Zero2Cool
7 years ago
Ty Montgomery has practiced at RB for over a month now and he has a background of being a RB. Stop being bitches about a "WR" playing RB.

Ty Montgomery's background as a running back helps him adapt to his hybrid role with the Packers.

Ty Montgomery was in the stands at Texas Stadium on Oct. 27, 2002, when Emmitt Smith became the NFL’s all-time leading rusher. Montgomery was 9 years old, a Dallas resident and an impressionable Cowboys fan, and he idolized Smith and the man whose record Smith broke.

“I was a big fan of Walter Payton,” Montgomery said. “I had a pair of KangaROOS that I found in a Ross (store), actually. I was a big fan of Earl Campbell. Barry Sanders. Marshall Faulk. Emmitt Smith. And Eddie George, as well.”

As a senior at St. Mark’s School of Texas, Montgomery rushed for 893 yards and averaged nearly 10 yards a carry, but his days as a running back were about to end. At Stanford, he was a receiver and kick returner, and the Green Bay Packers drafted him in the third round in 2015 with those roles in mind.

However, necessity being the mother of invention — and position changes — Montgomery found himself primarily in the backfield Thursday night and played a pivotal role in the Packers’ 26-10 victory over the Chicago Bears.

“It doesn’t matter,” he said. “I can do this for however long.”

Even for the rest of the season?

“Yeah, if I have to,” Montgomery said. “It’s a lot of fun back there. I love it. I just love being on the field with these guys, contributing however I can.”

Continue Reading @ PackersNews 

PackersNews wrote:

UserPostedImage
yooperfan
7 years ago
Now that's a great attitude!😁
steveishere
7 years ago
Mike will bench him whenever Starks gets back.
DakotaT
7 years ago

Ty Montgomery has practiced at RB for over a month now and he has a background of being a RB. Stop being bitches about a "WR" playing RB.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Montgomery at half back is out of dire necessity. Maybe we should discuss why that is instead of calling everybody bitches?
UserPostedImage
steveishere
7 years ago

Montgomery at half back is out of dire necessity. Maybe we should discuss why that is instead of calling everybody bitches?

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

Because the #1 and 3 RB are on IR and #2 out for a couple more weeks. #5 RB was just traded for a few days ago and #4 RB got hurt on like his 2nd run of the game. Montgomery got a shot at RB out of necessity but he should stay there because he's a really good weapon at RB.

The guy is built like a RB and plays the position well. Bitching about the number on his jersey or the fact that a depth chart says WR next to his name is pointless and stupid. If he plays RB he's a RB.
DakotaT
7 years ago

Because the #1 and 3 RB are on IR and #2 out for a couple more weeks. #5 RB was just traded for a few days ago and #4 RB got hurt on like his 2nd run of the game. Montgomery got a shot at RB out of necessity but he should stay there because he's a really good weapon at RB.

The guy is built like a RB and plays the position well. Bitching about the number on his jersey or the fact that a depth chart says WR next to his name is pointless and stupid. If he plays RB he's a RB.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

I don't agree that he's built like a running back at all. He's built like a powerhouse WR or small tight end. I don't care about the number on his jersey, I care about the pounding he's taking, and the huge risk this team is taking with one of their stud young receivers.
UserPostedImage
steveishere
7 years ago

I don't agree that he's built like a running back at all. He's built like a powerhouse WR or small tight end. I don't care about the number on his jersey, I care about the pounding he's taking, and the huge risk this team is taking with one of their stud young receivers.

McCarthy wasn't using him at WR anyways so what risk? He was just being a stud on the bench till he got a shot at RB and now he's been one of our most impactful players the last 2 games.

Montgomery is listed at 6'0" 216lb
Starks 6'2" 218lb
Jackson 5'10" 208lb
Crockett 6'0" 217lb

Lesean McCoy 5'11" 208lb
Demarco Murray 6'1" 220
Melvin Gordon 6'1" 220
Matt Forte 6'1" 218
Adrian Peterson 6'1" 220

A lot of good RB built similarly so I guess I'm not sure what a RB is built like as opposed to a "powerhouse WR" or "small TE"
Zero2Cool
7 years ago
That there ^^ some good shit yo

Barry Sanders, the greatest.
5' 8" 203 lbs
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
7 years ago

McCarthy wasn't using him at WR anyways so what risk? He was just being a stud on the bench till he got a shot at RB and now he's been one of our most impactful players the last 2 games.

Montgomery is listed at 6'0" 216lb
Starks 6'2" 218lb
Jackson 5'10" 208lb
Crockett 6'0" 217lb

Lesean McCoy 5'11" 208lb
Demarco Murray 6'1" 220
Melvin Gordon 6'1" 220
Matt Forte 6'1" 218
Adrian Peterson 6'1" 220

A lot of good RB built similarly so I guess I'm not sure what a RB is built like as opposed to a "powerhouse WR" or "small TE"

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

And of course all these running backs carry their weight evenly throughout their body like Montgomery does. Oh wait, no the don't. Running backs carry more weight in their legs and posteriors for power and taking hits to the lower body.

I guess we should have been making Montgomery a running back all this time since he's such a good fit. 🙄

Why can't you guys just admit the Packers are desperate? Is that so difficult?

UserPostedImage
steveishere
7 years ago

And of course all these running backs carry their weight evenly throughout their body like Montgomery does. Oh wait, no the don't. Running backs carry more weight in their legs and posteriors for power and taking hits to the lower body.

I guess we should have been making Montgomery a running back all this time since he's such a good fit. 🙄

Why can't you guys just admit the Packers are desperate? Is that so difficult?

If they did our offense would have probably been a lot better earlier. They weren't "desperate" when both Lacy and Starks were healthy but Montgomery has been a significantly better option than Starks. McCarthy is just stupidly stubborn sometimes and acts like his post training camp depth chart is permanent.

It's not like Montgomery as a RB came out of nowhere either. Even on this forum go look at the draft thread for him and there were several people suggesting he might be used as a RB.

Also I'd like to know how you know the muscle density in the legs and posterior of all these RBs.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (4h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (4h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
26m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.