Porforis
7 years ago

I'd like to see his commitment to adhering to fundamentals.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

He's never adhered to fundamentals, ever. He's always had a wonky delivery, he's always preferred to throw rolling out.
nerdmann
7 years ago

He's never adhered to fundamentals, ever. He's always had a wonky delivery, he's always preferred to throw rolling out.

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

Youre thinking of Bert. Aaron has deceloped this mania for sandlot ball, but thats the problem. He doesnt take 3 or 5 step drops. Doesnt go thru his progressions.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
7 years ago
I'm not sure what would happen to the quality of my job performance if I had the opportunities to hang out with Olivia Munn with great frequency.

Actually, I am pretty sure what would happen.

:)
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Porforis
7 years ago

Youre thinking of Bert. Aaron has deceloped this mania for sandlot ball, but thats the problem. He doesnt take 3 or 5 step drops. Doesnt go thru his progressions.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

That was exactly my point. He's never been that player, and he's enjoyed tremendous success in the past being the player he is. I don't disagree that he's drifted FURTHER away from fundamentals, but as far as a commitment to adhering to them, that's not the player he is or ever was.
nerdmann
7 years ago

That was exactly my point. He's never been that player, and he's enjoyed tremendous success in the past being the player he is. I don't disagree that he's drifted FURTHER away from fundamentals, but as far as a commitment to adhering to them, that's not the player he is or ever was.

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

He was always the "mechanics" guy. That's how Mike built him, from the ground up into a QB.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Barfarn
7 years ago

Its was and has been play calling. Only need to look at the Fumble last night. Every WR 10-15 yards downfield before making any cuts. When the offense was working last night, it was predominately routes <10yards. They keep running 2-3 WR in different combinations of routes under 10 yards deep, the deep routes will open up, and the chance for pass rush to get to Rodgers decreases.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

First: it was 3rd and 10!!!!!

Second: The play design on the subject play was excellent, as they were all night, as they have been for each of the past 16 weeks.

Back to basics moment. That chart you see McCarthy has in his hand has plays grouped in a handful of different ways. Most of the plays on that card are grouped by down and distance. The plays grouped under, for example, 1st and 10; 2nd and 4-6; 3rd and 2-4 are likely to have a greater # of WRs running shorter routes [given the game plan designed for Bears] than a play grouped under 3rd and 10. A well designed 3rd and 10 play will often have 2-3 receivers beyond the line to gain and 2 or 3 receivers running shorter routes. The shorter routes serve 2 purposes: (1) to move the underneath cover guys to a spot on the field so they are not in front of the receivers making their cuts at or beyond the sticks; and (2) in the event the deeper receivers are not open or the rush doesn't permit time, the QB can dump off to avoid the sack, get at least some field position yards and if something exceptional occurs maybe even get that 1st down.

On the subject play, Rodgers' first read was to R.Rodgers on an In at 7 yards, who was open by a full yard and covered by a LB. Rodgers no pressure and perfect vision to throw a strike; but unless the throw was 100% perfect, the LB would most likely tackle RRodgers for a 7-8 yard gain. Even if the throw hits R.Rodgers perfectly in stride, R.Rodgers could still have been tackled short of the sticks. In hindsight that is the throw ARodgers should have done; but based on the circumstances at the time, it was not a bad decision for Rodgers not to throw make that throw. Rodgers could have no sense that a jail break was about to occur; so given the protection he had to that point, undoubtedly, Rodgers assumed he'd have time to complete to Reads 2A and B on left for the first or Read 3 on right.

Up to this point in the play he resembled MVP Rodgers. But then, [trumpet sound] da, da, da, da, Trust Boy Rodgers appears:

It took a while, but a stunting DLman came around Bulaga, who tried to block the stunt and the man he'd been stone-walling, which allowed both to break free. You can see when Rodgers starts his evasive action. The MVP Rodgers at that moment would have unloaded the ball to a wide open Monty circling out of the backfield. Monty had 7-8 yards for sure and might have gotten the 1st if WRs block well or CBs cant tackle him. Take note of the exceptional play design: R. Rodgers takes the rest of the underneath coverage right, Monty circles out of backfield from right and runs a Cross left! PERFECTION!

Of course the 2nd bone head move by doppelganger Rodgers was that MVP Rodgers would have never fumbled there. NO ONE EVEN TOUCHED THE BALL.
Barfarn
7 years ago

So does that defend the idea that Aaron is "tanking it in purpose" though? 😂

Because, beyond emotion, there obviously isn't a better explanation right. If he wasn't trying to destroy this team on purpose we would have had 11 TD.

I swear, us Packers fan sometimes.

Originally Posted by: The_Green_Ninja 

You're arguing using the logical fallacy of the "Strawman." The "it"in "tanking it" has never referred to an individual act or play; but you are pretending that is what "it" meant.

Lets' use simile:

Lacy did not "intend" to get fat and out of shape. However, in the 2014 off season Lacy made thousands of micro decisions that were 100% intentional, like: not running those steps today or that mile tomorrow; not stopping after eating 5lbs of prime rib; eating a 6 gallon hot fudge sunday, etc.

Rodgers could and should be working on, for example: ball security; seeing a psychologist about trusting his receivers; working on his footwork, balance and arm slot; forcing himself to go through the progressions; when a play comes in he does like endeavor to act like a grown-up instead of a pouting petulant debutante that didnt get the dress she wanted for her cotillion; etc. Rodgers has 100% intentional refused to work on these things just like Lacy intentionally refused to follow his 2014 off season workout and diet plan.

Lacy INTENTIONALLY got fat and sabotaged his ability to run well for 16 games. So just because he runs like an animal working his arse off, do we say, "it's okay Eddie, get to 400lbs if you want?.

Rodgers is INTENTIONALLY SABOTAGING his ability to play QB.

And about his play in Chicago, better, but nothing that Cutler hasn't done. Until Rodgers plays consistently well, even for an entire game, then it's just: Same ole' Jay.

Got it?
DoddPower
7 years ago
Other than missing a few throws, didn't Aaron Rodgers play almost exactly like many here want him to and complain about all the time? Quick timing route passes, getting the ball out of his hands in rhythm. Isn't that what some of you wanted?
sschind
7 years ago

Other than missing a few throws, didn't Aaron Rodgers play almost exactly like many here want him to and complain about all the time? Quick timing route passes, getting the ball out of his hands in rhythm. Isn't that what some of you wanted?

Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

I think if Rodgers played every game like he did against the Bears everyone would be happy. Especially the second half. I'm not real happy about needing 59 pass attempts but I certainly can't argue with the results and I completely understand given the RB situation.

You hit it on the head though Dodd. Its exactly what most have been calling for and it worked I'm not saying that 1 half of football against the Bears is proof that its the best way to go but it certainly seems to lend a quite a bit of support

nerdmann
7 years ago

I think if Rodgers played every game like he did against the Bears everyone would be happy. Especially the second half. I'm not real happy about needing 59 pass attempts but I certainly can't argue with the results and I completely understand given the RB situation.

You hit it on the head though Dodd. Its exactly what most have been calling for and it worked I'm not saying that 1 half of football against the Bears is proof that its the best way to go but it certainly seems to lend a quite a bit of support

Originally Posted by: sschind 

He was definitely better.

I wouldnt say he's all the way back.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (4h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (4h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.