Barfarn
7 years ago

Where did you see he missed last week because of a concussion?

Andy Reid said it was a coaches decision for him not to play.

Full Participation in Practice
http://www.nfl.com/injuries?week=6 

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Davis got a concussion Oct 2 v. Steelers and entered concussion protocol [KC had a bye week 5]

Here’s injury reports leading up to game, I just assumed. In hindsight, if Davis practiced last week,and Z2C's link shows he did, then he was probably was held out of the Oak. game because Ted came a callin.’

Chiefs | Week 6 inactives for Chiefs (Sun Oct 16, 02:45 PM) - The Kansas City Chiefs have declared OT Bryan Witzmann, OG Jordan Devey, CB Kenneth Acker, RB Knile Davis, TE Ross Travis, LB Sio Moore, QB Tyler Bray inactive for Week 6.

Chiefs | Friday injury report for Chiefs (Fri Oct 14, 08:06 PM) - Kansas City Chiefs LB Tamba Hali (knee) did not participate in practice Friday, Oct. 14, but is not on the injury report for Week 6. RB Knile Davis (concussion), CB Phillip Gaines (knee), LB Sio Moore (illness) and OT Jah Reid (knee) fully participated in practice and are not on the injury report.

Chiefs | Thursday practice report for Chiefs (Thu Oct 13, 06:59 PM) - Kansas City Chiefs LB Tamba Hali (knee) was limited in practice Thursday, Oct. 13. RB Knile Davis (concussion), CB Phillip Gaines (knee), LB Sio Moore (illness) and OT Jah Reid (knee) participated fully.
Barfarn
7 years ago

I like that the Packers are being proactive in improving the roster considering how beat up they are at RB. A 7th round pick isn't much if he can help stabilize the backfield.

All that being said I know virtually nothing about the guy but he's a former 3rd round pick so obviously some people think he has/had talent.

Originally Posted by: isocleas2 

Could just be one guy who thinks he has talent: Ted😁. Chiefs GM Dorsey started in KC in Jan 2013 and Davis was a 3rd rounder in his first draft. Where did Dorsey form all his opinions of players for 2013 draft? Correct, 1265's scouting department, staff and Ted.

In the 2013 draft, Chiefs got Comp pick #96 for CB Derek Carr and had #99 and #134. GB had pick #88, traded down to #93 and traded down again to #109 and picked Bahkteiri there. GB also had picks at #122 [Tretter] and #125 [Franklin].

Dorsey probably knew Ted was looking for a RB with one of those 3 4th rounders and knew Knile was a target. If he didnt get Knile with #96 or #99, he'd not get him. Dorsey inherited Ted's ideal that RBs are a dime a dozen as he has not drafted one since. Yet, given he already had Charles; Dorsey thought Davis was special enough to warrant a 3rd rounder. We also know GB scouting dept thought highly of Davis or Dorsey would have never drafted him at #96

Maybe this will be history sort of repeating:

Dorsey and Ted had front row seats for the Ahman Green trade from Seattle in 2000. IN '98 Dorsey, director of player personel, was in Seattle's war room when Green was drafted. Then in 2000 both Dorsey and Green went to GB. Dorsey resigned from Seattle before the 2000 draft. During the draft [April 15] GB traded for Green and gave up Fred Vinson. Though Dorsey wasn't hired by GB until May 8, 2000, in April Dorsey surely was in contract negotiations with GB and probably was consulted with about Green. Also in 2000, Ted left GB to became Seattle's VP of football operations. He undoubtedly had input into trading Green for CB Vinson, though Holmgren was the GM. In hindsight, we know Dorsey Fleeced Ted on that trade-Big time!

Like Davis: in 30 games with Seattle in '98-99 Green, a real speedster, had 51 rushes for 329 and 1 TD, with 3 Fumbles. So, he was also unproductive [though his average was 6+] and couldn't hold on to the ball either. Hopefully, the Davis trade is just like the Green trade except this time the score will be evened: Ted will fleece Dorsey.

