Zero2Cool
7 years ago

He was asked about the fumbled snap, which was clearly Linsley's fault.He said he cant talk about that here. Now this is team destructive behavior.But i hope he caught himself, he ended up eventually round aboutly kinda blaming himself for it.The day he can consistently stand up and say, "My fault on the snap, next question;" is the day he's in a state of recovery and will re-earn the respect of his team.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

Listen here .

You do realize that anyone can listen to the conferences and see you're full of shit, right?

here's what Aaron said just talking about the offense --- he wasn't asked about the fumble at this point, but made a point to say HE fumbled the ball and cost his tea points
Aaron Rodgers : Obviously I fumbled the ball at the 1 1/2 yard line there that hurt us; took points off the board

asked to elaborate on what actually happened on the fumbled snap and was asked what was going through his mind on that play
Aaron Rodgers : I can't quite say it here on my exact thoughts but ah it was frustrating the timing of everything was just a little off and I ... obviously that's on me I can't have that happen

here's Aaron just talking about the offense and once again he brings up HIM turning the ball over
Aaron Rodgers : I turned the ball over in the redzone.
UserPostedImage
Porforis
7 years ago

First, there is one uncontrovertible constant among people that have righted a wayward mental ship: they have to want to change. 3-4 weeks ago, he proved he was indulging his disorder. But, I listened to his news conference yesterday and he might be trying. We'll know better next time they lose, especially if he plays badly

Again, my point is that you're comparing apples to tennis balls. You can't cure schizophrenia or any other mental disorder simply by wanting to change. It's required for treatment but it sticks with you permanently and it is exceedingly rare that all symptoms be completely eliminated. I'd possibly give an exception to certain anxiety disorders, eating disorders being treated with cognitive-behavioral therapy as far as eliminating symptoms go. But there's always the potential for relapse.

I realize you're not trying to be 100% literal, mental health issues are a personal problem for me first and secondhand and I think it's important that society be open and honest about them, and try to avoid casual usage of terms like "schizo", "depression", and other such terms. There's plenty of better adjectives to use.

Also, I'm interested to read your theories about Rodgers' mental state even though I personally disagree with them. I probably don't need to point out a second time the futility and uselessness of a secondhand, remote medical diagnosis of someone even if you did have a medical degree. I'd also try a bit harder to seperate incontrovertible FACTS (Things you can actually see, such as him yelling at teammates, sulking on the sidelines, actions during press conferences), and THEORIES to which there are multiple other explanations and rely on subjective interpretation of behaviors and make assumptions on his mental state and motivations. Examples of this would be the common complaint that Rodgers is willingly and knowingly sabotaging the team and going commando on McCarthy's gameplan. Works decently in a casual conversation about his behavior and performance, but your post was a bit too medical for my tastes and a proper diagnosis would require direct interaction with Rodgers.
mi_keys
7 years ago

The only problem is, salesman #2, no one wants to buy what you are selling. 😝

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Nah, salesman #1 realizes that not only is there no one on the island wearing shoes, there's no one on the island period.

Salesman #2, suffering from heat stroke and seeing a mirage of people needing shoes, is trying to call home via a conch shell.
Born and bred a cheesehead
sschind
7 years ago

Listen here .

You do realize that anyone can listen to the conferences and see you're full of shit, right?

asked to elaborate on what actually happened on the fumbled snap and was asked what was going through his mind on that play
Aaron Rodgers : I can't quite say it here on my exact thoughts but ah it was frustrating the timing of everything was just a little off and I ... obviously that's on me I can't have that happen

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

If I hadn't read barfan's interpretation I would probably have thought he can't quite say it here on his exact thoughts because his exact thoughts were "oh fuck" and he can't say that in a press conference. Having had a contrary thought put into my head before I watched however, I can see where those comments could be construed as his first thoughts were "damit Corey, you fucked up" but he was not going to say that at the press conference. Of course it probably takes a preconceived opinion on what is going to be said to interpret it that way. I think he did a fine job accepting responsibility but I can see how someone with a prejudice against him could think he was passing the buck and Barfan certainly has a prejudice against him.
Barfarn
7 years ago

Listen here .

here's what Aaron said just talking about the offense --- he wasn't asked about the fumble at this point, but made a point to say HE fumbled the ball and cost his tea points
Aaron Rodgers : Obviously I fumbled the ball at the 1 1/2 yard line there that hurt us; took points off the board

here's Aaron just talking about the offense and once again he brings up HIM turning the ball over
Aaron Rodgers : I turned the ball over in the redzone.

Skippy, dont see what all the fuss is about.

The question was asked what happened on the fumbled snap....
I said from memory "He said he cant talk about that here..."
He actually said [trusting you haven't manipulated the transcript] "I can't quite say it here on my exact thoughts..."

These beat reporters are carnivorous little bastards. A reporter comes to a press conference with question he wrote down with an object to getting a certain answer and sometimes asking the direct question, like the one he wanted to ask [whose fault was it], will be shut down. So a meaningless question is fired off tangent to the issue and you hope you'll get an answer. It's an "art;" the key is for the question to be literally meaningless, because if it means anything, then that is what will be answered. Belicheck would answer like this [folding the question in the answer-very important]: "well, what happened on the fumbled snap is that the center snapped the ball to the QB and during the exchange the ball hit the ground, we call that a fumble, and the other team got the ball, that's what happened on the fumbled snap."

"What happened on the fumbled snap?" what the hell does that mean? Literally it's nonsensical. Typical minds quickly adjust to impute connoted meaning into the question; the question as understood by all was actaully, "Who's fault was it?" And the response, "I cant talk about that here" or "I cant say it here on my exact thoughts" mean the exact same thing.

