MintBaconDrivel
7 years ago
How do you interpret this quote from the unnamed player?

“For me, after a loss, yelling is not going to do anything at that point, you know what I mean?” said one player. “That’s not the right time to do it. Of course everybody is pissed off that we just lost. If somebody is going to yell, it needs to be the coach. The coach needs to yell. Mike Daniels is going to do what he wants, though. It used to bother me but now I just close my ears to it.”

Continue Reading @ PackersNews 

PackersNews wrote:

Delivering the latest and most important updates on the Green Bay Packers for your convenience.
UserPostedImage
steveishere
7 years ago
Does this team get any coaching at all?
sschind
7 years ago
Sometimes yelling is just yelling. Its not always a sign of leadership.

Take a tough loss for example. Two things players don't want to hear are "good game" and anything that is yelled at them. The first reaction is a defensive one "who are you to question my emotion" the second is something along the lines of "just shut the hell up"

Pretty much every player at that level is able to decide for themselves if they played their best or not. they don't respond to people yelling in the heat of the moment. After a few days when they have had a chance to reflect a bit maybe some yelling will get through but right after a game no one wants to hear it and it doesn't do much good IMO.

Whoever this unnamed player is I'd bet the majority of players feel just like he does.
nerdmann
7 years ago

Sometimes yelling is just yelling. Its not always a sign of leadership.

Take a tough loss for example. Two things players don't want to hear are "good game" and anything that is yelled at them. The first reaction is a defensive one "who are you to question my emotion" the second is something along the lines of "just shut the hell up"

Pretty much every player at that level is able to decide for themselves if they played their best or not. they don't respond to people yelling in the heat of the moment. After a few days when they have had a chance to reflect a bit maybe some yelling will get through but right after a game no one wants to hear it and it doesn't do much good IMO.

Whoever this unnamed player is I'd bet the majority of players feel just like he does.

Originally Posted by: sschind 

Lombardi had the ability to press the players enotional buttons. He understood them, could get inside their heads to motivate them. He understood what they needed to hear and where they had to be, emotionally.

Mike has no concept of sports psychology, he's an Xs and Os guy.

That said, if Aaron was willing to hit the open guy, we'd probably be undefeated right now. Then again, dealing with a cancer like Aaron requires some comprehension of sports psychology, the lack of which is in large part what created this monster to begin with.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
beast
7 years ago

If they don't like Mike Daniels yelling, then do something about it... like win!

But really, a lot depends on what Daniels is yelling and how he's doing it. I had a "team captain", who was complete jack@ss at times, and when he personally struggled he took it out on others (even those that were being successful)... because he couldn't handle himself when things weren't going his way.

So if Daniels is just on the warpath randomly stirring up sh!t that's one thing... and if he's noticing real problems that an attitude adjustment or yelling might fix, then that's another.

Though, saving the yelling for the next time they meet MIGHT be more effective. MIGHT BE.

And Daniels could be letting his anger out on the wrong group... maybe they should unleash Daniels on the TEs/WR/QB group... as they didn't do shit most of the second half until the Colts scored and then some of the randomly came alive.
UserPostedImage
steveishere
7 years ago

If they don't like Mike Daniels yelling, then do something about it... like win!

But really, a lot depends on what Daniels is yelling and how he's doing it. I had a "team captain", who was complete jack@ss at times, and when he personally struggled he took it out on others (even those that were being successful)... because he couldn't handle himself when things weren't going his way.

So if Daniels is just on the warpath randomly stirring up sh!t that's one thing... and if he's noticing real problems that an attitude adjustment or yelling might fix, then that's another.

Though, saving the yelling for the next time they meet MIGHT be more effective. MIGHT BE.

And Daniels could be letting his anger out on the wrong group... maybe they should unleash Daniels on the TEs/WR/QB group... as they didn't do shit most of the second half until the Colts scored and then some of the randomly came alive.

Originally Posted by: beast 

Timing matters. At halftime yeah whatever maybe you'll fire some people up but doing that stuff after the game there's no goal in mind you are just letting out frustrations.
beast
7 years ago

Timing matters. At halftime yeah whatever maybe you'll fire some people up but doing that stuff after the game there's no goal in mind you are just letting out frustrations.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

There can be a clear goal in mind... such as calling people out who didn't put in the work during the week.

If you know someone is slacking, you might give them a slight pass to see if they might be putting in some work that you're not seeing, when you're not around.... then come game time, then came out and suck during the game... it might be the perfect time to call someone out on their BS habit during the week.

Hopefully it sinks in out the day off (if there is a day off) and then they have a chip on their shoulder the next week to prove that they can pull their own weight.

UserPostedImage
nerdmann
7 years ago

There can be a clear goal in mind... such as calling people out who didn't put in the work during the week.

If you know someone is slacking, you might give them a slight pass to see if they might be putting in some work that you're not seeing, when you're not around.... then come game time, then came out and suck during the game... it might be the perfect time to call someone out on their BS habit during the week.

Hopefully it sinks in out the day off (if there is a day off) and then they have a chip on their shoulder the next week to prove that they can pull their own weight.

Originally Posted by: beast 

Maybe he knows he's not allowed to call out the starting QB. Maybe the QB is super sensitive to criticism.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
steveishere
7 years ago

Maybe he knows he's not allowed to call out the starting QB. Maybe the QB is super sensitive to criticism.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

It's really not his place anyways he likely doesn't know jack about quarterbacking. We have a Head Coach who is a supposed QB guru who calls plays and whose offense the team is running, we have an assistant HC (offense) who used to be QB coach, we have an OC AND we have a QB coach. It really seems like between all of those guys there is not a single leader that can manage the personalities in the locker room or anyone with an idea how to prepare the players to run the offense.

All of these coaches an assistants focused on offense and the players in the locker room seem like they are basically BEGGING for leadership. This is what happens when all of your coaches treat coaching like it's all about watching video tapes and drawing lines on paper and not dealing with the human beings in the locker room who are the reason for those lines and videos. McCarthy must have thought he couldn't focus on actually coaching properly enough while running the offense and calling plays at the same time when he gave up playcalling initially (and there's merit to that) but he still took it back and the team has essentially been a mess ever since.
nerdmann
7 years ago

It's really not his place anyways he likely doesn't know jack about quarterbacking. We have a Head Coach who is a supposed QB guru who calls plays and whose offense the team is running, we have an assistant HC (offense) who used to be QB coach, we have an OC AND we have a QB coach. It really seems like between all of those guys there is not a single leader that can manage the personalities in the locker room or anyone with an idea how to prepare the players to run the offense.

All of these coaches an assistants focused on offense and the players in the locker room seem like they are basically BEGGING for leadership. This is what happens when all of your coaches treat coaching like it's all about watching video tapes and drawing lines on paper and not dealing with the human beings in the locker room who are the reason for those lines and videos. McCarthy must have thought he couldn't focus on actually coaching properly enough while running the offense and calling plays at the same time when he gave up playcalling initially (and there's merit to that) but he still took it back and the team has essentially been a mess ever since.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

Every week, we win or lose depending upon whether or not our QB decides to show up.

Fan Shout
dfosterf (14h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (14h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (15h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (17h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (18h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (21h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (22h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
27m / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.