I'm sure Ted could and did ask Dorsey and Dorsey would honestly reply if he thought Davis might benefit from a change of scenery or was a worthless tool. And if Davis does becomes Green, Dorsey will be glad he's not in AFC.

The trade is little to no risk and Davis surely has a ton of upside. If Davis does well and GB cant resign him; Ted will probably recoup the pick he loses to KC with a comp pick.
Zero2Cool
7 years ago
Oh, now Mike got jokes?

UserPostedImage
nyrpack
7 years ago
If he helps why not !!
jimmy b.
nerdmann
7 years ago

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

nfldraftscout 

40 Low: 4.25 40 Time: 4.35 40 High: 4.46

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
nerdmann
7 years ago
Sounds great, if we can keep him healthy. This team isn't known for it's great training staff. 🤣

nfl combine 

Strengths Big-bodied north-south runner. Has a thick lower-body build and runs with enough forward lean to run through arm tackles. Agile enough to spin off tackles inside and hurdle would-be tacklers in the open field. Can use the strength he builds in the weight room to be a physical pass protector, aware enough to hit multiple targets. Provides some receiving skills as a check-down option over the middle and handling good throws in the flat.

Weaknesses Has a long injury history, missing time or playing hurt in every season of his college career, in addition to the final two years of his of his high school career. Runs a bit top-heavy, gets tripped up easily in space, especially before he gets his head of steam. Inconsistent taking on tacklers at the second level, will try to run around them instead of using his strength. Inconsistent protecting his quarterback, resorts to (and misses) cut blocks. Lack of hip flexibility hurts his ability to adjust to poor throws as a receiver. Was unable to display adequete foot quickness in his final season.
NFL Comparison Corey Dillon

Bottom Line Davis is a bruising back who has struggled with injuries since high school, lost his entire 2011 season due to a broken ankle, and failed to look like the same player in 2012 as he was in 2010. In 2010, Davis sparked the Razorbacks with an impressive late-season surge when he led SEC with 1,322 rushing yards, 13 scores. His power and burst in the open field make him tough to stop when all his parts are in working order; but this has proved to be a struggle for Davis.

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
beast
7 years ago
I'm been disappointed that with all his physical talent and speed that he hasn't been able to do more... but maybe a new place will help. Also maybe spreading the offense out more?

Though I have to admit that I can't understand why they didn't use Rip as a RB against the Cowboys... like Kuhn was the backup RB when he was here.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
7 years ago
Well....considering we have NO running back, they HAD to do SOMETHING.
I know nothing about the guy, but he has to be better then Ty Montgomery in the backfield.
UserPostedImage
sschind
7 years ago
He had a few flashes filling in for Jamal Charles for a few games in 2014 Everyone thought he would be the primary backup last year and he lost that job to Charcandrick West. This year is Spencer Ware's turn and the Chiefs may have finally found Charles' replacement. Until this year at least the backup RB in KC was not going to get a chance to really showcase his talents as long was Charles is healthy.

For what we had to give up I'm fine with it. We can't keep lining up WRs in the RB spot. They are fine to throw to out of the backfield but I don't really want to see Cobb or Montgomery getting 15 + carries a game and IMO we need a true RB who can give us that. I'm not sure if Davis will be that guy but IMO it a no lose situation.
beast
7 years ago

For what we had to give up I'm fine with it. We can't keep lining up WRs in the RB spot. They are fine to throw to out of the backfield but I don't really want to see Cobb or Montgomery getting 15 + carries a game and IMO we need a true RB who can give us that. I'm not sure if Davis will be that guy but IMO it a no lose situation.

Originally Posted by: sschind 

Yes, especially considering what that conditional is on the conditional pick. On some of the conditional 7th round picks it's possible the team won't have to give up anything at all. So it's possible the Packers traded away nothing to the Chiefs, depending on the condition.

Also something I found really interesting was that it was a 2018 7th round pick... and not a 2017... (if the report I read was correct). Could the condition be if Davis play for the Packers in 2017? Which would be interesting because he's a FA... or if he starts so many games or snaps for the Packers?

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (6h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (6h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.