Again, Brady would have given a Belichek answer or knowing exactly what the reporter was fishing for tried to humiliate the reporter by highlighting how stupid the question was or nobly just put the whole thing to rest, "the fumble was my fault, enough on that, next question."

And Rodgers I hope realized that his answer worked to cast Linsley in a bad light and he stammered around a bit [the transcript doesnt provide the full texture of Rodgers' communication] and issued a half-baked kinda sorta correction by at last taking the blame for the timing of the play.

And I know what some of you are thinking [Yes i can read your minds too🤣], "how do you know what Aaron was thinking?"

Here's how, I listen! The question as literally posed had absolutely nothing to do with blame; yet, that is exactly where Rodgers took his answer. It it's my hope Rodgers realized he was tossing Lindsey at least partially under the bus and then tried to issue a kinda correction, because that is something his therapist would say is progress.
Barfarn
7 years ago

Of course it probably takes a preconceived opinion on what is going to be said to interpret it that way. I think he did a fine job accepting responsibility but I can see how someone with a prejudice against him could think he was passing the buck and Barfan certainly has a prejudice against him.

Originally Posted by: sschind 

My comments were generated 100% from the PC and were actually rendered to show hope. Now, please confine your thoughts to the PC leaving all preconceived notions of Rodgers aside.

The reporter's literal question had nothing to do with blame; yet as you said Rodgers assigned blame to himself. Rodgers fully understood the question to mean, "whose fault was the fumble?" The first response was passive aggressive blame to Linsley; then he stammered and took blame of the timing of the play leaving open that the actual fumble was Linsley's fault. That is not "accepting responsibility." Accepting responsibility, is saying, "the fumble was my fault." But, as i said, his therapist would call this progress.

Barfarn
7 years ago

Again, my point is that you're comparing apples to tennis balls. You can't cure schizophrenia or any other mental disorder simply by wanting to change. It's required for treatment but it sticks with you permanently and it is exceedingly rare that all symptoms be completely eliminated. I'd possibly give an exception to certain anxiety disorders, eating disorders being treated with cognitive-behavioral therapy as far as eliminating symptoms go. But there's always the potential for relapse.

I realize you're not trying to be 100% literal, mental health issues are a personal problem for me first and secondhand and I think it's important that society be open and honest about them, and try to avoid casual usage of terms like "schizo", "depression", and other such terms. There's plenty of better adjectives to use.

Also, I'm interested to read your theories about Rodgers' mental state even though I personally disagree with them. I probably don't need to point out a second time the futility and uselessness of a secondhand, remote medical diagnosis of someone even if you did have a medical degree. I'd also try a bit harder to seperate incontrovertible FACTS (Things you can actually see, such as him yelling at teammates, sulking on the sidelines, actions during press conferences), and THEORIES to which there are multiple other explanations and rely on subjective interpretation of behaviors and make assumptions on his mental state and motivations. Examples of this would be the common complaint that Rodgers is willingly and knowingly sabotaging the team and going commando on McCarthy's gameplan. Works decently in a casual conversation about his behavior and performance, but your post was a bit too medical for my tastes and a proper diagnosis would require direct interaction with Rodgers.

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

You're not only funny Porforis, but you are wise and intelligent.

You're point is well taken; applying a clinical diagnosis to the extremely limited information I possess, some of it may or not be true or exaggerated, makes me a really poor man's Dr. Phil. Sorry to have offended. And i may be 100% wrong, well I know I'm at least 5 % right, so maybe I'm 95% wrong, but I am sincere. I think Rodgers does have some emotional/mental health problems. I see no drop off in physical talent; at times i see no drop off in his unprecedented QB acumen, it doesn't make any sense otherwise.
steveishere
7 years ago

You're not only funny Porforis, but you are wise and intelligent.

You're point is well taken; applying a clinical diagnosis to the extremely limited information I possess, some of it may or not be true or exaggerated, makes me a really poor man's Dr. Phil. Sorry to have offended. And i may be 100% wrong, well I know I'm at least 5 % right, so maybe I'm 95% wrong, but I am sincere. I think Rodgers does have some emotional/mental health problems. I see no drop off in physical talent; at times i see no drop off in his unprecedented QB acumen, it doesn't make any sense otherwise.

Also, according to WebMD based off his on field actions Rodgers has cancer.
Porforis
7 years ago

A reporter comes to a press conference with question he wrote down with an object to getting a certain answer and sometimes asking the direct question, like the one he wanted to ask [whose fault was it]

Here's how, I listen! The question as literally posed had absolutely nothing to do with blame; yet, that is exactly where Rodgers took his answer.

So basically he has a basic understanding of what sports "journalism" is today.
beast
7 years ago

... I would probably have thought he can't quite say it here on his exact thoughts because his exact thoughts were "oh fuck" and he can't say that in a press conference. ...

Originally Posted by: sschind 

That was my first thought as well, but then I realize that doesn't answer the question and Rodgers is pretty analytical and probably wanted to answer the question in detail and felt he couldn't.
The question (as Zero put it)

Aaron Rodgers : I can't quite say it here on my exact thoughts but ah it was frustrating the timing of everything was just a little off and I ...

I believe Rodgers can't say his exact thoughts because his exact thoughts would involve stating the routes of the plays, the match-ups he was looking at and what he was hoping to take advantage of on the play... was what going through his mind pre-snap, and he doesn't want to give any of that away because he knows they're going to go to that formation again (and because Mike McCarthy would (or should) yell at him if he did.

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (3h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (3h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
18m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.