nerdmann
7 years ago

The Packers are expressing growing concern about wide receiver Jordy Nelson as he continues his slow start after recovering from a torn ACL during the 2015 preseason, a team source tells Jason Cole of Bleacher Report (video link). Specifically, Green Bay is worried that Nelson has not regained his "speed and explosiveness' thus far this [...]

Continue Reading @ Pro Football Rumors 

Pro Football Rumors wrote:

Dude is too old to just bounce back from such a severe injury. He's gonna need time. He'll get back to (or close to) that peak, but may not stay there long before age sets in. I think he's probably got a couple good years left.

Also recall he didn't get ANY snaps during the preseason.

IMO Randall Cobb is just now bouncing back from his broken leg. Wasn't that in '14? He busted it just below the knee. Shit takes time.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
yooperfan
7 years ago
Holy cow, he's covered by 2or 3 defenders at all times.
steveishere
7 years ago

Dude is too old to just bounce back from such a severe injury. He's gonna need time. He'll get back to (or close to) that peak, but may not stay there long before age sets in. I think he's probably got a couple good years left.

Also recall he didn't get ANY snaps during the preseason.

IMO Randall Cobb is just now bouncing back from his broken leg. Wasn't that in '14? He busted it just below the knee. Shit takes time.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

It was a fibula fracture in 2013 that he came back from during the same season then had 1200 yard 12 TD the next season. So that theory doesn't make any sense at all.
gbguy20
7 years ago
Better not get any dumb ideas.
beast
7 years ago

Nelson is older and may never bounce back... and of course there is another theory that says knee injuries normally seem to take two years to fully recovery from (if your not taking Adrian Peterson's secret juice (assuming Peterson had some secret juice and it wasn't some sort of miracle or true freak of nature thing))

Also I believe some tweet during the game that after one play Nelson got up slowly and was looking at his leg like it might be hurt... the TV didn't seem to take notice and he stayed in the game... also some have said the Bears only had one very good CB and he was on Nelson most of the game.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
7 years ago
How long do Nelson and Cobb keep cashing their big paychecks, when there are younger players chomping at the bit to take their place?

A lot goes in to all these decisions. GM's have tough jobs, even tougher when injuries bear their ugly head on a team. Everyone thought we were loaded going into the season, not so much anymore.

I'm a lot more concerned with running back and corner back than wide receivers though.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
7 years ago

How long do Nelson and Cobb keep cashing their big paychecks, when there are younger players chomping at the bit to take their place?

A lot goes in to all these decisions. GM's have tough jobs, even tougher when injuries bear their ugly head on a team. Everyone thought we were loaded going into the season, not so much anymore.

I'm a lot more concerned with running back and corner back than wide receivers though.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

I think Cobb's only like 25.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
7 years ago

I think Cobb's only like 25.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

August 22, 1990 (age 26)
Such a disseminator of false information. 😁
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
7 years ago
So Ty, Davante and Randall all go for 10+ receptions and over 100yds (Ty combined).

You are the Falcons DC.

Do you now double team one or 2 of those guys or do you continue to double team Jordy?

Hopefully in the next 10 days The Packers come up with some kind of a resemblence of a running game.

I'm not worried at all about Jordy, his time is coming.

Just like in 2011 - 2014 it was always "be ready" depending on matchups it may be YOUR day.

Until the run game comes together The Packers may have to turn almost exclusively to the passing game.

This will work until the weather changes, then they will need a run game.

Until then.......BRING ON THE BIG 5!!!!!!!
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
buckeyepackfan
7 years ago

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

I would say until their contracts run out.
The Packers are not in any type of cap trouble.
If anyone wouldn't have a problem restructuring, I would place my money on Jordy.
He made every Agent in the world cringe when he said he would never be able to spend all the money he signed for.

As far as young guys, they now know coming in how much they are going to make their 1st 3 or 4 years, Jordy proved himself as did Randall.
They only need to look at their success and the money they are now earning to keep working to be the best they can.

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (7h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (7h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.