beast
  • beast
  • Select Member Topic Starter
7 years ago

It's so cute of you to try and poke the bear. Try again another day.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

If Zero is trying to poke the bear, does that mean you're admitting you're a bear (fan)? 👅

Sorry, I just kidding, I read you're commit and thought it could have a double meaning... I'm pretty sure you just meant the phrase.

As for the question of Matthews hit being dirty or not. I'm pretty sure he tackled the way people teach you to tackle. Yes he broke down and squared him up (you're suppose to, gives you a better shot of getting a piece of a mobile QB), his helmet went down (not clean per say, but people do teach that as it gives higher chances of fumbles,and it's commonly down through out the sport so it's not dirty either), as far as the QBs arm not being broke... that part is a bad argument (the rest is interesting)...but Matthews can't control where the QB's arm is going to be, heck he's lucky if he can control where his body is in relation of the QBs body and not being too high or low.

And please save the, only because he has a "G" on his helmet stuff. That has nothing to do with it... refs have simple got too aggressive with protecting the QBs... normally if it's any where close they call it, or even half way there they call it. No way they should be calling that one.

Though it needs to be pointed out, that the refs aren't as protective of "running" QBs like Cam Newton, so when someone complains that he doesn't get the same calls that other QBs get, I tend to agree, because they don't give those calls as often to the running QBs... and if they did that would be extra completely unfair to the defenses, instead of just the normal unfair calls the QB gets on hits.
UserPostedImage
mi_keys
7 years ago

I don't see how that's a cheap hit at all. He hit him right in the area you are supposed to aim at as a defensive player. he can't go higher or lower or it's probably a penalty.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

Don't you know? Matthews was supposed to detach his head first before hitting Hoyer.
Born and bred a cheesehead
Zero2Cool
7 years ago

And please save the, only because he has a "G" on his helmet stuff. That has nothing to do with it... refs have simple got too aggressive with protecting the QBs... normally if it's any where close they call it, or even half way there they call it. No way they should be calling that one.

Originally Posted by: beast 

He's got this thing where he feels fans of a team bias in favor of their team so in some delusional way he thinks he has to be extreme bias AGAINST the team to even things out. Additionally, check out his comments and you'll see a trend. He rarely has anything nice to say about a player who was inked to a 2nd or 3rd contract.
UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
7 years ago

There's good hits, and then there are cheap hits. Hoyer shouldn't have a broken right now.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwj58c7qw_vPAhVF4iYKHdYoC2YQtwIIKzAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DJlWXLCyRRyY&usg=AFQjCNEpn9tNhiINwoQ_pc569KC9oyes-w&sig2=z_AZ0NHVnLkNKcWIYzMJzg

cheap? He can't hit him around the head and shoulders because he is a defenseless player, he can't hit him low because he is a quarterback. So he hits him at the only level allowed by rule and fools like you still have problems.

It can't even be said that the hit caused the break because after the hit he used his arm to try and break his fall and easily could have broken it then also.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
PackFanWithTwins
7 years ago

You're suppose see what you hit, not use your helmet to spear somebody.

But I know, Clay has a G on his helmet, he couldn't possible have maliciously injured Hoyer.

You guys are laughable.

YOu have no idea how to tackle, that is clear.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
mi_keys
7 years ago
I'll add that I live in Chicago and I've yet to hear a single claim here that it was a dirty hit. The media has said nothing about it being dirty. The fans have said nothing about it dirty. If this were truly a green tinted glasses issue, I'd expect someone here to have kicked up a fuss. Intstead? Crickets.
Born and bred a cheesehead
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
7 years ago

I'll add that I live in Chicago and I've yet to hear a single claim here that it was a dirty hit. The media has said nothing about it being dirty. The fans have said nothing about it dirty. If this were truly a green tinted glasses issue, I'd expect someone here to have kicked up a fuss. Intstead? Crickets.

Originally Posted by: mi_keys 

B&B on the SCORE would have been screaming all week long.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
7 years ago

YOu have no idea how to tackle, that is clear.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

Not suppose to use the crown of your helmet, right? Did he use the crown of his helmet? Yes, yes he did. See you what you hit, Clay. Guys that use their helmet for a tackling weapon end up with chronically sore necks.

I'm just going to start calling him Romanowski if continues being cheap.

What you care what I think, Twins? Put me ignore.

UserPostedImage
DakotaT
7 years ago

He's got this thing where he feels fans of a team bias in favor of their team so in some delusional way he thinks he has to be extreme bias AGAINST the team to even things out. Additionally, check out his comments and you'll see a trend. He rarely has anything nice to say about a player who was inked to a 2nd or 3rd contract.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Dude, stop with the conspiracy shit. I tend to think Matthews is a little cheap, horribly overpaid, is using PEDS and they are the reason for all his hamstring injuries. Don't really care for his hair modeling much either. Preferred he got a Nitshke buzz cut.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
7 years ago

Dude, stop with the conspiracy shit. I tend to think Matthews is a little cheap, horribly overpaid, is using PEDS and they are the reason for all his hamstring injuries. Don't really care for his hair modeling much either. Preferred he got a Nitshke buzz cut.

Stop proving me 100% right and I will. When I see Clay next time I'll be sure to tell him to get a haircut and I'll shake my fist and say "and stay off Troys lawn you rascal kids you!!"
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (1h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (1h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (2h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (4h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (5h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (7h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (9h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (19h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.