night game but schedule didn't allow, hoping that Thursday night's vibe is the same as it's a prime night game! Didn't take the tailgate option not my genre lol. Also, should i go hungry to Lambeau or should i eat before and go (the reason I ask is that here in MTL @ the bell center they don't offer anything thats worth paying the $$$ so in general we eat in advance)

Planning on doing the champions tour + hof, visiting title town.

Anything you guys suggest as a must see/visit?

Also wondering what are some nice restaurants for breakfast / lunch / dinner to go too, I'll be there for 3 days so might as well take advantage.
Cheesey
Congrats Shield!
HOF and stadium tour is a must! There are restaurants inside the Lambeau Field Atrium. If you don’t mind paying more then you would at a “normal” restaurant.
If the weather is cold, the metal bleachers get really cold to sit in. They do rent padded seats with a backrest (it was $5 each last time u was there in 2007) and well worth it in my view.
Have fun!
buckeyepackfan
Originally Posted by: shield4life 

Hey Everyone!

So I will be finally going to my first NFL game this September & it's going to be @ Lambeau Field!!!

I was supposed to be visiting 5 years ago about but you all know how things in life change quickly. Today I finally pulled the trigger with USA events and booked the Thursday night football game against the Eagles. Going to be staying at the Lodge Kohler so we could be closer to the action I guess.

I really wanted to go to a Sunday night game but schedule didn't allow, hoping that Thursday night's vibe is the same as it's a prime night game! Didn't take the tailgate option not my genre lol. Also, should i go hungry to Lambeau or should i eat before and go (the reason I ask is that here in MTL @ the bell center they don't offer anything thats worth paying the $$$ so in general we eat in advance)

Planning on doing the champions tour + hof, visiting title town.

Anything you guys suggest as a must see/visit?

Also wondering what are some nice restaurants for breakfast / lunch / dinner to go too, I'll be there for 3 days so might as well take advantage.

Must be a game gor first timers.
I as well will be there that Thursday.
My niece for some reason married an Eagle fan. He called me as soon as the schedule came out.
So we decided to make it a 3 day event.
sschind
If you've got a bit of the moocher mentality you probably wouldn't have to spend a dime on food outside the stadium. Get there several hours early and just spend some time walking around the stadium. Wear you packers gear, a big smile and be friendly and I'd be surprised if you were not offered all the brats and burgers you could eat and enough beers to wash them down. The tailgate option offered with these tours is usually an organized bash and is not really tailgating as far as I am concerned and I can see where that may not be your thing but walking around the stadium and the parking lot and mixing with people who are truly tailgating is not the same.

Seriously though, even though I am only half joking, I'd recommend getting something outside although I hear the have a few unique menu items only found inside the stadium.

I highly recommend the seat cushions. Not only do they offer a bit of padding but with the way the seating is you may find yourself a bit cramped. At least the cushions give you a bit more semblance of your own personal space.

I never did the stadium tour but I snuck away from my sisters wedding for a couple of hours once to do the HOF. I was hesitant at first but it was a great experience if you are at all interested in the history. If you want to see a lot of interesting packer memorabilia I'd suggest taking a few hours to hit a few local antique shops as well. The stuff is usually priced way out of whack but you will see some very cool things. Tittletown Antiques had the most interesting stuff but I don't even know if they are still around as it was eons ago when I was there. They were still on Ebay a few years back though so they may be still around.
gbguy20
You can definitely eat and drink for free outside the stadium if you just walk around the local neighborhood. There will be tailgate parties every 3 feet. You will probably be offered a beer, burger, and brat by every one of them. And they will probably offer their bathroom as well. If you are going to be in town for a few days I do recommend trying the different restaurants in the stadium, though maybe not on game day. Not a whole lot of great restaurants in town, just the usual chains. I recommend checking out the park on the south shore of green bay while you are there too, super cool.
wpr
Congratulations!!! Everyone needs to make the trip to Mecca at least once in their life.

