FloridaPacker88
15 years ago
Hey everyone!

I know a few of you on here know me but for those of you who don't I have a hobby that consists of me making a mock draft every so often during the months leading up to the draft. so I just thought I'd post this one up here and get some opinions on it. So without further ado heres my second attempt at a mock ( my first was vefore we made the 3-4 switch so its pretty much null).

Packers Mock 2.0

1) Maclom Jenkins CB/S Ohio State- Being a Buckeye fan i'm a little biased but Malcome Jenkins can absolutely play. His timed speed isn't elite but his speed on a football field makes one forget about all that. He's physical enough to play press man to man, but can also thrive a zone coverage scheme. His physicallity is almost unmatched when it comes to the other corners in this draft which leads some to believe he could also play the safety spot. he comes in and plays were ever he's needed for this season (S, Nickelback, Dimeback, etc), and then takes over for one of the Vets next season.

2) Ron Brace NT Boston College- He's not quite the overall specimen his Boston College teammate is but Brace fits the bill of a 3-4 Nose Tackle perfectly, he's very capable of taking on multiple blockers and clogging that middle up, Just wat the 3-4 asks. With Him and Picket forming a solid rotation our NT spot is set for the year.

3) Lawrence Sidbury DE/OLB Richmond- A college defensvie end that ranslates well in into a 3-4 pass rushing Outside Linebacker, his natural pass rush abillity may turn him into one of the steals of the draft. It make take some time for him to adjust to rushing from a stand up position but he definitely has the abillity to accel.

3* From jets) Troy Kropog LT/RT Tulane- A Tackle tailor made for the pro zone blocking scheme and provides instant depth on both sides. Played left tackle in college but translates more into a right tackle in the pros in my opinion, not really a road grader but thats not what were looking for.

4) Rick Jean Francois DT/DE LSU- Francois is a bit of a risk to draft here after an academinc suspension two years ago and some nagging injury concerns not to mention his threat to "Take Tim Tebow Out of a game", however would a guy with a bit of a mean streak be something this defense could use to its advantage? I believe so, and more importantly I believe a 3-4 Defensive End is the perfect position for him, weighing in at 290lbs he's perfect size and has some solid quickness with Very impressive strength at the point of attack, perfect for occupying blockers.

5) Ian Johnson RB Boise State- Johnson A consistent and determined back who can help a team in a variety of ways, running the ball (almost 800 carries in college), catching the ball out of the backfield, and also has some special teams value. Everything you look for in a change of pace 3rd down back with a chip on his shoulder thanks to doubters of his speed and abillity and that could propell him to greater heights.

6) Trevor Canfield OG/OT Cincy- Another Zoneblocking able Linemen here, has a lot of versatilillty and could eventually kick outside to Right tackle thanks to his athleticism. Has a mean streak and plays downhill bone crushing football.

6* From Saints)- Otis Wiley S Michigan State- A versatile safety with ball skills and play making abillity, falls here with Question marks on his consistency as well as injury issues during his senior campaign, great value here and will provide depth and special teams support on kick teams along with some return abillity.

7) Dominque Edison WR Stephen F. Austin- A great combination of size and speed at 6'2 and 205 pound Edison's potential alone is enough to take a flyer on him in the 7th. Isn't especially polished working against lower level competition and may find it heard to get off the line against pro DBs but with a few years of work he has the potential to be a solid NFL level contributor.
UserPostedImage
djcubez
15 years ago
Ian Johnson, isn't that the guy who proposed to his cheerleader girlfriend? If so I've read good things about him lately.
dhazer
15 years ago
Dj yes thats the guy, he seems like a steady player that will do anything for the team.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Packers_Finland
15 years ago
I would be mad at Ted Thompson if he took Jenkins, especially now that his stock has dropped.
This is a placeholder
porky88
15 years ago

I would be mad at Ted Thompson if he took Jenkins, especially now that his stock has dropped.

"Packers_Finland" wrote:

I think he'll play free safety in the NFL especially with his lack of speed. That means GB takes Jenkins and moves Nick Collins to SS whom just had a pro bowl season at FS. I think it makes little sense, but I thought that before the combine. Then again Ted Thompson has fooled us all before.
Since69
15 years ago
I've been a draftnik for years. I do my own mocks. I look at team needs and drafting philosophies. I scour the internet for scouting reports and player bios. I compare pre-combine and post-combine rankings.

In the past four years, I have been completely and consistently wrong about whom I thought Ted would draft.

One of us doesn't know what the hell he's doing...
UserPostedImage
FloridaPacker88
15 years ago

I've been a draftnik for years. I do my own mocks. I look at team needs and drafting philosophies. I scour the internet for scouting reports and player bios. I compare pre-combine and post-combine rankings.

In the past four years, I have been completely and consistently wrong about whom I thought Ted would draft.

One of us doesn't know what the hell he's doing...

"Since69" wrote:

I do the same 🙂 and ive had about the same success, though last year I did predict 2 picks in a mock Finely in the 3rd as well as Matt Flynn in the 7th.

In 06 I predicted A.J Hawk as well as Will Blackmon correctly but in the wrong round ( I pegged him the 3rd)

So my success rate isn't amazing at all haha but thats the fun of it, you never know what is gonna go down in the draft especially with Ted Thompson and his lesser known gems.
UserPostedImage
15 years ago
I've correctly gotten AJ Hawk, Blackmon, and Brandon Jackson so far.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

24-Apr / Random Babble / beast

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.