Smokey
7 years ago
uffda udfa, I don't understand you at all. You could present your ideas in a short, clear, simple manner , yet you tend to draft half a novel that is hard to follow, upsets some members, and bores to tears many others.

The whole forum idea is to express your ideas without pissing people off. Making new friends, not trying to make a record number of enemies. My own post do not always meet with universal approval, but I try not to personally attack another member.

Being the rattling pebble in the hubcap gets old very quick.

[cheers]

UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
7 years ago

uffda udfa, I don't understand you at all. You could present your ideas in a short, clear, simple manner , yet you tend to draft half a novel that is hard to follow, upsets some members, and bores to tears many others.

The whole forum idea is to express your ideas without pissing people off. Making new friends, not trying to make a record number of enemies. My own post do not always meet with universal approval, but I try not to personally attack another member.

Being the rattling pebble in the hubcap gets old very quick.

[cheers]

Originally Posted by: Smokey 

K.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

uffda udfa
7 years ago

If you prove him wrong he starts to attack you personally and psychoanalyze you. YOU JUST DISAGREE, BECAUSE OF THIS OR THAT RELATIONSHIP WITH YOUR MOTHER or weird shit like that. That's why I blocked him. He kept PMing me telling me I was wrong and fail to disagree with him for psychiatric reasons.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

The delicious irony in the above is nerd was wrong in PM and multiple times on the forum so he blocked me. There is no other poster here that I ever had the issue I had with nerd other than play2win. Those two were cut from the same cloth.

I still have all five messages that I sent to nerd and the 4 he sent to me from eleven months ago. Sometime I should post all those messages, again. I did it before because he grossly mischaracterized our messages last off season, too. I kept PM'ing him. LOL. It's impossible for me to tell based on the lack of time code stamping but he may have PM'ed me first. This whole PM thing between he and I had to do with another Packers forum and Richard Rodgers. Nerd was ranting about Richard Rodgers being so much faster in the upcoming season because he lost some weight. Richard Rodgers could be anorexic and never be considered "fast" for a TE. Nerd used to like to just flippantly make statements about the Packers that a shred of research would disprove. Before he blocked me there are copious amounts of posts that feature himself and myself. It wasn't fun for him for me to dissect his posts and he blocked me for it. The same kind of thing Barfarn tells you he does to me I did to nerd and he blocked me.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Barfarn
7 years ago

Yup...Dakota and Barfarn. They get pounced on pretty good, too. He and Barfarn are the two most similar to me.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

No one has ever pounced on me here...NEVER [except maybe you].

If I say something that 12 people disagree with, some strongly, this is not "pouncing!" Let's face it only an idiot would think he can say Rodgers is 100% at fault from drop off in team play from 2014 and that he should be benched [not for Tom Brady, but Tolzein and Hundley] to snap his head out of his arse, and he wouldn't face a wide array of disagreement.

That's called empathy and self-refection! If what I do brings a certain reaction; maybe the cause is me!! Try it sometime.

But, now they can see how much better Rodgers is playing; and now suddenly, EG, Adams is better and we are winning [Wink]. But, would his benching have snapped him out sooner or later? Now that he's snapped out without benching we can now say those that said, "relax Barfarn, its a slump, players do have these, he'll work it out;" were right.
Pack93z
7 years ago

The Packers defense has been its Achilles heel for a couple years now... nothing has changed this season. It is a bend defense, that has to generate turnovers to be effective.

But again this season, name a team in the NFC that doesn't have a hole in it?

Dallas is as close to complete as there gets, but relying completely on untested players at key roles on offense. There defense is giving up just 20 yards less a game... not a dominate defense at all.

Atlanta goes as Ryan goes, much like Favre, he can be unpredictable. Might go for 3 or 4 TD's or go down in a blaze of 3, 4, 5 maybe 6 interceptions. But guess what, their defense is near the bottom as well.

Seattle's defense looks like a shell of itself minus Thomas... offense has been leaned upon more late in the season with very mixed results.

Giants offense is anemic.

The Lions are what they are... average at best on both sides of the ball. Consistent. Beatable.

Basically.... welcome to the new NFL... it is an offensive game where any defense can be torched at any given time. Not saying we are not behind, but we certainly are in the mix this postseason.

I expect more out of the Green Bay defense... but until they make changes in philosophy, I expect a passive defense that lives by the turnover or gets scored upon consistently.