I usually eat before I go inside because, like most of the other major sport franchises, you pay extra inside. A brat and a drink just to say you did it won't break you but you wouldn't want to get 3 or 4 beers.

Things to do- The HoF and Tour are great. They have a huge gift shop. Naturally it's bit pricey too. There is another clothing store The Jersey Store a few blocks from the stadium. 1931 Holmgren Way, Green Bay, WI 54304

There will be all kinds of vendor booths as you walk up Armed Forces Dr. Be sure to get a few beads. They are about a $1 each. My secretary has a couple of girls and I stop to get them some stuff for Christmas every year.

Their new Titletown park should be well underway. I don't know much about it but it's across the street from the stadium.

Restaurants- There is all the typical franchise joints around. Many of them between the stadium and the expressway. Zero likes Krolls for a burger I have been to the HuHot a few times.

Bars- Stadium View and Anduzzi's a re a couple of the bigger bars near the stadium. The Bar is a 3rd option. Green Bay Distillery use to be a curling club as I walk back to my car they always look crowded.

Eagles fans are some of the most self righteous, obnoxious fans I have ever seen. They travel well. If the Eagles are doing well you will hear the "Fly Eagles Fly" chant until you are ready to puke. A coupe of years ago my sister in law live streamed in Chicago at the Bears - Eagles game. the fans were just as annoying.

Have a good time and bring home the win.
shield4life
Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Congrats Shield!
HOF and stadium tour is a must! There are restaurants inside the Lambeau Field Atrium. If you don’t mind paying more then you would at a “normal” restaurant.
If the weather is cold, the metal bleachers get really cold to sit in. They do rent padded seats with a backrest (it was $5 each last time u was there in 2007) and well worth it in my view.
Have fun!

Thanks Cheesey, never thought about the bleachers being cold, good point!

I'll keep in mind!
shield4life
Originally Posted by: wpr 

Congratulations!!! Everyone needs to make the trip to Mecca at least once in their life.

I usually eat before I go inside because, like most of the other major sport franchises, you pay extra inside. A brat and a drink just to say you did it won't break you but you wouldn't want to get 3 or 4 beers.

Things to do- The HoF and Tour are great. They have a huge gift shop. Naturally it's bit pricey too. There is another clothing store The Jersey Store a few blocks from the stadium. 1931 Holmgren Way, Green Bay, WI 54304

There will be all kinds of vendor booths as you walk up Armed Forces Dr. Be sure to get a few beads. They are about a $1 each. My secretary has a couple of girls and I stop to get them some stuff for Christmas every year.

Their new Titletown park should be well underway. I don't know much about it but it's across the street from the stadium.

Restaurants- There is all the typical franchise joints around. Many of them between the stadium and the expressway. Zero likes Krolls for a burger I have been to the HuHot a few times.

Bars- Stadium View and Anduzzi's a re a couple of the bigger bars near the stadium. The Bar is a 3rd option. Green Bay Distillery use to be a curling club as I walk back to my car they always look crowded.

Eagles fans are some of the most self righteous, obnoxious fans I have ever seen. They travel well. If the Eagles are doing well you will hear the "Fly Eagles Fly" chant until you are ready to puke. A coupe of years ago my sister in law live streamed in Chicago at the Bears - Eagles game. the fans were just as annoying.

Have a good time and bring home the win.

Don't worry about the win. I'm going to be sitting right in back of the Eagles, I'll radio in the calls to Rodgers and he'll audible to the play that gives him best advantage 🤣 🤣

buckeyepackfan
Originally Posted by: shield4life 

Don't worry about the win. I'm going to be sitting right in back of the Eagles, I'll radio in the calls to Rodgers and he'll audible to the play that gives him best advantage 🤣 🤣

I'm going to be at around the 20yd line on The Eagles side.
Going with an Eagle fan, could have got about the same tics on The Packers side, but he is driving.
As much as I like Green Bay, don't want to get stranded there. 😂😂😂
Can't wait!
shield4life
Looking back at my post not to long ago loool, the only game the Packers decided to lose at home this year seems to be the one I ended up going too!