mi_keys
7 years ago

Can we at least all agree that the Bears still suck?

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

Fixed.

And agreed.
Born and bred a cheesehead
warhawk
7 years ago
Barnfan said:
If Rodgers played up to his salary, we would have won.If Rodgers' salary equaled his play, maybe 12M, we'd have House and/or Hayward on the roster instead of Goodson and Whitehead and Atl may not have scored 33.

I look at it like if we had Shields, Randle, and/or Rollins instead of Goodson and Whitehead Atl wouldn't have scored 33 either.
"The train is leaving the station."
Barfarn
7 years ago

Can we at least all agree that the Bears suck? All this bickering (that I'm balls deep in, to be fair) is wearing me out! Make fun of the Bears, not war!

Dammit Porforis, though you have a great sense of humor, we cant even agree on this!

The Bears didn't suck last Monday when we needed it. 😂 😂 😂 😂

But until they play the Vikes again, I'll support you, Yes, The Bears still suck!
Barfarn
7 years ago

I'm not going to bother responding to all the other issues others have replied to. I'm just going to point out that $12M, if you honestly think that's fair for Rodgers, is utterly delusional, even as disappointing as Rodgers has been for long stretches this year.

There are 23 quarterbacks in the league on $16M per year or more including such stellar quarterbacks as Brock Osweiller ($18M), Tyrod Taylor ($18M), Colin Kaepernick ($19M), and Ryan Tannehill ($19.25M). 12 of those are on $20M per year or more.

$12M is what Ryan Fitzpatrick is getting. Just about the only starting quarterbacks on less than $12M per year are on rookie deals or they play for Cleveland.

$12M. Delusional.

Originally Posted by: mi_keys 

Some guys are overpaid, but to my point, Fitzpatrick has outplayed Rodgers over the last 16 games, especially when you adjust for OL play. This is just a FACT. McCown has also played better than Rodgers.

The real question is what can Hundley do for 500K; can he do what Dak Prescott is doing?...You bet he can.

It very simple, if Rodgers wont stand in the pocket and deliver the ball. I have watched several games from 2011 to 2014 and it is NIGHT AND DAY. That is not the same QB and he will never be much better than Taylor, Tannehill or Fitzgerald, until this changes.

Kaepernik had alot of production playing behind a great OL. Like Rodgers last year; 3 years ago I was talking about how bad Kaepernik was at QB. Of course, I was called "delusional" there as well because people are hung up on stats. Finally the stats caught up to Rodgers and Kapernik and 2 weeks ago I didn;t look delusional at all.

Take the time to go back and early last year Z2C posted an PFF article about how bad Rodgers was playing. I ripped that report, Rodgers wasn't getting the stats nor was he playing at his usual HOF level; but he was playing just a small notch below that; he was still worth every bit of 22M.

See, no agenda! I try to evaluate like the GB staff does; they dont use stats, I try not to, though it's hard to argue a QB that threw for 160 yards played well and one who threw for 300 didn't. And then they weigh the evaluation against the contract [Some very very casual fans [not you MI or Porforis or Ninja] dont get this].

One thing Rodgers wasn't doing over the last year and has improved on over the last 2 weeks is he's playing better in the offense. He's only doing this because he's getting his run n' shoot way. But, I expect next time he doesn't get his way he'll go back to being worse than Osweiller and Kaepernick too; maybe he wont.

Rewatch the ATl game, look at each offensive play and ask, Could Hundley or Fitzpatrik have made that throw. You'll see that there are 4-5 plays Rodgers made that they cant and there's some intangible stuff Rodgers has over those two; but there's a handful or 2 of plays that these guys would have completed, sometimes instead of being sacked, because they were not scared in the pocket. Rodgers scored on 6 of 9 drives; I think Hundley scores on 7 or 8, though not sure he would have had as many TDs. Rodgers has been really good in the RZ over the last few weeks; really good.

This offseason Ted's gonna get some calls and he's not just going to hang up the phone. He's gonna talk to Mike about whether Hundley and these 2-3 other guys that would otherwise not be resigned if Rodgers is paid improves the team. If Mike says the team will be the same or better; then Rodgers will be traded.
Porforis
7 years ago
I honestly do not understand why so many people honestly believe Hundley is franchise-quality talent. What sample size do we have of him against first team offenses in games that matter?
Barfarn
7 years ago

I honestly do not understand why so many people honestly believe Hundley is franchise-quality talent. What sample size do we have of him against first team offenses in games that matter?

The important sample size is 2 [QBs on roster].

The guy has it all: arm strength, accuracy, accuracy on the run, poise in the pocket, running and scrambling ability. He has command of the huddle, directing players around. I see him running the offense with discipline, just like Dak. It really really sucked that he only played 1.5 Q this preseason. Last year he was alot better than Aaron Rodgers was as a rookie. This might have something to do with getting alot more help from Rodgers than Rodgers got from dick-pic. I was really anxious to see the difference in his play from yr 1 to 2.

Last year I could see him anticipating guys being open, he wasn't quite as good at this in his 7 passes this year. He threw one out route too late, he threw as the cut was being made. The pass was completed but if Sherman was the CB it may have been a pick 6. Note: the sample size is way to small to draw any solid judgement.

I did notice 2 special things in those 7 passes.

On a 3rd and 10; he stood in the pocket, went thru his progressions and Monty had a guy on his right hip; most would think Monty he was covered. Hundley fired a strike, low and left, just like Rodgers used to; the CB interfered with Monty and got a finger on the ball, but Monty still caught it, the only problem is that Monty didnt run his route deep enough for first. The commentators used to use the phrase "Rodgers threw him open;" Hundley threw Monty open.

Earlier in the game;Adams ran a deep go and was D-teamed and Hundley threw the ball away and motioned to Adams that he needed to comeback [Again showing command]. Then on the play in which Hundley got hurt Adams ran the same route, and Hundley completed a perfectly thrown 31 yard back shoulder with ZIP. He did this under pressure knowing he'd get hit and it was thrown before Adams made his move so it was thrown with great anticipation and trust [ehem] in the WR. Adams and Hundley went from being on different pages to the same page quite quick, this is a credit to both players and staff. I think this is a throw Hundley can make and doppelganger Rodgers can no longer make, well, so long as he's afraid to get hit and has less to no trust in WR.

There was one play where he tried just like Rodgers to get everyone to quickly line up as D was changing; but it didn;t work. He's not as good at that as Rodgers, but at least he was aware and should get better with more opportunity reps.

The problem with preseason is QBs dont have to deal with exotic blitzes, last moment shifts or creative unscouted coverage schemes..it's often all pretty vanilla. But with Rodgers not getting as many 1st team reps; Hundley is constantly exposed to this; changing plays or blocking schemes and hitting hot reads on blitzes, etc. If he was over matched by it; there'd be another QB on the roster. So the sample size of 2 is most telling.

No when Ted gets that call this offseason, if Mike says Hundley isn't ready, then Ted wont make the trade. Next year I am certain Hundley will be ready.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (1h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (2h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (12h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (19h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (20h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (21h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.