We consistently will have to out run them on offense, which makes the times Mike McCarthy goes into his passive play calling maddening. We should be a peddle down until the final seconds team at the moment... or be in a coin flip at the end like we have seen a number of times.

That is about my only complaint with the offense over the past 5 or 6 years... keep the foot on the gas.

10-6 is about right for a team that relies upon their offense, that at times is very one dimensional. They have to be lights out most games to win.

I am not a Dom hater, but I am one that thinks it is time for a change in vision there. Year after year, one cannot point only on the personnel for the lack of consistency out of the defense.

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

Pretty much how I still see this... Packers need a change in vision on defense.

Yesterday, we couldn't play lights out on offense to keep with them. Defense is what it has been.. passive and living on the turnover.

They took passive to a new level yesterday.. letting guys run free often.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
DoddPower
7 years ago
I have no idea how Dom Caper's keeps his job. Right or wrong, fair or not, he has been the coordinator over defenses that have been historically bad, especially in the playoffs. Perhaps Dom Capers is great and it's all Ted Thompson or other coach's fault? Well why aren't they held accountable? The Packers can't continually accept mediocrity, or any many cases, straight-up putrid defense year after year. When is enough enough? The organization seems very complacent. This staff would have turned over a few times in the past 10 years if not for Aaron Rodgers.
warhawk
7 years ago

Pretty much how I still see this... Packers need a change in vision on defense.

Yesterday, we couldn't play lights out on offense to keep with them. Defense is what it has been.. passive and living on the turnover.

They took passive to a new level yesterday.. letting guys run free often.

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

It didn't help that the pass rush was non-existent as well. No way we were covering their guys and slowing down Ryan without getting after him. The few times they did get close to him he had a huge hole to run right up the middle.
Peppers and Clay are about done. At least in terms of providing a consistent and feared pass rush component. I think they really need to go out and get a couple of guys that can get after the QB FIRST and then look at what to do about the back end because a stout pass rush is going to help those guys. Besides, they have invested in Randall and Rollins who, for whatever the reasons are, went backwards this year but are too young, talented, and invested in, to give up on.
Yes they need to be more aggressive and that starts with aggressively acquiring pass rushing talent even if it is at the expense of moving on from Clay and Peppers but their best days have come and gone. Clay may still have a little in the tank but not at the salary he's at now. If he doesn't come off that, and it wouldn't surprise me if he won't, I would wish him the best.

"The train is leaving the station."
DoddPower
7 years ago

It didn't help that the pass rush was non-existent as well. No way we were covering their guys and slowing down Ryan without getting after him. The few times they did get close to him he had a huge hole to run right up the middle.
Peppers and Clay are about done. At least in terms of providing a consistent and feared pass rush component. I think they really need to go out and get a couple of guys that can get after the QB FIRST and then look at what to do about the back end because a stout pass rush is going to help those guys. Besides, they have invested in Randall and Rollins who, for whatever the reasons are, went backwards this year but are too young, talented, and invested in, to give up on.
Yes they need to be more aggressive and that starts with aggressively acquiring pass rushing talent even if it is at the expense of moving on from Clay and Peppers but their best days have come and gone. Clay may still have a little in the tank but not at the salary he's at now. If he doesn't come off that, and it wouldn't surprise me if he won't, I would wish him the best.

Originally Posted by: warhawk 

Clay would make a very good starting full time inside linebacker for the Packers with a renegotiated market contract. If he's not willing to accept that role, then trade him.
Pack93z
7 years ago

Clay would make a very good starting full time inside linebacker for the Packers with a renegotiated market contract. If he's not willing to accept that role, then trade him.

Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

Completely agree... had that water cooler discussion in the office this morning... Clay hasn't developed his game past a speed element on the edge... and as put, that is fading fast. If I am Clay, I want to get moved inside where I can blitz but I also can use my size to stand up block and shed... more effective at this point inside. But for whatever reason, he doesn't seem to want that role.

For the contract, he is not meeting that value.

As for Peppers, a spot role for a small contract or he is in the same boat.

My biggest fear, we will try to reload only through the draft which puts us out a bit yet. Unless Ted or GM to be leverage the free agent market to fill some holes.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
mojaveson
7 years ago

Elite quarterbacks guarantee deep playoff runs and titles... That's why the Saints have been 7-9 in four of the past five seasons.

Originally Posted by: mi_keys 

Great example re: the Saints!
Winners never quit and quitters never win. - Vince Lombardi
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (20h) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (21h) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (23h) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

21-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.