sschind
  • sschind
  • Senior Member Topic Starter
7 years ago
You want to talk blowing people up? Take another look at the hit Wingo put on that O-lineman late in the 4th quarter. I don't know where he was coming from but when the Seahawks came to the line he was no where to be seen but he came running in from the side at full speed and cut up just as the ball was snapped and almost knocked him into Wilson's lap. Maybe that's a new play. Running full tilt at the LOS is risky because if you don't time it just right you risk the offsides but running full tilt parallel to the LOS and cutting up at the snap of the ball puts physics in your favor. I don't care how big the other guy is he is going to get blown up as long as the timing is right.
warhawk
7 years ago

You want to talk blowing people up? Take another look at the hit Wingo put on that O-lineman late in the 4th quarter. I don't know where he was coming from but when the Seahawks came to the line he was no where to be seen but he came running in from the side at full speed and cut up just as the ball was snapped and almost knocked him into Wilson's lap. Maybe that's a new play. Running full tilt at the LOS is risky because if you don't time it just right you risk the offsides but running full tilt parallel to the LOS and cutting up at the snap of the ball puts physics in your favor. I don't care how big the other guy is he is going to get blown up as long as the timing is right.

Originally Posted by: sschind 

He had actually come off the field and the coach realized they only had 10 on the field and told him to get back in there and it just timed out perfectly where he never slowed down!

"The train is leaving the station."
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
7 years ago

Originally Posted by: sschind 

He was running in from the sidelines. He or someone missed the susubstitution. He chugged in then turned to hot right but kept moving forward and popped the LG pushing him back.
I think he caught the lineman off guard (pun intended ). It probably wouldn't work again.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
7 years ago
Some of you have poor memory recall, so here's the actual play. (dang old folks!) lol

BTW I split the Ringo posts into new thread. That was me.
UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
7 years ago
That LG saw him coming and you could see him prepare for the impact. Didn't work though as he got tossed.

Wonder what Daniels would do with a running start.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
sschind
  • sschind
  • Senior Member Topic Starter
7 years ago

He was running in from the sidelines. He or someone missed the susubstitution. He chugged in then turned to hot right but kept moving forward and popped the LG pushing him back.
I think he caught the lineman off guard (pun intended ). It probably wouldn't work again.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Probably not but it was fun to watch several times.
Barfarn
7 years ago
I really think this is a play that could be incorporated on 3rd and long [9+]. It's Capers' strategy in the psycho package on steroids.

Glwoinski was 6'4"3 and 307 at 2015 combine and Seattle has him listed at 310, which is slight for a guard and he stinks. So I wonder how this would have worked against a decent typical squatty fat guard, like Lane Taylor who is 6'3"0 and probably 325-330.

If that would have worked against Lane Taylor, then the affect this would have on a QB knowing his guard is about to get blasted back into his lap would be invaluable.

Of course, WPR makes a great point in that if they see Ringo line up and beginning his sprint in from the slot, they'll be ready for it.
Porforis
7 years ago
Yeah, don't think this is a trick they could use more than once or twice and even then it's a gamble. So incredibly dependent on timing. If the play clock isn't about to expire, just don't snap the ball and you have an offsides - or if he stops short and resets, snap it and he'll be off-balance. This just happened to work well because the timing's right and I think the confusion factor is more likely to have success in the future than timing things correctly and getting a running start will.
Barfarn
7 years ago

Yeah, don't think this is a trick they could use more than once or twice and even then it's a gamble. So incredibly dependent on timing. If the play clock isn't about to expire, just don't snap the ball and you have an offsides - or if he stops short and resets, snap it and he'll be off-balance. This just happened to work well because the timing's right and I think the confusion factor is more likely to have success in the future than timing things correctly and getting a running start will.

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

This play really doesn't depend all that much on perfect timing. If you watch the play Ringo is running parallel to LOS and the snap is WAAAY before Ringo gets there. We get desensitized to speed; but a 4.9/5.0 40 is pretty damn fast. Ringo made up the distance in a split second. Now Imagine what would have happened if Ringo timed it perfectly.

This Ringo play can work like the Rodgers' hard count creates a FEAR of jumping offside; this gives our OL a huge advantage. On 3rd and 4 these DLmen and blitzers are on their absolute heels when the ball is snapped. Plus they're thinking, "dont jump, dont jump", instead of their assignment. Bennett's game is jumping the snap count, he's the world leader in encroachment penalties and pressure; he didn't commit a single penalty, but nor did he cause any pressure. Rodgers took Bennett out of his game! Same thing with substitutions, these players and coaches are so nuts about not getting caught they are expelling precious energy sprinting on and off field and their mind is not 100% on their assignment.

So you do the Ringo dance a couple of times and you get them thinking about it. You get them altering their snap count when they see Ringo slide out to slot area and scraping his right foot on the ground like a bull ready to charge. All 11 O players will be thinking about the Ringo charge, instead of their assignment.

So Ringo anticipates the snap, and takes off, if he's too early, he just slows up and if necessary comes to rest in the spot that was left open for him at LOS. And he performs like he would normally.

I even thought of a variation to the play [I feel like George Costanza telling Jerry he has way to trade for both Bonds and Griffey]. You leave a hole for Ringo on the right and the left. If the ball isn;t snapped as Ringo is ready to turn up into the right hole; he runs past the center and turns it up the hole on left side. And sometimes when he turns it up left B gap he can hit the OT and knock him on his ass as Guard is reaching to block Ringo, then the LOLB has a free path to QB.

How about this, it's 3rd and 17, and you got 3 Ringos standing around by the left and right slot WRs and you got three of them crashing into the OL at once. We'll call it BIC [Bull in China Shop] for one Ringo; BICS for 3 Ringos.

And hey on 3rd and 17 and Ringo times it wrong and crashes too early and just knocks Glowinski on his ass from his stance, probably 5 yards back; worst case its 3rd and 12, but with that team of roided-up thugs, I guarantee a 15 yard PF.

Here's the big problem: The league would probably intervene because if Glowinski's head was down, and Ringo crashed him, the risk of spine/neck injury would be high.

One thing I know for sure; the DL room had a lot of fun with that play today.
RaiderPride
7 years ago
Very much like Bo Jackson Vs Brian Bosworth at the goal line.

Nice.
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (1h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (2h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (5h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (6h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (16h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (23h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.