steveishere
7 years ago
The offense has been borderline embarrassing for about 16 games now. If something was going to kick loose it would have. McCarthy just has no idea what to do to get it right.
nerdmann
7 years ago

I can't recall the last time that a GB Coach or asst. Coach was released during a season. I would have liked to have seen some changes in M.McCarthy's Staff prior to Training Camp, but I don't foresee any changes until the end of the season.

The most important change needs to take place at the top, REPLACE TED THOMPSON ! Change the poor way that CB's and WR's are selected. As for #12, he's in a slump and the poor play of the WR's/TE are not helping. Nelson is getting better each week and Cobb is improving as well. #12's protection has been very good, but no QB holds a football that long unless they can't get a target to throw to.

The Packers problem is that TT's player personal choices favor maintaining the status quo instead of winning championships. McCarthy and his staff can only do their best with the personal they are provided with.

[cheers]

Originally Posted by: Smokey 

Agreed about the staff.

I thiank god for Ted though. This team can't stay healthy. Next man up.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Barfarn
7 years ago
The D was missing their top 3 CBs.

The O has no problems at all. It’s just one guy…same ole’ Jay: 2 good plays one bad; 2 great plays 1 really sucky. Look at the 4th round rookie; there is no reason Hundley cant do that. As I told ya’ll last year, Rodgers’ attitude combined with his suckery negatively affects other players. This team would be 4-1, tied with Minny for sure and maybe 5-0 if Rodgers was on IR.

Rodgers single handedly LOST the Vikes game and he dug us in a hole and single handedly prevented any chance at comeback. Had he done his job Dallas would not have had the ball at end of half. If Rodgers performed and McCarthy had confidence in his 2nd half; McCarthy would not have called the TOs. McCarthy feared Rodgers would suck in 2nd half and the INT and fumble out of the gate prove McCarthy was right to play from a position of desperation.

3rd Q of this game, we need him to perform…Stupid INT. The D holds to FG. Then a stupid fumble. In response the D gets an INT inside 10 and we get a damn FG. D get INT; stupid FG. Brady, Elway, Manning have their team up 27-23; but we got Aaron Cutler.

Some of you say, you don’t care if the guy’s an asshole; well the problem with that is that a QB’s assholeism prevents them from being a good teammate which harms the team.

And relationship? There’s no god damn relationship. Brady and Belichek don’t have a “relationship.” Manning and Dungy didn’t have a “relationship.” The QB does what the damn coach says; that’s the relationship.

And McCarthy knows EXACTLY how to fix the problem and he’s doin’ it. Remember the last asshole dick-pic QB that saw himself bigger than the team?

Rodgers has only been a 3-Quarter elite guy anyways; he’s a choker. In SB and Philly game, Brady scores TDs in the 4th Q and ends those games; same in AZ, Seattle, etc.
steveishere
7 years ago
If Rodgers is the only problem and Mike doesn't have the balls to bench him then McCarthy is the problem and he needs to go
DakotaT
7 years ago
I think it's time to fire McCarthy. He's been here too long. But then I thought he should have been fired on the 50 yard line in Seattle two years ago after his team dominated the defending Super Bowl champions for 3.5 quarters.

McCarthey does not get from his players what a great coach does. You think Belicheck would have only won a single Super Bowl with the talent we've had in Green Bay for the last seven years?

We'll watch it all play out, but in the end, we'll still not get back to where we should, because our coach is a pussy. He's arrogant to a fault with his play calling, and he has no idea how to maximize the talent he has on the field. And when he is finally fired, Capers better be going with him.
UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
7 years ago
Coincidence? Rodgers performance has sucked since he quit Dairy.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
blueleopard
7 years ago
I like how people are calling for McCarthy's head, but the only other coach people are mentioning are Bill Belichick.

We're not gonna get Bill Belichick, guys.

We're not gonna get Bill Cowher either.

Nope, not Bruce Arians.

So do, pray tell, who the hell that's available that's better than Mike McCarthy right now.
Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
Barfarn
7 years ago

If Rodgers is the only problem and Mike doesn't have the balls to bench him then McCarthy is the problem and he needs to go

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

Drops, not having several all pro receivers, poor OL play, etc., is why the GB offense in 2014 had to punt as often as it did. The difference from 2014 and the last 16 games is 100% due to Rodgers.

McCarthy has the balls...he's already done it once. He said he screwed up in 2007 Giants PO game by not making a QB change, he wont make same mistake again.

Replacing a legend mid season is difficult. If not done right, half the locker room could feel Rodgers gives them the best chance of winning and a team can be lost.

But he's working on it! He cant say Rodgers sucks; but announcing they're going to rely more on the running game is coach speak for, "I dont trust my QB and I'm phasing him out." Think about it: our RBs are a Starks, whose knee just got cut; a terribly hobbled and asthma ridden Lacy and Don Jackson. He's saying he's shifting workload to that group from 2-time MVP Rodgers? Trust me, Trust Boy is on the way out.

I assure you that if Rodgers gets concussed, GB will be "very careful" with the injury and give Hundley 2-3 starts. McCarthy will not go through another season like this. Rodgers will be gone in off season unless there's a dramatic turnaround.
beast
7 years ago

So do, pray tell, who the hell that's available that's better than Mike McCarthy right now.

Originally Posted by: blueleopard 

It's very hard to tell who's better until they're given a shot... but if I had to look for a new head coach Kyle Shanahan and Frank Reich would be guys I needed to look at.

Kyle Shanahan seems to be successful everywhere he has been (excluding Cleveland, where he reportedly resigned from his offensive coordinator position after disagreeing with the front office's mandate that rookie QB Johnny Manziel start.) But he has help make offenses that made Matt Schaub and Robert Griffin III look good and is doing pretty well with the Falcons right now. And has worked under Jon Gruden, Gary Kubiak, Mike Shanahan and now Dan Quinn.

Frank Reich, I know less about other than former QB who lead the biggest comebacks in NCAA and NFL history. But he's worked with some great players (though they might of been great before he coached them), but basically Peyton Manning, Reggie Wayne, Pierre Garcon, Larry Fitzgerald, Michael Floyd, Phillip Rivers and now Carson Wentz.... now it might just be luck that he's gotten to coach some star players.... but he should be at least looked at.

I'm sure there are some other options that need to be looked at, of people I've never heard of and other options out there.... Jim Harbaugh (though the 49ers had to seriously be tired of him to get rid of him)
UserPostedImage
yooperfan
7 years ago

Coincidence? Rodgers performance has sucked since he quit Dairy.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

That's funny, my wife just said the same thing last night.😂

Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (5h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (5h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.